VTX3D release the R9 290 X EDITION and R9 290X X edition, just to mess with you even more

brownninja97

VTX3D_R9_290_X-Edition_01.jpg

Ok so VTX3D are next in line for making a custom 290 and 290x cooler and they have called it the x edition which isnt very clever because  they thought this x-edition cooler should be on the 290(non x) as well which already confused people.

The cooler comes with two 90mm fans and 3 6mm heat pipes with another 8mm one on the other side. It then has a matte black pcb which we have all grown to love. One bad thing about this is that they still have the old maya on the box, i mean comon the new ruby came out last year so at least update that picture. We all like eye candy, even the women of the forum.

Back on topic are the clocks for the two cards.

290x:  core at 1030 MHz and 1250 MHz for memory

290:  975/1250 MHz for core/memory

http://www.techpowerup.com/197159/vtx3d-unveils-the-radeon-r9-290x-r9-290-x-edition-graphics-cards.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Xzibit: I heard you like X in your graphics card names...

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

That's a horrible name scheme.

Signatures are stupid.

I'm terribly glad that I have never heard about this company - hell, I don't even think it's available for purchase here.

A bit tricky, but I'm hoping that the edition's logo placement along side customer service of websites and stores makes this a non-issue.

Pew Pew Helicopters

Did they buy the old looking cooler off of asus? The previous DCU2 model?

b2026.jpg

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Did they buy the old looking cooler off of asus? The previous DCU2 model?

b2026.jpg

wow, good eye! It does look incredibly similar to the DCUII cooler

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

wow, good eye! It does look incredibly similar to the DCUII cooler

Your eyes don't deceive you but its quite similar ain't it? Although on the DCU2 the pipes aren't in the same place like the R9 290/(x) VTX3D model.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Your eyes don't deceive you but its quite similar ain't it? Although on the DCU2 the pipes aren't in the same place like the R9 290/(x) VTX3D model.

agreed, but in terms of the fan shroud it's quite a striking resemblance. I wonder if ASUS had extra premanufactured and sold them off or if the design was owned by the manufacturer and that company/group pitched the design 

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.

VTX? Never heard of them. Is that the North American branding of Club 3D?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

As i

As far as i know is and "branch" side brand/company from Powercolor...

I own a VTX3D 7950 in my secondary rig, working awesome till now (stock 800mhz) 1100mhz core OC stock voltage, but the memory cant be overclocked what so ever, atleast without voltage boost...

i7 4770K 4.7 Ghz (1.285vCore, CORSAIR H110) - GIGABYTE G1 SNIPER M5 - MSI GTX 780 (Arctic Hybrid watercooled)- G.SKILL 16gb 2133Mhz cl9 - SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256gb - CORSAIR 350D - CORSAIR RM 750W

LENOVO Y500 i7 3630qm 3.4 Ghz, GTX 650M SLI, 8gb 1600Mhz, WD 1tb, Cooler Master U2

BUILD LOG: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26468-finished-350d-mini-gigabyte-killer-blackgreen/

I thought the mascot name was Ruby... not Maya.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

I just dont even know.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I thought the mascot name was Ruby... not Maya.

haha oops

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Wait a minute here... So if Im understanding the nameing convention here, it's going to be the VTX 290X X edition? OMFG...

Wait a minute here... So if Im understanding the nameing convention here, it's going to be the VTX 290X X edition? OMFG...

I think it would be better if the x edition was only for the 290x, its just weird that its for the 290 non x as well.

Listen if you care.

I think it would be better if the x edition was only for the 290x, its just weird that its for the 290 non x as well.

It would be even more rad if the 290 was reffered to as the 290 XX edition. I mean, if we're trying to confuse people, you might as well go all the way

Looks like the cooler available on club3d r9 280x

I think the two companies are linked they tend to have very similar coolers.

Listen if you care.

As i

As far as i know is and "branch" side brand/company from Powercolor...

I own a VTX3D 7950 in my secondary rig, working awesome till now (stock 800mhz) 1100mhz core OC stock voltage, but the memory cant be overclocked what so ever, atleast without voltage boost...

VTX is a downgraded Powercolor, that is why you see "problems" from the get go, they are usually sold in pre-built PC-s here in my country, they are not very reliable, when overclocking, and they don't really stand heat very well, so pls be careful. I used a lower end AMD card, it could not even live an entire year.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1077769/vtx3d-a-solid-brand

Here are some issues ( older post, but have not seen any praise since then )

VTX uses cheap parts that in best case will last you just over the warranty date, i had some friends that had them, none of them was without a problem ( my card died the fastest, others had cards crashing under higher, but acceptable temperatures )

I would strongly advise you guys to stay away, Powercolor already is not the best manufacturer ever, but this is worse!

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)