Extremely low FPS on GTA V (lowest settings)

JaayOCE
7 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Excellent. Now go in and checkmark Power, RAM Usage, Frametime and CPU temperature(let me know if you don't see CPU temperature). Then click on each of these 4 things and show them in OSD(you should know how to do this). Then apply the settings and come back here and I'll then tell ya' the next step.

done

14 minutes ago, JaayOCE said:

done

Okay now, you're gonna record another game clip. Shoot for around 30 seconds to 1 minute, tops. Make sure you're in story mode, not online. You're gonna want to go to the beach on the left side of the map. Get any car and get on the road to the right of the beach, right where there's a bunch of beach houses right beside one another. This will be your starting point. Start recording and then drive from here up the left side of the map for about 30-60 seconds. Then stop recording and post the video here. Make sure you press Alt+F9 to start and stop recording. The video should then be located in a GTA 5 folder in Videos under My PC in mp4 format. Easier to share doing it this way.

oh am i suppose to do it in story mode

11 minutes ago, JaayOCE said:

oh am i suppose to do it in story mode

Of course.

28 minutes ago, JaayOCE said:

-snip-

Do the same video, but this time, turn off the radio, and don't spin the camera around. Just drive up the left side of the map. Try not to crash either. I see a few things that are happening. Be sure to drive under both overpass signs(the ones at the end of this video you just posted, looks like it says "North, Great Ocean Highway" on it). That's where fps should be the highest. I couldn't tell because that's exactly where you stopped the video.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Do the same video, but this time, turn off the radio, and don't spin the camera around. Just drive up the left side of the map. Try not to crash either. I see a few things that are happening. Be sure to drive under both overpass signs(the ones at the end of this video you just posted, looks like it says "North, Great Ocean Highway" on it). That's where fps should be the highest. I couldn't tell because that's exactly where you stopped the video.

max size is 20mb so i have uploaded it on youtube

3 hours ago, JaayOCE said:

max size is 20mb so i have uploaded it on youtube

Aha, just as I thought... 74 FPS right there. 57% GPU usage. Good 14.3 ms.

gta5bb1.png.7e6650118202efdad23ef70266258475.png

What's happening can be seen in this next photo here...

gta5bb2.png.e7d9f83b9139d901c9417b447a54b5b5.png

Your CPU is bottle-necking your GPU. However, it's not your CPU exactly that is causing this. I think it's your PC in general. There are many, many things that could be running in the background of your PC, hogging up CPU usage. So you'll just have to find them. Keep in mind of the videos above. Even if you fix the bottleneck and get your fps up to where you want it, your fps will still be lower in the city than it is out on the highways and while flying and while in apartments and what not. Those things you cannot fix. The bottleneck you can. The less often your CPU hits 100%, the more things you have cleared running in the background of your PC hogging up the CPU usage.

The very first thing you can do is look at the processes going on in your task manager under CPU. See if anything is noticeable there. Could be a number of things. Then there's freeing up CPU usage by optimizing your PC for gaming in general. Usually done in Windows settings by turning off things you don't use. You can also update Windows as many times as it makes you. Click on check for Windows updates in Windows settings and keep updating windows until when you click on check for updates, it says, Windows is up to date(after clicking on it, not just seeing it there now, you gotta click on it).

I do have a video bookmarked that should help you understand all this a little better. Here it is...

Just make sure you listen to what he's actually saying. You don't have to do every single thing in this video. Be sure to choose wisely. A lot of it is very beneficial in your situation and should help you with your bottleneck. I basically don't mess with anything to do with the registry or CPU parking. I leave that type of stuff alone. You'll know when you've fixed the bottleneck once your GPU usage starts to go above 57% and your CPU usage hits and holds 100% less often. Expect the CPU usage to hit 100% in the city regardless. The goal is to get it to not hold there though.

EDIT: What is your internet download and upload speed? Test it here... https://www.speedtest.net/. When you play online, you're gonna want your internet speed to be great, especially upload speed. If your internet speed is not great, this could be why you get less fps while playing in GTA online.