Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my harddrive is pinged at 100% + windows fails to update every time

so i reinstalled windows because iv been having bsods which have been fixed. but my windows install is now stucked on version 1511 with harddrive usage being at 100% all the time.

i tried updating using the windows update tool and inside windows settings

but to no avail

20 minutes ago, Kory said:

so i reinstalled windows because iv been having bsods which have been fixed. but my windows install is now stucked on version 1511 with harddrive usage being at 100% all the time.

i tried updating using the windows update tool and inside windows settings

but to no avail

it might be a case where your HDD is failing pretty bad? Why not try to install HD Sentinel to check the drive health?

when you reinstall Windows 10, it is advised to download the latest version from Microsoft.com. 

14 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Maybe the HDD is dying?

What does "crystalDiskInfo" say about the disk health?

1 minute ago, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

it might be a case where your HDD is failing pretty bad? Why not try to install HD Sentinel to check the drive health?

gonna see hopefully its not but its true that windows is showing 100% usage as around 5 megs

1 minute ago, bindydad123 said:

when you reinstall Windows 10, it is advised to download the latest version from Microsoft.com. 

i honestly could find it myself but yes i should get a newer install usb

2 minutes ago, Kory said:

gonna see hopefully its not but its true that windows is showing 100% usage as around 5 megs

It might just be that windows is being a dick right now. Did the windows install run without any errors? Or did it run slow? If these issues arise, then the HDD might be failing.

Just now, Roschlynn Dsouza said:

It might just be that windows is being a dick right now. Did the windows install run without any errors? Or did it run slow? If these issues arise, then the HDD might be failing.

the install itself seemed to take a bit longer than usuall but no errors or nothing and crystal disck is saying that the hdd is in a good state

it had happened with my old toshiba 160gb hdd. I tried to reinstall windows and that install was slow as hell. It took a massive 2 days to even install windows and another 5 hours to boot into it. I had to backup my data from it so i had to have patience. After i finished with the backup, windows started a disk checkup and found tons of bad sectors and corrupted sectors. These all lead to the conclusion that my hdd has failed

it had happened with my old toshiba 160gb hdd. I tried to reinstall windows and that install was slow as hell. It took a massive 2 days to even install windows and another 5 hours to boot into it. I had to backup my data from it so i had to have patience. After i finished with the backup, windows started a disk checkup and found tons of bad sectors and corrupted sectors. These all lead to the conclusion that my hdd has failed 

nothing on that scale happened no checkdisk no corrupt sectors and it all started happening after the install and i still have the same boot time from bios i allways had.

2 minutes ago, Kory said:

the install itself seemed to take a bit longer than usuall but no errors or nothing and crystal disck is saying that the hdd is in a good state

So, it might be a bad sector on the drive that windows is unable to access i guess. This site should help you to run a disk check. If any bad sector is found, windows will try and repair it.

https://howtorecover.me/check-disk-errors-chkdsk-command-prompt

Just now, Kory said:

nothing on that scale happened no checkdisk no corrupt sectors and it all started happening after the install and i still have the same boot time from bios i allways had.

So it might be a trash windows install i guess

So, it might be a bad sector on the drive that windows is unable to access i guess. This site should help you to run a disk check. If any bad sector is found, windows will try and repair it.

https://howtorecover.me/check-disk-errors-chkdsk-command-prompt

ill check it out but as of me typing this my hardrive is at 50% which i remmember being about how much usage it had on the old install

So it might be a trash windows install i guess

that may be it too which it seems kinda random but yea ill run chkdisk and if it find nothing ill get the 1809 usb somewhere and install that

1 minute ago, Kory said:

that may be it too which it seems kinda random but yea ill run chkdisk and if it find nothing ill get the 1809 usb somewhere and install that

You can use the microsoft windows creation tool and create a latest one

You can use the microsoft windows creation tool and create a latest one

great ill look for it 

after reinstalling windows my harddrive usage went down but now windows is using so much of my allready slow cpu its insane

just noticed that windows is showing my cpu as having 2 cores but 4 physical cores 

What CPU do you have?

Perhaps it actually has only 2 physical core, with 4 logical core through SMT/Hyperthreading?