Seems like we’re close enough for 3rd gen mobile AMD Ryzen cpu (s)

Hey so I just saw that ryzen 5 3500u is making itself into many yet to be released laptops which seems promising ..what’s your take on this regard...one such Lappy is. The new thinkpad E495

i’m Gonna buy thinkpad E495 ..seems promising .....

check the in-depth spec sheet-

i am also open for suggestions for my upcoming purchase 

Thanks,

Siddhant

BD2B3803-3A2B-4A99-A27D-9753EA7C505A.png

-Moved To Laptops and Prebuilts-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Ryzen 3000 series laptops have been a while now, and I probably will do a review on one of them (stay tuned!)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 hour ago, LiamPerukistan said:

Hi , im new here  .... i already have the asus tuf gaming fx505dy with amd ryzen 3 gen pross.  ... feel free to ask.

IMG_20190517_071633.jpg

IMG_20190516_181732.jpg

IMG_20190517_071533.jpg

Wow seems like you’ve got the budget beast right there ...btw. Is that cpu worth it ? I mean how does it perform while multitasking and very slight gaming ??  Cuz I am buying a thinkpad with that cpu for programming  3500u to be specific

were u gaming in a ongoing  class?

1 hour ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

Wow seems like you’ve got the budget beast right there ...btw. Is that cpu worth it ? I mean how does it perform while multitasking and very slight gaming ??  Cuz I am buying a thinkpad with that cpu for programming  3500u to be specific

were u gaming in a ongoing  class?

it was a very bored and slow class...   the 3550u works really fine to me , im a architecture studend runs really well the Autocad , sketchup and archicad  , and these programs are really heavy .... is a good processor  at multitasking for the money it cost

56 minutes ago, LiamPerukistan said:

it was a very bored and slow class...   the 3550u works really fine to me , im a architecture studend runs really well the Autocad , sketchup and archicad  , and these programs are really heavy .... is a good processor  at multitasking for the money it cost

Thank you. U r running at how much ram?.   And what class was it ? Hehehehhehe

4 hours ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

Thank you. U r running at how much ram?.   And what class was it ? Hehehehhehe

i have 8 gb ram 2666 and can be upgraded , i hope the thinkpad of ur interest has dual channel and is gonna be a beast . 

that class was urbanism ... a bored stuff . 

6 hours ago, LiamPerukistan said:

i have 8 gb ram 2666 and can be upgraded , i hope the thinkpad of ur interest has dual channel and is gonna be a beast . 

Yes. I was very nitpicking in hunting the best laptop ....the thinkpad has 2x ram slots so I am gonna run it 16 gb ram atleast by the end of this yr

thanks,

anything else you wanna mention about the cpu could turn out to be of some use to me?

7 hours ago, LiamPerukistan said:

Check this out.  My choice 

3CD75B54-BBC2-4088-B029-CC45959125D8.png

8 hours ago, LiamPerukistan said:

Also does u r laptop have discrete gpu?   If not ,.....how much FPS do you get in apex in vega8?

23 hours ago, Siddhant Mishra said:

Also does u r laptop have discrete gpu?   If not ,.....how much FPS do you get in apex in vega8?

my laptop has a rx560x as discrete gpu ...and with this run residen evil 2 rkm at 60 fps at mid graf , apex at mid high at 60fps and Devil may cry 5 at 60 in high ....  for the price is a really good deal . i dont know how well can run all these with the integraded gpu in the pross... sorry

On 5/17/2019 at 10:52 PM, Siddhant Mishra said:

Check this out.  My choice 

3CD75B54-BBC2-4088-B029-CC45959125D8.png

is a really good laptop , try to go for 2 rams for the dual channel , is a really good boots for amds processors ... 

the programs you use are more processor than the gpu? because is that the case maybe u gonna go for the Ryzen 7 ...when the laptop force to much a APU they sometime has a heat problems ...