FREE $19.99 Game Transistor April 18th

Paul Rudd

Transistor will be FREE as of today April 18th on the Epic Games store.

Historic low is $2.99. Historic low in 2018-2019 is $4.99. Very Positive reviews. Steam link... Transistor.

It's almost a 5 year old isometric, atmospheric, unforgettable masterpiece with a rather decent story.

Epic has continued to be Epic. To all those that fear this so-called, Chinese government, whoopty doo.

They can monitor Paul Rudd all they want to. They know where to find em'.

11 hours ago, quakeguy81 said:

It's April 18th.  Nope.  Not free yet. 

Keywords in the topic above are "will be FREE as of today April 18th". Of course it wasn't free at one o'clock in the morning. But as I mentioned, it's free now.

I've been interested in this game, but the type of game it is is one I'm not usually a fan of. Then again I tried Axiom Verge and was quite pleased with that.

Edit

Anyways, I just tried it out, and the concept for the game is really cool. I always thought it was another fast paced hack-n-slash, although I have played Supergiants previous hack-n-slash Bastion which I thoroughly enjoyed and also recommend. Transistor is a kind of merging of the genre with a sort of turn based strategy. There's zones where enemies appear and you can run around and attack them in a sort of typical manner, though your attacks are generally slow, but the game revolves around pressing spacebar and entering "Turn" mode, where the enemies freeze and you plan out your movements and attacks, all of which require varying amounts of a limited set time to perform. After you initiate the "Turn" sequence you're set on a short cool down, which I guess is basically the "run and hide" period.

The most interesting thing to me that I discovered on accident is that every attack you get is both an attack and a modifier for other attacks. At the point I'm at the game hasn't told me yet that's how it works, but it's a very intriguing concept and you can really make your moves your own. Each combination is "balanced" giving out different mod stats on other attacks. You can also shuffle these around as much as you want at modification stations.

For example, you start off with a single attack that only does 50 damage. The trade off is that it applies a 2 second stun and vulnerability to enemies. When applied to other attacks as a mod it applies a 1.6 second stun and vulnerability. So I applied it to the dash move which otherwise does nothing. So now when I dash through enemies it stuns them and they take more damage, and if I get behind them there's a further backstab damage bonus.

The only thing I don't like roughly 20 minutes in is that when you acquire new attacks you don't know what they are or what they do until you hit a modification station. Although since the game limits you to 4 attacks at any given time it only leaves you a bit confused at the start.

#Muricaparrotgang