Fortnite Causes Computer to Restart

So for the last week or so whenever I try to play fortnite it will randomly restart in the middle of playing. It could be 1 minute into loading the lobby, or 4 games later, its random. My temps are great and its not my psu because I have ran multiple benchmarks/games that stress my system about the same or more and nothing happens. When I check event viewer there is really no consistent error except that occasionally there will be one about the nvidia local service shutting down or something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

When I check event viewer there is really no consistent error except that occasionally there will be one about the nvidia local service shutting down or something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try using DDU to uninstall your display drivers and then reinstall the latest version from the Nvidia website.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

20 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Try clean installing your GPU drivers.

Use this to uninstall the current drivers: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

980TI GPU Drivers: https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/147182

19 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Try using DDU to uninstall your display drivers and then reinstall the latest version from the Nvidia website.

Alright just tried this. Will update whether or not it worked.

12 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Reinstalling Fortnite also wouldn't hurt to try. I would do this after the GPU update.

40 minutes ago, Spotty said:

So I've tried it and it didn't work. Reinstalling Fortnite was the first thing I did when it started happening but I don't think it'll make any difference now.

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

So I've tried it and it didn't work. Reinstalling Fortnite was the first thing I did when it started happening but I don't think it'll make any difference now.

Try removing CPU & Memory OC.
Does it happen in any other games, or only Fortnite?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

Try removing CPU & Memory OC.
Does it happen in any other games, or only Fortnite?

Already did that. Both are running at default speeds. Only happens in Fortnite. Other games and benchmarks are fine. I'm thinking it might be an issue with Fortnite more than my computer but its not really happening to anyone else so I don't know.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, same issue here o.O using a eGPU though.
I thought it was causing issues because of the eGPU but every other game works fine.

I played Fortnite yesterday just fine, didn't reboot my PC and this afternoon I just start it and it reboots my PC. Causing it to freeze in BIOS because of the eGPU. Ugh

make sure you ddu through safe mode and if nothing else why not try and re seat ram and your gpu

• 7 months later...

Yeah I'm having the same issue. Running Core i5 4690 at 3.5GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, GTX 770 4GB SC Edition, DX12. All other games works perfectly fine (Far Cry Series, Forza Horizon 4, etc.) I can't seem to find a fix to this.

The game literally crashes and reboots after dropping down for a weapon hunt.