Can't Get Into BIOS And Windows

Go to solution Solved by Benjeh,
31 minutes ago, MeowingLego said:

Hi, I have a problem with my Asus Prime Pro X470 and Ryzen R7 2700 where when I try and access the BIOS when rebooting / booting, it will either just freeze or wont let me boot at all.  It will just sit at the screen that says, “please press delete or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings.”  It will then take hours of rebooting to try and get it to boot to windows.  It has only happened twice but in total, both of those times have taken about 10 hours of troubleshooting to try and fix.  I don't know why it happens or how to fix it since it just starts to work randomly.  I have accessed the BIOS before perfectly fine and did some overclocking but when it froze up the first time I just let it stay at stock since it reset all my profiles and settings.  Last time it happened (4/19/19) I was able to get into the BIOS after waiting about an hour in that screen, but it was running at a low FPS and was quite late to respond to input.

Things I have tried:
1. Repeatedly turning the system on and letting try and get into Windows
2. Repeatedly turning the system on and trying to get into the BIOS
3. Turning it on and then cutting the power to try and get it into the power safe mode thing that makes you go into the BIOS when there is a change to hardware / abrupt loss of power
4. Reseating the CPU
5. Rotating the RAM
6. Unplugging and replugging the GPU in
7. Clearing CMOS
8. Taking the CMOS battery out and then in again
9. Letting it sit for hours without power to drain the capacitors
10. Letting it sit and try and boot to windows for many hours

I really have no clue what to do now and I want to overclock my CPU and RAM.

Ok when you overclocked the cpu originally you probably didn;t give it enough voltage and the freeze was a result of this. To return the bios back to factory, shut everything down, flick the psu switch to off, hold down the power button for 5 secs, remove the cmos, now hold down the power again for 15 secs or so. all this done with the psu plugged into the wall so it is earthed and will drain capacitors. put the battery back in etc.

Now when you boot up for the first time, it will take a little longer than usual to post, be patient, there will be a setup message after the bios logo has gone off, you should be able to go into your bios and set the basic stuff up.

If you still can't get into the bios then I suggest getting your motherboard manual and reading how to do a bios flash from usb pendrive to the latest bios, this should get rid of a corrupt bios or incompatible bios issue. you could get into your bios before so i doubt you have damaged anything overclocking, the only way you can damage a board overclocking is if you go silly with high voltages beyond maximum recommended ones.

Hi, I have a problem with my Asus Prime Pro X470 and Ryzen R7 2700 where when I try and access the BIOS when rebooting / booting, it will either just freeze or wont let me boot at all.  It will just sit at the screen that says, “please press delete or F2 to enter UEFI BIOS settings.”  It will then take hours of rebooting to try and get it to boot to windows.  It has only happened twice but in total, both of those times have taken about 10 hours of troubleshooting to try and fix.  I don't know why it happens or how to fix it since it just starts to work randomly.  I have accessed the BIOS before perfectly fine and did some overclocking but when it froze up the first time I just let it stay at stock since it reset all my profiles and settings.  Last time it happened (4/19/19) I was able to get into the BIOS after waiting about an hour in that screen, but it was running at a low FPS and was quite late to respond to input.

Things I have tried:
3. Turning it on and then cutting the power to try and get it into the power safe mode thing that makes you go into the BIOS when there is a change to hardware / abrupt loss of power
4. Reseating the CPU
5. Rotating the RAM
7. Clearing CMOS

31 minutes ago, MeowingLego said:

Things I have tried:
4. Reseating the CPU
5. Rotating the RAM
7. Clearing CMOS

Ok when you overclocked the cpu originally you probably didn;t give it enough voltage and the freeze was a result of this. To return the bios back to factory, shut everything down, flick the psu switch to off, hold down the power button for 5 secs, remove the cmos, now hold down the power again for 15 secs or so. all this done with the psu plugged into the wall so it is earthed and will drain capacitors. put the battery back in etc.

Now when you boot up for the first time, it will take a little longer than usual to post, be patient, there will be a setup message after the bios logo has gone off, you should be able to go into your bios and set the basic stuff up.

If you still can't get into the bios then I suggest getting your motherboard manual and reading how to do a bios flash from usb pendrive to the latest bios, this should get rid of a corrupt bios or incompatible bios issue. you could get into your bios before so i doubt you have damaged anything overclocking, the only way you can damage a board overclocking is if you go silly with high voltages beyond maximum recommended ones.

46 minutes ago, Benjeh said:

Thanks, resetting the BIOS to factory defaults worked!

1 minute ago, MeowingLego said:

Thanks, resetting the BIOS to factory defaults worked!

Whenever you start to overclock do it gradually, don't brute force it. You will learn what your system does to show instabiltiy, programs will act weird, fps in games won't be consistant and so on, you need to run stress tests in order to find out if you are stable.

An example is as such, my cpu will boot and run at 4.8ghz, but some of my programs like speedfan start throwing errors, it won't read the temp sensors correctly and the fps in games is a bit rubbish then out of nowhere it will bluescreen giving me a memory error, 2 bumps of voltage later, she's fine. just be patient and take your time, overclocking requires a lot of trial and error and a bucket load of stress testing but once done, you will be rewarded. ?