Looking for a new case, my search has been disappointing

ThreePinkApples

My current case is a Cooler Master HAF X, bought in 2010. I've been quite happy with it, nice and big to work in, lots of room, good airflow etc. etc. But I want something new, I'm not a fan of the look of the case anymore, and it is also slightly damaged and just plain old.

I've been sort of passively looking for a new case for years, but I've struggled with finding something that looks like an obvious buy. Part of it comes down to having conflicting desires for the case, such as both interested in a much smaller case, but need room for lots of stuff. I plan to do a CPU/RAM/Motherboard upgrade this summer (Aiming for a Ryzen 3000 series CPU if they don't disappoint, then it'll be either 9700k or 9900k)

My main (minimum) requirements:

• I don't have a fixed budget, I'm willing to pay a premium for a really great case
  • 4x3.5" HDD, although I should probably have room for 6
  • 1x2.5" SSD
  • Dual slot graphics card (but preferably triple)
  • 240mm radiator
  • 5.25" bay for UHD Blu-ray reader, but it looks like I might go for an external enclosure to get a good looking case.
  • Probably needs to be ATX motherboard because needing 8 SATA ports
  • 1xUSB-C and 2xUSB-A on front IO
  • Looks good duh...

I live in Norway, so the options available here are a bit limited compared to US/Canada, but I'm willing to import if that will be necessary, so suggest anything you want.

I have Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C saved for consideration, my main issue with it is simply the looks. It looks OK, but just that, kinda somewhere between boring office PC and a really good looking one?
A recent Tweet from LinusTechTips also clued me in on Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass which looks a bit better

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

3 minutes ago, DoingRandomStuff said:

Maybe the Silent Base 801 from Be Quiet.

Oh, that's very interesting, the 801 Window looks great. It doesn't appear to have USB-C in the front though.
But the Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2. does, and also looks great

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I really like my define r6, white with tg, hits all the points you listed, as for looks you can dress them up real easy

Noticed another thing, 801 Window does have vertical GPU mount, which I'd like, but no USB-C. While Pro 900 rev 2 has USB-C, but no vertical GPU mount... 

4 hours ago, aerandir92 said:

Noticed another thing, 801 Window does have vertical GPU mount, which I'd like, but no USB-C. While Pro 900 rev 2 has USB-C, but no vertical GPU mount... 

Dark base 700 then is clearly the answer

WARNING!!!

be quiet! cases are not the best when it comes to performance cooling, so if you're gaming hard and generating a lot of heat and you dont have a good amount of fans, you're going to have a bad time. You also wont get anywhere near the cooling performance of your old HAF X

I also only advise the use of a vertical GPU mount with a watercooled card, as air cooled cards will be starved for sir against a side panel and overheat under a heavy load. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Im still using a cheiftec dragon i bought at comp usa in 2003. No desire to move out of it. New cases are too thin. It seems manufactures are losing touch. For example Rosewill makes terrible paper thin cases that strip out, but Linus will advertise them. Corsair is supposed to be ok. 

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Dark base 700 then is clearly the answer

WARNING!!!

be quiet! cases are not the best when it comes to performance cooling, so if you're gaming hard and generating a lot of heat and you dont have a good amount of fans, you're going to have a bad time. You also wont get anywhere near the cooling performance of your old HAF X

I also only advise the use of a vertical GPU mount with a watercooled card, as air cooled cards will be starved for sir against a side panel and overheat under a heavy load. 

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't thought about how close the GPU would be to the side panel, I just assumed that it would be fair distance. Maybe not vertical GPU mount then.

Also yes, I'm expecting that the cooling performance will be degraded, but that should be fine

• 2 months later...

Ended up with the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass. Now just waiting for my 3900X to arrive