Does it even exist? 4k TV without all the smart nonsense?

a9249

Like the title says, I just want a TV that has an HDMI input(s); signal goes in, signal gets displayed. Like a monitor, but you know... 65 inches. 

All programming runs off the tower, no need for that crappy painfully slow smart stuff. 

Is this a thing that even exists? ...Or am I looking exclusively at projectors now?

just get a good tv with low input lag / response time , example qled samsung q6f series , 15ms input lag . equal to alot of gaming monitors

the 55inch and above version for example has 100hz on 1080p aswell ^^

(◑‿◐)

The only thing remotely modern would be one of those BFGD monitors. Otherwise, anything that would be without the smart part would likely be from a low-end manufacturer.

I mean, you don't need to use the smart TV portion if you don't want to. It doesn't affect the TV's "performance"

44 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

The only thing remotely modern would be one of those BFGD monitors. Otherwise, anything that would be without the smart part would likely be from a low-end manufacturer.

I mean, you don't need to use the smart TV portion if you don't want to. It doesn't affect the TV's "performance"

Even most low-end 2160p TVs have smart TV functionality, from what I've seen.

Hell, most 1080p TVs now do, so it's almost expected on a TV with a higher resolution.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Even most low-end 2160p TVs have smart TV functionality, from what I've seen.

Hell, most 1080p TVs now do, so it's almost expected on a TV with a higher resolution.

Oh, there's even 720p with Fire TV and Roku built in.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-32-class-led-720p-smart-hdtv-fire-tv-edition/6247254.p?skuId=6247254

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-24-class-led-720p-smart-hdtv-roku-tv/6259294.p?skuId=6259294

But 4K TVs are synonymous with standard Smart functionality whether it be Roku or Fire TV or something in house.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

4K without 4K Netflix, Youtube, and Amazon Prime.   Do you not stream?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

15 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

You dont need it built in to stream. Things like the Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and so on do a better job. For example the smart hub built in to Samsung TV's is utter shit. Most of the time a 3rd party streaming device is going to work better and give you better functionality. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

20 hours ago, Donut417 said:

You dont need it built in to stream. Things like the Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, and so on do a better job. For example the smart hub built in to Samsung TV's is utter shit. Most of the time a 3rd party streaming device is going to work better and give you better functionality. 

System is TV dependent, my Panny beats the Fire Stick, MiBox etc... why dedicated powerful quad core for rendering, and the pre buffering by Panasonic servers.

You may not be aware that a 4k TV is not a 4K TV, they are not the same quality, find one with a solid quad core in it and you are laughing.

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

On 5/22/2019 at 1:33 AM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Yes, from the tower.... hence the wanting "a 65inch monitor"

8 hours ago, a9249 said:

Like mentioned you can just ignore the smart portion of it... plug your PC to it and that's it... no?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 5/25/2019 at 1:08 AM, a9249 said:

You'll be really hard pressed to find what you're looking for. You can find 4K Monitors that are in the 65" range, but you'll be paying far more than you would for an equivalent (or better) quality 4K Smart TV.

As many others have said, just buy a Smart TV that is otherwise good quality (Example: Samsung QLED Q60 series), and literally just never use the Smart functionality.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 3:13 PM, a9249 said:

Like the title says, I just want a TV that has an HDMI input(s); signal goes in, signal gets displayed. Like a monitor, but you know... 65 inches. 

All programming runs off the tower, no need for that crappy painfully slow smart stuff. 

Is this a thing that even exists? ...Or am I looking exclusively at projectors now?

I don't know what "smart stuff" you have used lately but the the smart apps on my tv are very snappy and it's a couple years old.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:13 PM, a9249 said:

Could you just get a 65” and ignore those features?

That’s what I do. I’ll use something like an Apple TV 4K or XBOX One S to stream due to much better wireless antennas and a better interface.

53 minutes ago, Bohefus said:

I don't know what "smart stuff" you have used lately but the the smart apps on my tv are very snappy and it's a couple years old.

It depends on brand. My mom has a Samsung smart TV and its smart features are shit. Vizio tends to have some of the major apps but doesnt allow you to download additional.  Roku's and Amazon Fire Sticks work much better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The last time non smart TV's were produced were during Plasma's reign. Alass, despite their superior image quality the are no more.

Projectors are an option as you stated, so are the ludicrously overpriced  BFGDs.

Your best bet if you want to avoid as much pre processing as possible is to find a TV with good gaming modes and input latency figures. In the $500 price range I believe Samsung and Vizio has some to offer.

Check out the below link to help find what ur looking for.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/recommendation

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |