I need a new mouse

AccentFlame

Hi so I've had my mouse for around 5 years now and its starting to break down, the scroll wheel is about to stop working and it is just old. I want a new mouse but I don't know what to get so if you have any ideas for me that would be great I don't care what company as long as it is wireless and is good

Logitech G703. Lies well in the hand, excellent wireless (used by many pro players).

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

The logitech G703 is a great mouse.

If for some reason that's not what you're looking for I'd recommend an ASUS Cerberus mouse. It's slightly larger than standard, is wired, and has DPI settings on the unit. It fits my hand super super well and I really like it (I have larger than average hands). I also didn't want wireless due to the possibility of interference and the occasional loss of power.

23 minutes ago, AccentFlame said:

Hi so I've had my mouse for around 5 years now and its starting to break down, the scroll wheel is about to stop working and it is just old. I want a new mouse but I don't know what to get so if you have any ideas for me that would be great I don't care what company as long as it is wireless and is good

I personally really like the Logitech G502 (which ever version), has enough buttons, can go to quite high DPI, feel in the hand is amazing, high quality cable which is long enough so you can easily reach your desktop if it's below your desk

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

Logitech G703, if your looking for wireless.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

If gaming isn't your main focus, give MX Master 2S a look. I'm loving my original MX Master, but the specs are pretty basic compared to something like that G703 that's getting a lot of praise.

Am I the only one rocking a Corsair mouse? I have the M65 Pro RGB, it's pretty cheap, feels nice but comes pretty heavy. The weights are adjustable though. I just prefer mine heavier.

First Build - Ryzen 3 2200G, ASRock B450M Pro 4, MSI Gaming X GTX 1660, G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB DDR4-3000, MyDigitalSSD BPX 256 GB M.2 SSD, WD Caviar Blue 640 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Corsair Air 240, Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Semi, MSI Optix MAG24MVC, Sunsonny S-J5, Corsair M65 Pro

I've been looking at reviews on a few mice's that you have posted here and all seemed decent but I ran across a mouse from SteelSeries, its called Rival 650 for the wireless and Rival 600 for the wired one I don't know if they are good or not anyone have this mouse or has tried it I like it and CPI from what I know is better tracking then DPI but that's just from googling Difference from DPI and CPI

4 hours ago, AccentFlame said:

Works with all mice, really, not just gaming. 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

7 hours ago, AccentFlame said:

If you get some free time, go to your local retailer or a tradeshow, and put your hand on some different mice to see how they feel.  Everyone can recommend mice all day, but if it's not comfortable, chances are you won't keep it very long.  Do you have any specific features or budget you are looking for?  There are currently two Corsair wireless mice you can look at, Harpoon Wireless and Dark Core.  Depending on what you are looking for, I can provide suggestion on which might be better suited feature wise.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

3dConnexion Cadmouse. It kicks ass.

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/cadmouse.html

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

12 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

If you get some free time, go to your local retailer or a tradeshow, and put your hand on some different mice to see how they feel.  Everyone can recommend mice all day, but if it's not comfortable, chances are you won't keep it very long.  Do you have any specific features or budget you are looking for?  There are currently two Corsair wireless mice you can look at, Harpoon Wireless and Dark Core.  Depending on what you are looking for, I can provide suggestion on which might be better suited feature wise.

Ye I've got large hands and I went around 2 weeks ago to buy a new keyboard and I went looking for mice as well and I saw the Dark Core I liked the shape of it might got this weekend looking for a mouse. Thanks to everyone that commented here it helped alot

5 hours ago, AccentFlame said:

Ye I've got large hands and I went around 2 weeks ago to buy a new keyboard and I went looking for mice as well and I saw the Dark Core I liked the shape of it might got this weekend looking for a mouse. Thanks to everyone that commented here it helped alot

Dark Core for me is a very comfortable mouse as well.  For daily use at the office, I use the wireless dongle while I'm at my desk, then switch to Bluetooth and use it with my laptop for meetings which is pretty convenient.  With the SE model, I just put it on my MM1000 Qi spot to charge it overnight so its ready to use the next day.  Unless there is a new firmware update, pretty much never plug in the cable.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

The Dark Core looks very nice, the other night my left click started messing up on my Corsair Glaive and now when I click it either doesn't or get's stuck clicking. I'm debating on upgrading to the Darkcore or just buying another Glaive, I love the Glaive I've used it since they came out in 2017, @Corsair Nick I'm not really a big fan of wireless mice, is the Dark Core worth the upgrade over the Glaive?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Worth would be preferential and dependent on how much you value cutting the wire.  Performance wise, Dark Core is on par with wired mice since it is capable of the same 1ms response time wired or wireless.  Not sure if you have put your hand on Dark Core yet, but I would try it out before making a decision.

On a separate note, there are a couple things you can do with your Glaive.  Under settings in iCUE, you can adjust the click optimization to a different setting.  If that doesn't help, you can have the unit replaced through warranty.  Submit a ticket through the link below, and one of our technical support reps can help you out from there:

@Corsair Nick I haven't used it before no but they have it on display at my local Best Buy, I'll definitely check it out. And I'll look into sending my Glaive in for replacement. Thanks for the info!

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

No problem, feel free to let me know if you run into any issues or have other questions.