What to do after changing cpu/ram/psu/motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by Kaicer,

7 minutes ago, exon654 said:

Let's say I've changed CPU/RAM/Motherboard and a PSU, what is the next thing I should do? Do I boot my pc through my flash and install windows? I'm a little bit confused, step by step explanation would be very useful and appreciated.

Download Windows (10/7/8.1/etc.) onto the USB drive with another computer and plug the USB drive into either the front or back USB ports.

Then proceed to mash the life out of the key that allows you to select your boot drive in Bios and select the USB drive. Then hit enter once you select "Yes boot from this drive" (or whatever it says for you.)

Let's say I've changed CPU/RAM/Motherboard and a PSU, what is the next thing I should do? Do I boot pc through my flash and install windows? I'm a little bit confused, step by step explanation would be very useful and appreciated.

7 minutes ago, exon654 said:

Let's say I've changed CPU/RAM/Motherboard and a PSU, what is the next thing I should do? Do I boot my pc through my flash and install windows? I'm a little bit confused, step by step explanation would be very useful and appreciated.

Download Windows (10/7/8.1/etc.) onto the USB drive with another computer and plug the USB drive into either the front or back USB ports.

Then proceed to mash the life out of the key that allows you to select your boot drive in Bios and select the USB drive. Then hit enter once you select "Yes boot from this drive" (or whatever it says for you.)

Just now, Kaicer said:

Download Windows (10/7/8.1/etc.) onto the USB drive and plug the USB drive into either the front or back USB ports.

Mash whatever key allows you to select your boot drive in Bios and select the USB drive. Then hit enter once you select "Yes boot from this drive" (or whatever it says for you.)

And that's all I got to do after changing these parts? Just a fresh reinstall and thats it? Thank you.

Just now, Kaicer said:

Download Windows (10/7/8.1/etc.) onto the USB drive and plug the USB drive into either the front or back USB ports.

Mash whatever key allows you to select your boot drive in Bios and select the USB drive. Then hit enter once you select "Yes boot from this drive" (or whatever it says for you.)

@exon654 ^ but you should also while the USB drive is getting setup or at least before you install windows make sure everything is detected properly in the bios.

@exon654 Also set the SATA mode to AHCI for the ssd/harddrive to improve write and read speeds. If you try changing it AHCI mode after installing windows, you will receive errors that tell you that your boot drive isn't working. IDE and AHCI are different and cannot be switched after the installation of windows.