VDG and RGB Fans

Hello,

So I got myself a new case Sharkoon TG4 RGB. The case is coming with 4 pre-installed RGB fans. I was replacing whole system from old case to new case and I ran into a few problems. The main one is that I can't get my fans to change colors due to VDG missing. I was sniffing around the internet and realised that VDG is necessary if I want my fans to be RGB. It's like a controler, right? Apparently, I have around 10 different modes on my fans, and the way I should be able to switch them is using my reset button, right? But I can't since my motherboard doesn't have VDG. Is there any other way I can switch between modes? I heard there's like USB controler but I don't know what that is... Help? *Disappointed*

You have two different control options, either addressable or manual. The addressable method allows you to connector to your mother boards through either of these connections.
IMG_0994.thumb.PNG.21febde939775cb1a18a9b8bef7d890a.PNG
Then control through whatever compatible software. You will also need to connector the controller to a SATA power source. Note that you will not connect your reset switch to the controller if you choose to control through this method, as shown below.
IMG_0996.thumb.PNG.2d602fda34ae8ab66b4ec69ef7e76745.PNG

Now if if you choose to go through the manual control method where you use the reset switch to change colors and modes, you will not connect the controller to your motherboard. You will instead connect your reset switch to the controller. For example:
IMG_0993.thumb.PNG.2bfd6c0a76db2e9227f8e863298a7482.PNG
You will then press the reset switch to control the colors/modes with the controller.

I would recommend taking a look at this small "guide" from Sharkoon themselves.

8 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:
   You have two different control options, either addressable or manual. The addressable method allows you to connector to your mother boards through either of these connections.
IMG_0994.thumb.PNG.21febde939775cb1a18a9b8bef7d890a.PNG
Then control through whatever compatible software. You will also need to connector the controller to a SATA power source. Note that you will not connect your reset switch to the controller if you choose to control through this method, as shown below.
IMG_0996.thumb.PNG.2d602fda34ae8ab66b4ec69ef7e76745.PNG

Now if if you choose to go through the manual control method where you use the reset switch to change colors and modes, you will not connect the controller to your motherboard. You will instead connect your reset switch to the controller. For example:
IMG_0993.thumb.PNG.2bfd6c0a76db2e9227f8e863298a7482.PNG
You will then press the reset switch to control the colors/modes with the controller.

I would recommend taking a look at this small "guide" from Sharkoon themselves.

Thanks for the reply man, but when I connect my other reset sw to my motherboard it just restarts the PC, but when I unplug it, nothing happens. So not sure what to do

2 hours ago, ItzzCarl said:

Thanks for the reply man, but when I connect my other reset sw to my motherboard it just restarts the PC, but when I unplug it, nothing happens. So not sure what to do

Are you saying you have more than one reset switch? Because that case should only have one reset switch. If you want to control the colors with it, you will plug it into the controller on the back side of the case. You won't plug it into your motherboard, which unfortunately means you won't be able to reset your system.

6 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Are you saying you have more than one reset switch? Because that case should only have one reset switch. If you want to control the colors with it, you will plug it into the controller on the back side of the case. You won't plug it into your motherboard, which unfortunately means you won't be able to reset your system.

It's alright now, thanks for the help everything's working fine now. I was tripping about two resets. Now that I finally fixed RGB, my molex pin broke, it fell out and fan is not working. I tried fixing it by banding some little things on kt and putting it back. It didn't work, and now I'm stuck with 1 broken fan. I don't know should I give back the case to the store so they see what's up or should I give it to local "PC-Man" :D. I doubt I can fix it myself cuz I don't even know is molex pin the problem or fan just died.

Oh dude I managed to fix everything and now it's working fine. @Dylanc1500 Thank you so much for your help, you saved me and I really appreciate it :D !

10 minutes ago, ItzzCarl said:

Oh dude I managed to fix everything and now it's working fine. @Dylanc1500 Thank you so much for your help, you saved me and I really appreciate it :D !

Good, I'm glad to hear it! It's not a problem at all, you are more than welcome. You ever need help, don't hesitate to ask, as I'll do what I can to help.

• 7 months later...

@Dylanc1500 hey im having a similar issue

Case rgb controller and my motherboard. I cant find where to plugin the vdg in 3 prong connecter i have a rosewill prism s white case and a msi mpg x570 gaming plus motherboard. I have the 3 prong 1011(1=pin 0=empty) connector connected to  the motherboard in the top above the ram but cant for the life of me figure out the 3 prong front panel like header. Abny help would be appreciated

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147298?reviews=all

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813144262?Item=N82E16813144262

DGgBU89.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello, 

You have a responce ? 

I interresting too

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2019 at 3:51 AM, Dylanc1500 said:

Good, I'm glad to hear it! It's not a problem at all, you are more than welcome. You ever need help, don't hesitate to ask, as I'll do what I can to help.

Good day mate!

I just can't find a perfect answer for my question and I think you can help me out.

So, I have multiple ARGB components - my RGB fan hub (because I have 6 fans) that has a controller (aura sync compatibe), my RGB CPU air cooler, and coming soon is my m.2 nvme heatsink RGB (aura sync compatibe).  I need all these to be connected on a 5v3pin.

I can't give up my motherboard - TUF B450 Gaming pro because it has good reviews with thermals and etc, which just sucks because it doesn't have ARGB header - only 2 rgb headers.

Now my challenge is making it work like this

RGB Fan hub, RGB Cpu air cooler, NVME heatsink <connecting to my> ARGB hub (5v3pin hub) <which will then connect to the Deepcool RGB Converter> to my motherboard RGB header (12v4pins)

It's pretty exhausting to go all the hassle just to get it to work. I would just want to sync everything with Aura sync.

I've already ordered  everything onine and just waiting for the items.  I just thought it might endanger my unit or something.  Can't find any online forums about this as well.  

Would that make sense? or would it be better if I just get a board with argb header.