what is dynamic range audio in gaming and whis option is best for headphone ?

sohail14

in game audio settings like resident evil 2 remake there are small dynamin and large dynamic what is that ? and which one i select for my headphone to get best experience 

spec

hyperx cloud alpha

playing with dolby atmos for headphone 

Small Dynamic Range in RE is uncompressed and Large is compressed it's reversed compared to other gems

Ideally stick with small

My life

Dynamic range is the difference between the quietest and the loudest sound in a given setup. Meaning high dynamic range gives you a wider spectrum od volume. Some  HDR audio technologies will make quiter sounds quiter when a louder sound occurs making you focus on the sounds like fun shots explosions leading to a more immersive experience. But HDR audio may or may not be beneficial in competitive games but are cool in single player games or simulators.

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Dynamic range is the difference between the quietest and the loudest sound in a given setup. Meaning high dynamic range gives you a wider spectrum od volume. Some  HDR audio technologies will make quiter sounds quiter when a louder sound occurs making you focus on the sounds like fun shots explosions leading to a more immersive experience. But HDR audio may or may not be beneficial in competitive games but are cool in single player games or simulators.

i play mostly single player games , large dynamic range gives better quality experieance ?

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Small Dynamic Range in RE is uncompressed and Large is compressed it's reversed compared to other gems

Ideally stick with small

wait smal dynamic is uncompressed ? 

Just now, sohail14 said:

wait smal dynamic is uncompressed ? 

Im not sure if it's fixed but yea thats what it was when I played

My life

5 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

i play mostly single player games , large dynamic range gives better quality experieance ?

That depends on you experience is all subjective I like a high dinamic range in my single player games. Where I want explosions and gunshots to be blasting my ears. It's cool in res evil as it should make your gunshots feel like they have more impact.

But according to the other guy re gets negatively impacted by HDR audio. So I wouldn't change it if that's the case

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

But according to the other guy re gets negatively impacted by HDR audio. So I wouldn't change it if that's the case

high dynamic is nature or low dynamic is nature ?

In general, low dynamic range can make your sense of distance and direction worse. So I would stick with high dynamic range.

34 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

high dynamic is nature or low dynamic is nature ?

I don't understand what you are asking here?

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I don't understand what you are asking here?

i mean which is realism ?