Have you ever bought merch?

Nicnac

Rep that Merch?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rep that Merch?

• Yus
    • Nah

Merch is cringy especially when it's from Youtubers.

I hate people plugging their merch all the time but I actually got myself Pewds' Bitch Lasagna Merch because I fucking loved it.

Most people don't recognize it when you wear it and when they do you pretty much make instant friends lol.

Have you guys bought merch and how do you feel about it?

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

The only type of merch I've bought is of sports teams' jerseys, such as G2 Esports, Aberdeen FC, and Arsenal FC. I'll rarely wear them in public at the obvious risk of coming across an anti-stan unless I can work the above merch into my outfit for that day. I'll absolutely wear those on matchdays though.

As for YouTubers/general internet celebrities, I've not bought merch (in particular clothing) from anybody. I'm not a person who likes to wear branded things unless it's on t-shirts or shoes, so repping a YouTuber or an internet icon isn't my thing.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

The only type of merch I've bought is of sports teams' jerseys, such as G2 Esports, Aberdeen FC, and Arsenal FC. I'll rarely wear them in public at the obvious risk of coming across an anti-stan unless I can work the above merch into my outfit for that day. I'll absolutely wear those on matchdays though.

As for YouTubers/general internet celebrities, I've not bought merch (in particular clothing) from anybody. I'm not a person who likes to wear branded things unless it's on t-shirts or shoes, so repping a YouTuber or an internet icon isn't my thing.

Yea I was particularly interested in "internet culture merch" if you want. I also have a bunch of Jerseys... I especially love my 2014 Germany World Cup Jersey I think it's the best looking they made. Other than that you could also count in Uni sweaters I have accumulated from my time in the states lol...

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I bought some shirt for charity and I have an Area11 hoodie. 10/10 would buy again

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Back in 2015 I bought 3 of the LTT #first T-shirts. 

The day after mine shipped, Teespring found out that they printed them using red instead of orange.  So they sent me 3 more in the correct color for free.

I was very busy the days that the shirts arrived, so I put the unopened packages in a box with the intention of checking them out later.  I guess you know where this is heading. 

Yes indeed, they're still in that same box, unopened ...

Maybe someday after LMG disappears and their merch has become rare and valuable, I'll put them up on Ebay and use the profits to retire.

Never bought merch. But that's because I hate having any sort of logo or writing on my clothes.
I'm fine with it if it's super small, like a 1cm² logo on the hem, though. (because it's not the focus of the attention of anyone who look at you)

I dunno why, maybe it just doesn't feel right to me to essentially be a walking advertisement while paying ridiculous prices for the privilege of doing that. Or maybe I'm just crazy like that.

As for other things that aren't clothes(water bottle, etc), quite frankly, regardless of the quality it might have, for the same price, you can more often than not have a much better product from a reputable brand that will stand behind their products with a warranty. (that you can return to the store you've bought them if anything went wrong... especially a local store and not have to ship it back to lord knows where and have to wait weeks for a replacement)

I get wanting to support your favorite creators... But I'd rather just send them $5 through paypal or something. Not like their margin on that merch is that much higher.

edit : Oh right, reading the comment below, I came to realize that yes, I technically bought something... Musics. I've bought two albums and separate songs from the "LeeandLie" channel.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I buy Alison Wonderland merch. It’s pretty nice. (Both off AliExpress and the FMUOASL website) 

Only merch I buy is music merch. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

3 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Merch is cringy especially when it's from Youtubers.

I agree that merch can be a "ez money" strat from popular ppl, but it can also be VERY good.

I never bought merch, but I would buy merch that is neutral and has good quality, to help some creator and at the same time get something nice for myself.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

I have some HarshlyCritical merch. Red Means Scary and MouseLock is One Line of Code. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

The only merch I've ever bought was a sticker and license plate frame from Japanese Classics during one of their car shows. I've never really thought of buying things from youtube channels because they're usually just a waste of money (and also pretty expensive).

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

Not normally. I'm considering pulling the trigger on a Team Fortress 2 t-shirt and I wanna look into an AMD shirt sometime, but otherwise, not really.

That threadripper metal T-shirt they had looked sooo amazing.... a shame they don’t sell it. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Never

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

23 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Pewds' Bitch Lasagna Merch

I will include you in my thoughts and prayers together with the people who broke their Galaxy Fold. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

i loathe the idea of buying stuff you dont need, esp those fandom tats. yes i was one of those ppl, and i hate myself for it.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I was considering that LTT edition laptop bag they repped in one of their videos, but that's it. No merch for me

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

• 2 weeks later...

Not 100% 'youtuber' merch, but I have a fair amount of RoosterTeeth's shirts. Especially the Grapes line is very comfy and good looking.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!