Why don't we have more Tech in our clothes? Here's some random ideas

Why don't we have more Tech in our clothes? Here's some random ideas  

8 members have voted

1. 1. I'm not asking if you think it will happen soon, just if you want it

• Low-end laptop Linus called it (compute puck), no screen your phone / tablet will serve that purpose
    • A power bank so you don't have to have bulky all day batteries in your mini computers
    • Why have a $300 plus screen in your phone, a Microsoft hololens or alternative, there's won't be in $3,000 when they don't include a computer.
    • Smart watch batteries in the wrist watch, neewer battery tech is awesome
    • Smart glove for VR / AR built-in to smart watches. (Not a glove) the smart watch could see the bones in your wrist to see the position of your fingers.

If you have a problem with one of my choices, well I promise I'm not going to start a Kickstarter. please just suggest an alternative and move on.

13 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

Because life is simple and should stay simple, we have enough with the massive social obsession with current tech I don't think we need to be always connected we are already the saddest generation

Just because we're physically connected to the internet, does not mean that more connection would disconnect us from reality.

For example ar would connect us more with reality, and flagship phones are already better then $400 Chromebooks, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Plus the internet is part of the world as long you're communicating with people, you could actually be communicating with more people than you ever quit in real life, is more having access to

e-pals that way if you say or do something stupid the entire school doesn't automatically know.

_____ turns into rant_____

Plus whoever said technology was corrupting our children it certainly changing us, but as long as you don't shut off from reality it can actually help, TV doesn't melt your brain and video games can actually improve your reaction time and memory.

I forget the name but parents disliking the new thing their kids are doing these days isn't anything new, in the 17th century something similar to fortune cookies was distracting teenagers at the time. Parents preach that it was corrupting their mind and keeping them away from the dinner table.

At one point in time books at the same stigma, if all you do is read then I forget how to talk, yes people actually thought this once upon a time before books were super common.

And don't even get me started on rock and roll and modern media manipulating rumors.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:35 AM, PacketMan said:

Because life is simple and should stay simple, we have enough with the massive social obsession with current tech I don't think we need to be always connected we are already the saddest generation

Lol that's a bold statement for a tech forum xD

On 5/16/2019 at 3:29 AM, Ryanwake said:

If you have a problem with one of my choices, well I promise I'm not going to start a Kickstarter. please just suggest an alternative and move on.

I like some of the ideas, but I don't think they're realistic.

Having a compute puck and your phone as the screen for example, would require manufacturers to get their shit together and create some sort of standard, which would allow the puck to work with enough phones. And that's unlikely if you ask me...

I don't really think we need smart watch battery tech in wrist watches, the standard battery cells work fine and are easy to reaplace. Plus I personally like mechanical watches best anyways, I like my watches to be battery free.

I don't really get what you mean by your smart glove idea, but there's a video somewhere of an AR concept involving tracking your hands, it can be done through software...

Also powerbank exists as is, integrating one into your clothing would only be additional hassle, plus washing your clothes would probably suck...

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

The entire issue with tech in clothes is much related to stiffness, fragileness and washing

How do you plan on washing the clothing?

Also, wear and tear will be a massive problem. Just look at Tesla door handles on the early models. A small wire that was pushed back and forth would break. 

Now imagine moving and stretching the material in your daily life, a lot more movement.

It wouldn't last long 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

I too am dreading not having USB type C support in my clothes.. when will we ascend as a humanity..

/s

Can’t we have learned that shirts with speakers in them were stupid & know that any further attempts like sweat shirts with headphones were also dumb? I don’t want a screen on my shirt making me look like a teletubby. 

On 5/16/2019 at 5:22 AM, myselfolli said:

I like some of the ideas, but I don't think they're realistic.

Having a compute puck and your phone as the screen for example, would require manufacturers to get their shit together and create some sort of standard, which would allow the puck to work with enough phones. And that's unlikely if you ask me...

I don't really think we need smart watch battery tech in wrist watches, the standard battery cells work fine and are easy to reaplace. Plus I personally like mechanical watches best anyways, I like my watches to be battery free.

I don't really get what you mean by your smart glove idea, but there's a video somewhere of an AR concept involving tracking your hands, it can be done through software...

Also powerbank exists as is, integrating one into your clothing would only be additional hassle, plus washing your clothes would probably suck...

The point was no screen, like a Chromecast with a battery and wireless HDMI, so you could stream from your pocket to you tablet or phone.

You won't need to upgrade as often, and when you want a different screen or 1 breaks it's only $100-$400 not $800-$1000, plus it could be bigger than a phone so it can have laptop/Chromebook specks so you only need to upgrade every 5-10 years.

And it's less likely to be broken because it almost never leaves you pocket/ backpack, and it's all metal so no cracked screens.

No standards and it can be whatever shape the manufacturer wants, but i think square rectangle and ovel/circle would be the most popular.

Too many people are too reliant on modern technology as it is.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Low-end laptop Linus called it (compute puck), no screen your phone / tablet will serve that purpose

Why have a $300 plus screen in your phone, a Microsoft hololens or alternative, there's won't be in $3,000 when they don't include a computer.

I'm having a really hard time understanding these sentences. RIP English.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

what do these options have to do with tech in clothes?

also no, my phone serves all the purposes i need when im not at home.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Because we wash our clothes and change them every day.

I like my clothes the traditional way. Shoes made of calf leather, suits made of wool, pants and shirts made of cotton, outer wear made of a wool/synthetic blend. 

But yeah, I don't dress like most tech enthusiasts and if met me on the street, you probably wouldn't think that I am passionate about PC components, audio tech and video games. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones