Should I replace my GPU thermal paste with avg paste?

dgsddfgdfhgs

so I only have some average thermal paste, rated ~4.15w/mk

(while good pastes is around 8w/mk for known brands, higher is better)

there arent any obvious symptoms that my gpu is overheating, just temps are on high end, 79C on msi gtx970 gaming stock/ 85C when overclock+100mhz,

replaced the fans , open case and no dust if you wonder.

at 85C the heatpipes and wind is pretty hot so I'm sure they are doing their work.

Do you think average thermal paste will help over stock gpu paste?

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

so I only have some average thermal paste, rated ~4.15w/mk

(while good pastes is around 8w/mk for known brands, higher is better)

there arent any obvious symptoms that my gpu is overheating, just temps are on high end, 79C on msi gtx970 gaming stock/ 85C when overclock+100mhz,

replaced the fans , open case and no dust if you wonder.

at 85C the heatpipes and wind is pretty hot so I'm sure they are doing their work.

Do you think average thermal paste will help over stock gpu paste?

the thermal paste has probably dried out put the cheap stuff on it'll do a better job

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 3600,   Aorus X370 K7,   XPG 16GB 3200,   Gigabyte 2070 Windforce Corsair RM650x,   LG 32GK650F-B 31.5" 144Hz QHD FreeSync VA,   Kingston 120GB SSD,   Samsung 1TB 860 QVO,   2TB HDD,   Fractal Design Meshify C,   Corsair K63 Wireless,   Corsair Gaming M65 PRO,   Audio Technica ATH M50x,   Windows 10 ProCorsair H100x 240mm.  (◣_◢)

(◣_◢) Ryzen 5 1600,   Noctua NH-L12S,   Gigabyte GTX 1060 6G,   ASUS Prime B350 Plus,   HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 (2666MHz - 1.3v),   SilverStone ET550-B,   Kingston 120GB SSD 2TB HDD,   Cougar MX330,   Windows 10 Pro.  (◣_◢)

Gtx 970 is an old card. Stock paste is usually good enough but as your gpu age so does the paste.. Replacing it with regular paste could help but they won't last as long. 

Good quality paste are cheap and easy to find. My recommendation is the artic MX 4

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Replacing it with regular paste could help but they won't last as long. 

interestingly, I have used this paste for 2 yrs+, on my cpu/ phone and remaining are exceptionally good & in good condition (soft & moist) 

Hope nothing breaks in the process, thanks

2 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

interestingly, I have used this paste for 2 yrs+, on my cpu/ phone and remaining are exceptionally good & in good condition (soft & moist) 

Hope nothing breaks in the process, thanks

In one apply? Then that's good enough providing if it can give you good thermal conductivity. 

You are welcome. ^_^

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I've changed my GPU's (MSI 970 Gaming) at least 3 or 4 times by now. Keep your screws somewhere safe and you'll be fine.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

2 minutes ago, Xaring said:

I've changed my GPU's (MSI 970 Gaming) at least 3 or 4 times by now

How was the stock paste? 

I wonder what happened...

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

How was the stock paste? 

I wonder what happened...

By the first swap, it was dry as it could be. I've been using Noctua NT-H1 and now I have some ICDiamond. It's worth getting a better paste, they last a lot in their tube and your temps will improve. 
Ive only had to buy those 2 pastes in over 6 years.

I've also used thermal grizzly kryonaut, but you need to spread that one and for GPU's its better if they self spread IMO

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

a little update, finally got enough sleep to do the work.

and no change in temp, 

looks like the crispy paste is good enough lol