Order to Watch MCU leading up to Endgame

RobFRaschke

I know this has been beaten to death by various Op-Ed articles online, but I found most of them don't have the same order that I've come up with, so I thought it could be fun to open a discussion on it, since we're down to abotu 10 days out from Endgame, and I should *just* be able to sneak them in if I let them play in the background while I do other things after work. So here we go, my preferred order:

Captain America: The First Avenger

Captain Marvel

Iron Man

Iron Man 2

The Incredible Hulk

Thor

The Avengers

Iron Man 3

Captain America:The Winter Soldier

Thor: The Dark World

Guardians of the Galaxy

GotG 2

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Ant-Man

Captain America:Civil War

Spider Man Homecoming

Black Panther

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Dr. Strange

Thor: Ragnarok

Avengers: Infinity War

I try to stick mostly chronologically, with the only real hiccup being the after credits scene on Ant-Man and the Wasp which happens at the end of Infinity War, and I actually have it WAY up the list from there. My thinking here is that I like how cohesive the stories and after credits scenes are from Dr. Strange, to Ragnarok then to Infinity War, so I don't want to break them up, and I don't want anything happening with these heroes after Infinity War and before Endgame because that would hurt continuity and neither Dr. Strange or Thor Ragnarok have very specific places in the timeline, except that Ragnarok has to come after Dr. Strange and *right* before Infinity War, so it doesn't hurt anything putting Ant-Man and the Wasp before both of them, so long as you don't watch the after credits scene from it until after Infinity War.

Thoughts?

Actually, Ant man and the wasp and infinity war occur at the same time. the post credit scene for Ant man and the wasp you see people vanishing from the snap.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

Yeah the only change I would make is bump ant man 2 to right before Infinity War, since that movie basically happens at the same time as IW. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

That's part of what makes this so tough. They do take place at roughly the same time, though from context clues, they're working on that project(trying to reduce spoilers) for longer than the entire time span of Infinity War, and there's no real indication of how long elapses between the end of Ant Man and the Wasp and the post credits scene, but there's no way that van was put together overnight, so there could be a relatively small time gap there as well. 

But really, I just put Dr. Strange, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War together because they directly feed into each other in a very linear way that seldom happens elsewhere. The post credits scene for Dr. Strange feeds straight into Ragnarok, at the end of which, Thanos' ship appears. I know I already threw out Post Credits scenes with Captain Marvel and with The Incredible Hulk as being the primary factor for an order, but those are more like teases(as are most others) than we get in Dr. Strange and Ragnarok. Those are more like the first scene of the next movie than just a teaser.