Official EU agencies falsely report hundreds of archive.org URLs as terrorist content

Granular

Archive.org created a blog post yesterday documenting the erroneous notices to take down terrorist content they've received from various EU agencies - something they're obligated to do within 1 hour.

As they explain, complying with the requirement would necessitate removing content automatically and reviewing the takedown after the fact, which could prove disasterous, when the takedown notice is for a crucial part of the site.

At least 550 archive.org URLs were falsely identified by the EU IRU in the past week as terrorist propaganda, including:

• major collection pages (displaying millions of items), many pertaining only to material preserved and posted directly by the Internet Archive, others that include user-uploaded content,
  • scholarly articles,
  • US Government-produced broadcasts and reports,
  • User-posted materials that clearly do not fit the EU IRU notices’ description as terrorist propaganda

Inb4 EU bans reading anything that's not EU approved, classifying it as potential terrorist content. But seriously, as much as this is a reason to mock the EU, the only reason the US isn't doing similarly stupid stuff is that their tech giants spend millions bribing "lobbying" their governments.

Source

So, it begins

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

All i want for Christmas is an Italexit

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Things like this are why I laugh at people who are mad over Brexit and wanted to remain.

Like seriously, you want to stay within a larger government, over which you have no control of, and is trying to do idiotic shit like this?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, Granular said:

I would say it's a rather opaque dictatorship.

I see what you did there.

3 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Like seriously, you want to stay within a larger government, over which you have no control of, and is trying to do idiotic shit like this?

^This, initially i voted remain. But the more shady shit that EU are doing everyday has convinced me otherwise.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

4 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Things like this are why I laugh at people who are mad over Brexit and wanted to remain.

image.png.c53f85ab6ed3e01fccdcf02eb0780803.png

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

The UK has made equally stupid laws so honestly I am unsure it matters much. Let's just hope the UK leaving doesn't wreck trade between them and the EU. 

8 hours ago, Granular said:

Archive.org created a blog post yesterday documenting the erroneous notices to take down terrorist content they've received from various EU agencies - something they're obligated to do within 1 hour.

As they explain, complying with the requirement would necessitate removing content automatically and reviewing the takedown after the fact, which could prove disasterous, when the takedown notice is for a crucial part of the site.

Inb4 EU bans reading anything that's not EU approved, classifying it as potential terrorist content. But seriously, as much as this is a reason to mock the EU, the only reason the US isn't doing similarly stupid stuff is that their tech giants spend millions bribing "lobbying" their governments.

Source

I would say it's a huge assumption that the US would do the same without lobbyists. I would argue the reason the US doesn't do dumb shit like this is because we aren't bat shit crazy like the EU is with it's crazy fines for whatever they feel like. It's much easier to simply vote people out of office if citizens dont like what our representatives are doing compared to trying to the EU with politicians being from multiple different countries. 

10 hours ago, Granular said:

But seriously, as much as this is a reason to mock the EU, the only reason the US isn't doing similarly stupid stuff

No, it's because the 1st amendment means that the citizenry can tell the government to fuck right off.

5 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

image.png.c53f85ab6ed3e01fccdcf02eb0780803.png

every time I think it's satire then it's not. Surely this one is, I can't find it on twitter. 
All you have to do is scroll through it to find this shit. Either they're delusional or they're being really public about this as that's the least they can do when they're forced to do this. 

image.png.1682c8a71db08594dda65af178b1ff8c.png

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

9 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

The UK has made equally stupid laws so honestly I am unsure it matters much. Let's just hope the UK leaving doesn't wreck trade between them and the EU. 

At least the people of the UK somewhat have control over the UK government, more so than the EU government anyways.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

10 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

would say it's a huge assumption that the US would do the same without lobbyists.

Particularly when some of the bigger lobbyists are wanting the US to play follow the tyrant leader with the EU.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Chinese Government: Great Firewall was a success, nothing can keep information from out citizens like our firewall.

EU: Hold my Beer...

Inb4 Frexit 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 4/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, RejZoR said:

They'll get him convicted. They'll make shit up for as long as it takes until they bring him down through legal channels. UK is pretty much a dictator state at this point given how they are behaving for the last several years.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, Master Disaster said:

Let's ignore the contents and context of his leaks, I agree this isn't the place for that debate.

The guy leaked confidential US military documents, the US government has a legitimate claim for him to stand trial. He also did skip bail here in England which again is a legitimate reason for an arrest warrant.

As I said, I seriously doubt the UK will agree to extradite him to anywhere pending a death sentence (although to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if I was proved wrong) but you can't deny that he did commit the crime. The evidence of that is public knowledge at this point.

On 4/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, cj09beira said:

just look at the tommy Robinson "trial", and this last one where he was suing the police, your legal system is everything but just

On 4/11/2019 at 12:23 PM, cj09beira said:

if that was true, he would not have been sent to jail, and the police would have lost in the last trial 

On 4/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, suicidalfranco said:

All i want for Christmas is an Italexit

On 4/11/2019 at 10:16 AM, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Should've stayed as a free and open market, not the clear dictatorship it's becoming...

On 4/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, SlimyPython said:

EU, Why?

On 4/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, handymanshandle said:

As power-hungry as leaders get in America, Europe does that better than us.

Perhaps it's for the better that America does power grabbing worse.

On 4/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, Brooksie359 said:

I would say it's a huge assumption that the US would do the same without lobbyists. I would argue the reason the US doesn't do dumb shit like this is because we aren't bat shit crazy like the EU is with it's crazy fines for whatever they feel like. It's much easier to simply vote people out of office if citizens dont like what our representatives are doing compared to trying to the EU with politicians being from multiple different countries. 

4 hours ago, Evanair said:

Chinese Government: Great Firewall was a success, nothing can keep information from out citizens like our firewall.

EU: Hold my Beer...

try reading the article 

CORRECTION: This post previously identified the sender of the 550 falsely identified URLs as Europol’s EU Internet Referral Unit (EU IRU). The sender was in fact, the French national Internet Referral Unit, using Europol’s application, which sends the email from an @europol.europa.eu address. The EU IRU has informed us that it is not involved in the national IRUs’ assessment criteria of terrorist content.

it was the french who did this. instead of believing all the propaganda you read on Facebook or what ever why not do some actual research. the EU is not a dictatorship, it is democratic. countries VOTE in there MEPs who vote on the business  of the day and ELECT the parliament president and the commission president. 

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

26 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

try reading the article 

it was the french who did this. instead of believing all the propaganda you read on Facebook or what ever why not do some actual research. the EU is not a dictatorship, it is democratic. countries VOTE in there MEPs who vote on the business  of the day and ELECT the parliament president and the commission president. 

still want an Italexit

And the EU is anything but democratic

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

add the correction @op please. This isn't the "eu" doing this. 

CORRECTION: This post previously identified the sender of the 550 falsely identified URLs as Europol’s EU Internet Referral Unit (EU IRU). The sender was in fact, the French national Internet Referral Unit, using Europol’s application, which sends the email from an @europol.europa.eu address. The EU IRU has informed us that it is not involved in the national IRUs’ assessment criteria of terrorist content.

1 hour ago, jaggysnake57 said:

Why was I quoted in this? That quote was from an entirely different thread ?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Inb4 Frexit 

With Macron that's not exactly an impossibility.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

still want an Italexit

And the EU is anything but democratic

the facts beg to differ

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

Why was I quoted in this? That quote was from an entirely different thread ?

becasue im a twat

i was going to quote in a different thread then couldnt be arsed and forgot to cancel the multi quote

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

On 4/13/2019 at 2:57 AM, jaggysnake57 said:

try reading the article 

Doesn't matter tbh. Still doesn't change the fact that the EU is a bunch of power hungry morons.