Apple just got REKT by… themselves - Powerbeats Pro Review

The new 2nd gen Airpods were impressive, but Apple's new Powerbeats Pro are even MORE impressive, especially for active users. But are they good enough to impress non-athletes?

Buy the Powerbeats Pro Totally Wireless Headphones:
On Amazon: https://geni.us/XiAAmM

10 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

so no more unlisted on the forum ever again???

The forum is to discuss the video, not get it unlisted so you can post first.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

do you work for LMG, if not this question is not meant for you, so bugger off.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

-snip-

Man, you must be REAL fun at parties.

Seriously, chill way the heck down and stop complaining about not getting videos unlisted. If that's all you care about you're welcome to leave.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

36 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

At this point I have to laugh every time I see your comment lol

30 minutes ago, Lurick said:

and I have to add you to my ignore list and report your worthless trolling.

giphy.gif

12294001205_176fdcf5c2_b.jpg

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

54 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

so no more unlisted on the forum ever again???

43 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

do you work for LMG, if not this question is not meant for you, so bugger off.

Considering you've been asking this for weeks now and never got an answer, the answer is obvious. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Considering you've been asking this for weeks now and never got an answer, the answer is obvious. 

Apparently not.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

and i'll keep asking till I get an answer, if you got a problem with that then IGNORE posts from me. It's not my job to conform because all of you trolls can't handle someone asking a question.

14 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

and i'll keep asking till I get an answer, if you got a problem with that then IGNORE posts from me. It's not my job to conform because all of you trolls can't handle someone asking a question.

Considering that this is Riley, the guy who regularly posts FP video threads to wrong subforums, him being able to operate YT is questionable altogether. Furthermore considering that we are talking about LMG, the place where quality control isn't part of anyone's job description, getting something done right at all is one stop short of miracle. And lastly, considering that these are LTT forums, this thread turning into shit-show by users without sense of humor or too big egos is like winning in lottery, every single day. Just a thing to expect.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Considering that this is Riley, the guy who regularly posts FP video threads to wrong subforums, him being able to operate YT is questionable altogether. Furthermore considering that we are talking about LMG, the place where quality control isn't part of anyone's job description, getting something done right at all is one stop short of miracle. And lastly, considering that these are LTT forums, this thread turning into shit-show by users without sense of humor or too big egos is like winning in lottery, every single day. Just a thing to expect.

it's more then just Riley, this has happened for every video for the last 2 weeks where I was at the computer when the video was posted, it doesn't appear to be a one time goof and all i'm asking is for an official statement from LMG, why so many people feel the need to attack someone for asking a question is beyond me, so I report and ignore. The fact so many people feel the need to answer a question with a smart ass comment when the question wasn't directed at them is the issue here, you know the forum guidelines:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

well thats what these folks aren't doing by harassing me over asking a question, their responses are what is getting this thread off topic, in an attempt to get this back on topic I will Ignore and Report anyone who quotes me in this thread that is not an LMG employee and will be making no further posts in this thread.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

... so I report and ignore. ... ... in an attempt to get this back on topic I will Ignore and Report anyone who quotes me in this thread that is not an LMG employee and will be making no further posts in this thread.

Considering how many posts you've already made after initial question, I doubt how well that will work for you. Maybe you should PM Nick to get more direct response. If that settles your mind. But I wasn't kidding. Knowing LMG, these things will happen, and will continue to happen as they lack producer whose job it would be to handle these kinds of things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

HEY LOOK, another CLICKBAIT title from Lying Tech Tips about apple. 

Let's see... how can we spin this in a negative light for apple.... hmmm.... well they own the brand.... they're both wireless headphones..... they're clearly aimed at different audiences, but it IS a really good product.... hmmmm, fuck it

HEY EVERYONE!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! APPLE FUCKED THEMSELVES UP!!! COME WATCH OUR VIDEO!!!

No where else on the internet would I see a fucking ATHLETIC wireless earphone compared to a casual earphone in such a manner, then to go so far as to look at the parent company and say that it screwed itself because it put out a really nice product that was seemingly nicer than one of its other products. (Despite calling the other product, AND I FUCKING QUOTE "Still a great option [for apple users]". (Linus himself Airpods 2 review 9:11)) What in the hell kind of straws are you guys grasping at? Hm, a company that owns a "luxury" brand put out a product under such brand that was nicer than a product it put out under its normal brand? NO FUCKING WAY??!?!?! Amazing reporting skills.

You guys are pitiful. Buzzfeed level reporting here folks. 

*Slow clap*

22 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

HEY LOOK, another CLICKBAIT title from Lying Tech Tips about apple. 

Let's see... how can we spin this in a negative light for apple.... hmmm.... well they own the brand.... they're both wireless headphones..... they're clearly aimed at different audiences, but it IS a really good product.... hmmmm, fuck it

HEY EVERYONE!!! LOOK OVER HERE!!! APPLE FUCKED THEMSELVES UP!!! COME WATCH OUR VIDEO!!!

No where else on the internet would I see a fucking ATHLETIC wireless earphone compared to a casual earphone in such a manner, then to go so far as to look at the parent company and say that it screwed itself because it put out a really nice product that was seemingly nicer than one of its other products. What in the hell kind of straws are you guys grasping at? Hm, a company that owns a "luxury" brand put out a product under such brand that was nicer than a product it put out under its normal brand? NO FUCKING WAY??!?!?! Amazing reporting skills.

You guys are pitiful. Buzzfeed level reporting here folks. 

*Slow clap*

not to mention costing a $100 more then the earpods you would EXPECT them to be BETTER, thats like saying Chevy "ReKTed" themselves by releasing a Caddilac Escalade when they had the Tahoe and Yukon. OR Seinhesier for releasing HD550's when they have the 598's having a higher priced option that performs better isn't rekting yourself, rekting yourself is releasing a lower priced option that performs better.

19 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

not to mention costing a $100 more then the earpods you would EXPECT them to be BETTER, thats like saying Chevy "ReKTed" themselves by releasing a Caddilac Escalade when they had the Tahoe and Yukon. OR Seinhesier for releasing HD550's when they have the 598's having a higher priced option that performs better isn't rekting yourself, rekting yourself is releasing a lower priced option that performs better.

I was going to draw similarities to VW owning virtually everything under the sun concerning german cars, and release what is essentially the exact same car in every... single... market space and price range, but I figured most of the people here probably wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway. 

Equivalent car related review title.

"VW REKT THEMSELVES - Porsche Cayenne Review"

Script: The Porsche Cayenne is so much better than the VW Tiguan.

Every car enthusiast ever: "Who in the fuck kind of idiot wrote this?"

You would have thought that on a review of a pair of ATHLETIC earbuds that you would have had comparisons to.... oh I don't know.... OTHER FUCKING ATHLETIC EARBUDS? Naaa that'd have been too easy and wouldn't have involved bashing apple. Same with the last "Macs are slow" video. You would have imagined that they would have compared the macbook pro to a similarly sized (thin) windows laptop with the same hardware but... NOPE. Didn't involve enough apple bashing. 

I'm more impressed by those driving the prices down.

It means they can apply what they've learned to more legit models very soon, and for even less.

Windows 10 is Apt-X so no apple headphones at this point interest me, especially at those prices.

Honestly never met anyone who didn’t fit the AirPods. Or have a problem where they fall out. They actually hold up better when running than my old PowerBeats 3.

7 hours ago, corrado33 said:

I was going to draw similarities to VW owning virtually everything under the sun concerning german cars, and release what is essentially the exact same car in every... single... market space and price range, but I figured most of the people here probably wouldn't have gotten the reference anyway. 

Equivalent car related review title.

"VW REKT THEMSELVES - Porsche Cayenne Review"

Script: The Porsche Cayenne is so much better than the VW Tiguan.

Every car enthusiast ever: "Who in the fuck kind of idiot wrote this?"

You would have thought that on a review of a pair of ATHLETIC earbuds that you would have had comparisons to.... oh I don't know.... OTHER FUCKING ATHLETIC EARBUDS? Naaa that'd have been too easy and wouldn't have involved bashing apple. Same with the last "Macs are slow" video. You would have imagined that they would have compared the macbook pro to a similarly sized (thin) windows laptop with the same hardware but... NOPE. Didn't involve enough apple bashing. 

worse still Unbox Therapy did the same thing comparing this product to the airpods. and did it days before this video even went on Floatplane (probably still not soon enough for them to have written and filmed this and edited it to be fair), does he have an early access option? I don't watch his crap but it's like they straight up cloned his video concept.

13 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

worse still Unbox Therapy did the same thing comparing this product to the airpods. and did it days before this video even went on Floatplane (probably still not soon enough for them to have written and filmed this and edited it to be fair), does he have an early access option? I don't watch his crap but it's like they straight up cloned his video concept.

Usually all the apple haters are here trying to "rip apple a new one" by now but it looks like none are coming. No one coming to the aid of their lying tech tips heros. Even LTT knows this video was shit and was also full of shit. How many more times do we have to catch them contradicting something they said previously about the exact same apple product for the sake of trying to defame apple or get views? Quite blatantly LYING in plain sight about something said no more than a couple of months ago. I mean hell, the entirety of the "Macs are slower" video could have been about LITERALLY any thin windows laptop, and linus even mentioned it (albeit extremely briefly) himself. But no, better to try to make apple look like the bad one here. Better for the monaaayyy. 

I guess this is what we have to look forward to in the future. Literally anything connected to apple in any way, shape, or form compared to literally everything else connected to apple and criticized in every way possible with no regard for simple business sense that even a 5 year old could figure out. Next up: "APPLE SCREWED THEMSELVES: MACBOOK VS. MACBOOK PRO" 

Why not "DELL SCREWED THEMSELVES: XPS LAPTOP VERSION 8 QUADRILLION CONFIGURATION 7 SEPTILLION ANNOUNCED"