New Ryzen 2600 build... Won't post

TheCT

So I built a new pc and all was going well till I tried the stressful first boot! 

Let me start off by naming the specs. I bought a used Asus b-350 plus off ebay. A new Ryzen 2600. New 16GB Gskill DDR4 Memory. My old Pc's 500GB Sandisk SSD and a 2TB HDD. GTX 980 Strix. Also a Cooler master 600w Bronze PSU. 

I will note the things I know that work, the storage drives and GPU are out of my old pc and work fine. Everything else is new to this system.

My issue is that the PC will acknowledge the power button and everything lights up and fans come on(I even hear my hdd spin up). But my motherboard blinks its red leds real slowly and none of my peripherals get any power, nor does it display anything on my monitor. Please help, I think the motherboard might not have the update for my ryzen 2 processor but i'm not completely sure, and I don't really want to go buy an older ryzen cpu just to update my bios.... Thanks 

Use your old PC and put 1 piece at a time in until it stops booting

My life

3 minutes ago, TheCT said:

So I built a new pc and all was going well till I tried the stressful first boot! 

Let me start off by naming the specs. I bought a used Asus b-350 plus off ebay. A new Ryzen 2600. New 16GB Gskill DDR4 Memory. My old Pc's 500GB Sandisk SSD and a 2TB HDD. GTX 980 Strix. Also a Cooler master 600w Bronze PSU. 

I will note the things I know that work, the storage drives and GPU are out of my old pc and work fine. Everything else is new to this system.

My issue is that the PC will acknowledge the power button and everything lights up and fans come on(I even hear my hdd spin up). But my motherboard blinks its red leds real slowly and none of my peripherals get any power, nor does it display anything on my monitor. Please help, I think the motherboard might not have the update for my ryzen 2 processor but i'm not completely sure, and I don't really want to go buy an older ryzen cpu just to update my bios.... Thanks 

Will it even post to the mobo homepage or does it just shut off after powering up for a moment?

Being the b350 mobo it is almost certain that it needs a bios update to run the newer ryzen processors there has been many bios updates to the b350 platforms I have a b350 and ryzen 1600 and have had to update at least 3-4 times in the couple years iv owned this pc.

Just now, Himommies said:

Use your old PC and put 1 piece at a time in until it stops booting

Well I would but my old pc used an old xeon... So it has ddr3 vs ddr4 and an old intel cpu vs my new ryzen :(

Asus b-350

Ryzen 2600

I think the motherboard might not have the update for my ryzen 2 processor

ur probablky right...

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

Will it even post to the mobo homepage or does it just shut off after powering up for a moment

No nothing displays, but the computer seems to be on just with the flashing light and all fans spinning. even the vrms on the mobo are warm to the touch

The mobo even flashes with it powered off. Is that normal?

2 minutes ago, TheCT said:

No nothing displays, but the computer seems to be on just with the flashing light and all fans spinning. even the vrms on the mobo are warm to the touch

I hate to say it but it probably needs a bios update... 

There might be some way to work around it but I am unsure on this do some googles searches and you might find something 

Just now, TheCT said:

I might have a stationary led on the board that stays lit up without it being on my wifes gtx 970 strix has a constant white led on the side

Here check this out:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

AMD will loan you a shitty processor to do your update with not the easiest solution but at least you dont got to shell out 100's $$$ on a first gen processor

1 minute ago, Tz000 said:

This.

Do their Short Term Processor Loan if you're able.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

Yeah I think I'll ask for a boot kit and see if that fixes my problem

Thats about your only option also ensure your memory is installed in the correct slots if only using dual channel.  Also check out your ppower cables re seat everything make sure you are using ONLY the cables that came WITH your PSU sometimes aftermarket cables etc can have different pin placements.. make sure your cpu cooler/fan is plugged into the correct CPU fan slots on the mobo.

You could also phone a friend with a first gen ryzen processor ORRR go to a local computer repair store and see if they have a processor you could use or have them update your bios for you but this option might cost a bit of coin.

2 minutes ago, Tz000 said:

Thats about your only option also ensure your memory is installed in the correct slots if only using dual channel.  Also check out your ppower cables re seat everything make sure you are using ONLY the cables that came WITH your PSU sometimes aftermarket cables etc can have different pin placements.. make sure your cpu cooler/fan is plugged into the correct CPU fan slots on the mobo.

You could also phone a friend with a first gen ryzen processor ORRR go to a local computer repair store and see if they have a processor you could use or have them update your bios for you but this option might cost a bit of coin.

I'll give it all a try with a loaner cpu as my last resort, Thanks.