Got Amazon Alexa? Amazon employees can 'easily' discover your home address

Hold on... people voluntarily bug their homes and then expect privacy?!

without sugar coating it. Alexa is an Amazon Product that is likely shipped from Amazon to your house.

You plug in the Microphone for Alexa to listen to all your conversations and send them to Amazon.

Of which they already had your address to send Alexa to you.

These same people didn't care that Amazon had a microphone in their house listen to them why would they care if some Employee's could get their address as well?

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

Does anyone actually have network traffic logs of an Echo device constantly sending out data? There's more than enough of us able to monitor and record network traffic, surely someone would have found something by now. Considering the Alexa service is open for developers to use with their own hardware, working out how much data it uses on average for sending voice data wouldn't be too hard.

I don't have one by the way, not got a single use for it.

just name your child Alexa, and put her in a corner with an iPad, and pringles. Instant answers from a five-year-old, comes with built-in humor, and anti-amazon chips.

Uhm... you guys know that when you order something from Amazon to your house you're giving them your address, right?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Uhm... you guys know that when you order something from Amazon to your house you're giving them your address, right?

That has been mentioned several times already.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

17 hours ago, CUDAcores89 said:

if you care about privacy, abandon your life of technology and become an amish.

Even than, Google Maps Satellite view will find you ?

MSI GT62VR Laptop  // i7-6700HQ & GTX1070 & 16GB RAM//

Studying Software Information Technology at Hungary. 

12 minutes ago, PeterT said:

Even than, Google Maps Satellite view will find you ?

No, it won't, unless you already have the address.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Team members with access to Alexa users’ geographic coordinates can easily type them into third-party mapping software and find home residences,

Well yeah, that makes sense.  It's linked to your Amazon account after all.  I guess I don't consider this news, seems like more media fear mongering... 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

On 4/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, myselfolli said:

I don't trust any device I didn't set up myself, all my smart home devices are raspberry pi's with open source programs running on them

100% agree. This is exactly what I plan on doing when I move into my new house soon. Amazon and Google won't be tracking me. I have already made a few things with raspberry pis, but would you be able to share (or DM me) some sites you use that would be good to get some of these open source home automation programs from? I've only recently started searching around and I'd greatly appreciate it :D 

...kthanksbye!

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

This is nothing but pure fear mongering...

Fun fact: any Amazon customer support agent can view your address and there's WAAAAAAAY more customer support agents than there is people training Alexa.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

THROW AWAY YOUR HOME! Criminals can steal from you that way!!!!!!!

About sums up this headline in a nutshell.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 4/25/2019 at 5:56 AM, Delicieuxz said:

And the US government all the governments wants all the personal data on people that exists.

FTFY

My Rig:

-i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz, delid

-ASRock Z270-ITX/ac mobo 

-16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V @ 3000Mhz

-RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+

-240 AIO, Celsius S24

-Crucial MX300 525GB, 2TB HDD

-Fractal Design Define Nano S

-650 80+ Gold semi modular from EVGA

-1080p 75Hz dell monitor

On 4/25/2019 at 7:54 AM, Arika S said:

sorry i have to point something out here.

YOU GIVE YOUR ADDRESS TO AMAZON TO SHIP SHIT TO YOU.

Came here to say that. Seriously.

The people that complain about privacy are also the same people that tweet "Dropped a giant deuce, today. Almost clogged the toilet." and "Here's every meal I've eaten for the past month." Privacy is only as good as what you put out there. And worse comes to worse whoever's listening to the Google Home Mini in my bedroom might vomit listening to how often I like to get dirty with my wife.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

LTT Forums really needs a "Beating a Dead Horse" emoji.

Jeannie