New PC build freezes after 10 mins

Snowman213

Freezes after about 10 mins and longest run time was 45 mins.

Gigabyte X470 Arous gaming 5 WiFi 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Red Dragon Vega 56

2x16 Ripjaws V DDR4 3000

Samsung Pro 970

Thermaltake 750w full modular

NZXT H700

After installing windows 10 Pro I noticed there were windows updates that still needed to be installed. Once done and PC restarts it says they failed. Not sure if this has anything to do with freezes. Also I didn’t get a disk drive so I wasn’t able to install the drivers from disks. Are they any big drivers that I may have over looked that could be causing these freezes? Thanks everyone for the help!

So it freezes and you cant move your mouse or use any keys right ?  This is tricky because its not a black screen or a BSOD or a restart.

Have you tried going into BIOS and set everything to optimal defaults, also don't overclock the video card either. 

Can you tell us your GPU and CPU temps on idle and on full load.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Did it work fine, before the updates you installed?

Also, check the temps of cpu AND gpu.

If all of those are fine, you should consider taking 1 ram stick out , check if the problem stays. If not? That stick is faulty, if yes, put that stick back and take the other one out.

I have not went into my BIOS, I will try this and check/ record temperatures. I will post those results after awhile.

10 minutes ago, Snowman213 said:

It froze before and after windows updates. 

You should check temps then.

If those are fine, and dont go way too high, you should do what i said about the ram sticks.

This sounds like a classic dead ram stick problem. Not to mention ever rip jaws kit ive ever owner has gone corrupt eventually. I’m amazed nobody here has suggest you try running your system with just one of your ram sticks and see what happens, then again with the other stick. 

Intel i7 7700k, EVGA 1080 FTW,  EVGA Supernova 850 g3, Corsair Vengeance, NZXT Kraken x62, Corsair Crystal 570x, Yamaha RX-V377. Klipsch Synergy2 5 channel sound system. Klipsch Synergy SubWoofer 15" 800watts

Acer H6510DB DLP projecting a 177" picture.

Temps for light work load when froze are

CPU 51*C  ( 38*C min - 63*C Max)

GPU 35*C  

total run time before freezing was 41mins and 21s.

im going to look into the ram now.

Temps for light work load when froze are

CPU 51*C  ( 38*C min - 63*C Max)

GPU 35*C  

total run time before freezing was 41mins and 21s.

I ran memory diagnostics took almost two hours and it detected no problems, so now I’m thinking it might be a windows problem. So I’m going to reinstall a fresh copy from their website.

Thanks for the help, it turns out it was a bad link for windows 10 installer.