TV on your PC

zxcvbnmmssdh

Does anybody know of a way to have TV coming from a cable box to your computer. I want to be able to watch the channels we have with our TV plan and DVR stuff to my computer HDD. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, I didn't know where else it would go.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

If you take a HDMI out and then have a HDMI in and then record that you can back up files to your PC.

Quote me to get a reply!

If you take a HDMI out and then have a HDMI in and then record that you can back up files to your PC.

Not just back up, but like straight to it.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

What TV signal are you receiving?

DVB-C(2) DVB-T(2), or DVB-S(2) ?

It is ATT Uverse in Atlanta, GA. I can't check tonight because I am not there. I will check tomorrow.

It is ATT Uverse in Atlanta, GA. I can't check tonight because I am not there. I will check tomorrow.

Is it through cable, a satilite, or through an antenna?

Is it through cable, a satilite, or through an antenna?

Cable

• 2 weeks later...
Does anybody know of a way to have TV coming from a cable box to your computer. I want to be able to watch the channels we have with our TV plan and DVR stuff to my computer HDD. Thanks.

U can get a tv app

apple.com

Assuming your service supports this...

Cable > TVTuner w/cablecard > PC > WMC

Edit: It doesn't appear to.

My provider supplies us with a VLC playlists which streams tv to us over the internet, though you have to be on your providers network.. going to a friends house who has a diffrent provider will not work.

The mobile tv app does work though on any network with the registration username and password they give you

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

• 2 weeks later...

hmm good thread ,i wonder if my Foxtel box can send to my pc ...have to check it out ...

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w