Extreme noise on new microphone

MrPoop

Hello everyone!

My friends were angry that I am using a webcam microphone (because it is really unusable), so I decided to buy a some great one. Based on some reviews I choosed a kit with nw700 and power supply nw100. The problem is that it is really quiet and really noisy. I don´t know what can cause this problem. I can kinda remove the noise in recording with audacity, but I want to use it mainly for gaming so my friends can have decent experience.

Here is a preview and my settings.

Does anyone have any idea why is the noise so noticeable? My motherboard is ASUS Prime B250 Pro (just in case it´s onboard soundcard has something to do with it). I tried all kinds of things (multiple settings of gain and levels, driver versions and linux), but nothing helped and I am starting to be kinda sad because I thought it´s gonna be a great mic. I double checked all connections and they are right. The power supply should be working (blue led).

Thank you for your ideas.

I had a problem a while ago every time after start ups Windows changed settings of my microphone and I had to do the trouble shooting of Windows and it fixed it. Even though all settings were correct I had this problem. Some Audio driver of Windows changed itself.

Maybe try this out?

3 minutes ago, Hip said:

I had a problem a while ago every time after start ups Windows changed settings of my microphone and I had to do the trouble shooting of Windows and it fixed it. Even though all settings were correct I had this problem. Some Audio driver of Windows changed itself.

Maybe try this out?

Nope. Running troubleshooting didn´t helped and as I said, I tried using Linux and multiple driver versions.

fix1.png

16 minutes ago, MrPoop said:

Hello everyone!

My friends were angry that I am using a webcam microphone (because it is really unusable), so I decided to buy a some great one. Based on some reviews I choosed a kit with nw700 and power supply nw100. The problem is that it is really quiet and really noisy. I don´t know what can cause this problem. I can kinda remove the noise in recording with audacity, but I want to use it mainly for gaming so my friends can have decent experience.

Here is a preview and my settings.

Does anyone have any idea why is the noise so noticeable? My motherboard is ASUS Prime B250 Pro (just in case it´s onboard soundcard has something to do with it). I tried all kinds of things (multiple settings of gain and levels, driver versions and linux), but nothing helped and I am starting to be kinda sad because I thought it´s gonna be a great mic. I double checked all connections and they are right. The power supply should be working (blue led).

Thank you for your ideas.

probably a faulty mic tbh, send it back and get a replacement, send them your video as proof. 

11 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

probably a faulty mic tbh, send it back and get a replacement, send them your video as proof. 

Do you really think it is faulty? Getting money back from eBay will be kinda a problem even if they accept returns...

2 minutes ago, MrPoop said:

Do you really think it is faulty? Getting money back from eBay will be kinda a problem even if they accept returns...

ebay and paypal always side with the buyer, if you only buy that's a positive but if you sell stuff like my ex does it becomes a major issue. Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

ebay and paypal always side with the buyer, if you only buy that's a positive but if you sell stuff like my ex does it becomes a major issue. Hope that helps.

I am probably going to contact the seller and ask them  what they think about it.

16 minutes ago, MrPoop said:

I am probably going to contact the seller and ask them  what they think about it.

lol no problem, expect a lot of excuses, its rare they will offer you a replacement out right.