Fixing No Sound With Netflix Dolby via PCM

I lose sound when streaming Netflix via PCM.  I take an optical output from a Panasonic 50CX802, and place it through the FIIO D03K converter which I know isn't Dolby/DTS multi-channel compatible to an Cambridge Audio Azur 350a.  Would the Topping D30 fix this?

I am buying the Topping D30 or the Topping D10 anyway.  2 bird with 1 stone is job done.

Additional Information

Youtube, Regular TV, PS4 etc on the same TV all work fine.  Only Netflix has the issue with this setup

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Thanks let me know if I said something useful. Cheers!

Update: The Topping has arrived.  I have hooked it up and I now getting a static.

What part of the chain is failing to decode what I assume is Dolby Digital Plus/DTS fomat(AC-3 multichannel) format?

Intel 12400F | 2x8 3000Mhz Corsair LPX | ASRock H570M-ITX  | Noctua DH-N14 | Corsair MP50 480GB | Meshilicious | Corsair SF600Fedora

Is your TV set to output PCM and set to the correct output device? Amazon's description for the FiiO D3 mentions

NOTE: The FiiO D3 only supports PCM audio signals and does not support Dolby, DTS, or other surround sound signals. Therefore, it is important that the digital audio output of your device defaults to or can be set to PCM/LPCM output. Otherwise the sound output will be noise/static.

Maybe this applies to the topping as well.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 5/19/2019 at 11:16 PM, tikker said:

Is your TV set to output PCM and set to the correct output device? Amazon's description for the FiiO D3 mentions

Maybe this applies to the topping as well.

Yes, it was set to PCM.

Update: Topping doesn't have a license to decode Dolby DTS which is why i get static.

11 hours ago, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Yes, it was set to PCM.

Update: Topping doesn't have a license to decode Dolby DTS which is why i get static.

AFAIK that's what PCM is supposed to fix though, your TV would do th decoding and send raw audio to your Topping.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 3:32 AM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

Yes, it was set to PCM.

Then Yeah your out of luck and either need to switch to stereo or get a Dolby DTS ceritfied device.

PCM does not solve any Dolby issues,  PCM can be embedded in a lot of wrappers and in the case of stuff like Dolby's licensed formats it will require a Dolby decoder.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:52 PM, TheFlyingSquirrel said:

I lose sound when streaming Netflix via PCM.  I take an optical output from a Panasonic 50CX802, and place it through the FIIO D03K converter which I know isn't Dolby/DTS multi-channel compatible to an Cambridge Audio Azur 350a.  Would the Topping D30 fix this?

I am buying the Topping D30 or the Topping D10 anyway.  2 bird with 1 stone is job done.

Additional Information

Youtube, Regular TV, PS4 etc on the same TV all work fine.  Only Netflix has the issue with this setup

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why are you using a DAC here? I assume it’s to convert the optical into composite since AFAIK the 350a only has composite inputs?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)