psu with high quality cables

PizzaJailer

I'm looking for a 650w PSU to use in my dark/RGB build. I'm looking for a PSU with high quality cables because I'd rather not drop an additional $100 on cablemod ones. For example the cables on the RMX white are individually braided while on the RMX black they are braided in groups with plastic ends. I am looking for a PSU with cables similar to the RMX white, but in black.

-CP-9020155-NA-Gallery-RM750x-WHT-07.png-CP-9020092-NA-Gallery-RMx-750-07.png

Being completely honest your best bet would indeed be cablemod.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Being completely honest your best bet would indeed be cablemod.

i can't even find one that does.

I've looked at rmx, p2, g2, pure power 11, dark power 11 pro, rmi, straight power 11, ax (old), hx (new), v-series, whisper m, formula, focus, focus plus, prime ultra, t2, axi and a couple others

some are sleeved, but as a whole

7 minutes ago, RenaW said:

Silent Base 801

ok you have tons of room  so get the extensions and something like this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438059&Description=evga powersupply&cm_re=evga_powersupply-_-17-438-059-_-Product

you will save yourself a bunch of money just getting the extensions. 

Avoid extensions. The whole point of having a fully modular PSU is so you can avoid them. They add resistance and an additional point of failure. 

The only PSU I can think of that comes with black individually sleeved braided cables is the Corsair SF Platinum. Though I recommend getting a different PSU instead, since you can fit an ATX PSU. 

What are you powering? Since you want to save $100, you probably don't actually need a 650W PSU. 

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Avoid extensions. The whole point of having a fully modular PSU is so you can avoid them. They add resistance and an additional point of failure. 

The only PSU I can think of that comes with black individually sleeved braided cables is the Corsair SF Platinum. Though I recommend getting a different PSU instead, since you can fit an ATX PSU. 

What are you powering? Since you want to save $100, you probably don't actually need a 650W PSU. 

9700K & 2080

Thats a shame there isn't a PSU with good cables. Are extensions really that bad? They seem like a cheap decent looking option.

1 hour ago, RenaW said:

Thats a shame there isn't a PSU with good cables. Are extensions really that bad? They seem like a cheap decent looking option.

Who said there isn't PSU with good cables? High end PSUs tend to have good cables. 

Fancy does not equal good

14 hours ago, ELSknutson said:

ok you have tons of room  so get the extensions and something like this https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438059&Description=evga powersupply&cm_re=evga_powersupply-_-17-438-059-_-Product

you will save yourself a bunch of money just getting the extensions. 

Terrible suggestion is terrible. 

Not only do you suggest to overpay for meh PSU, but you also suggest to make meh PSU into even more of meh PSU by going with extensions...

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

6 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

ake meh

7 hours ago, RenaW said:

And they are I have been using extensions for years with little to no issues. 

6 hours ago, Quadriplegic said:

Who said there isn't PSU with good cables? High end PSUs tend to have good cables. 

Fancy does not equal good

Terrible suggestion is terrible. 

Not only do you suggest to overpay for meh PSU, but you also suggest to make meh PSU into even more of meh PSU by going with extensions...

Not only did you reply with a meh post but also replied with no meh better suggestion.  And since when is an evga gold rated PSU a meh.  Additionally I am merely suggesting that they dont go out and buy a $200.00 PSU just to have sleeved cables for it 

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

Not only did you reply with a meh post but also replied with no meh better suggestion.  And since when is an evga gold rated PSU a meh.  Additionally I am merely suggesting that they dont go out and buy a $200.00 PSU just to have sleeved cables for it 

GQ isn't all that great, its price tag makes it even worse suggestion. You can get Bitfenix Whisper M for same price, which is much better unit and uses Corsair Type 4 cables (if I remember right), so there are lot of aftermarket options.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

1 minute ago, Quadriplegic said:

GQ isn't all that great, its price tag makes it even worse suggestion. You can get Bitfenix Whisper M for same price, which is much better unit and uses Corsair Type 4 cables (if I remember right), so there are lot of aftermarket options.

Ok link it and be helpful instead of being negative. 

3 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Ok link it and be helpful instead of being negative. 

Because 10 seconds search takes so much effort...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGRZ79X0632&Description=bitfenix whisper m&cm_re=bitfenix_whisper_m-_-9SIAGRZ79X0632-_-Product

Point is, extensions definitely have downsides to them. So if you plan to keep the system for long time, it's better to go with custom cables. It's pretty much a luxury option in the first place, so might as well just save bit longer.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

2 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Because 10 seconds search takes so much effort...

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAGRZ79X0632&Description=bitfenix whisper m&cm_re=bitfenix_whisper_m-_-9SIAGRZ79X0632-_-Product

Point is, extensions definitely have downsides to them. So if you plan to keep the system for long time, it's better to go with custom cables. It's pretty much a luxury option in the first place, so might as well just save bit longer.

Thank you. 

12 hours ago, RenaW said:

Yes.  That bad.

"Cheap" and "quality" rarely have an intersect in a Venn diagram.