Crazy Motherboard won't load OS

Hey All,

I've recently had an MSI 990FXA-GD80 motherboard given to me (friend updated his system). The motherboard posts fine and will sit in the bios for as long as you leave it, The crazy thing will also get 100% through installation of Windows (7 or 10) but as soon as the computer tries to boot to the OS (after installation) the system immediately blue screens and gives me the error "whea uncorrectable error".

I have no idea what is causing it and I have even tried to load up a live USB of Ubuntu to see if I could get anything that way. It's absolutely crazy.

Current CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 1045T. Please help?

Thanks all.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

17 minutes ago, Sephiroth720 said:

Please help?

Run Memtest86+ as first step. If it doesn't show up any errors, reduce CPU and RAM speeds and try again. If still nothing, try reducing them some more, maybe disabling some cores on the CPU as well.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Thanks very much, WereCatf. It turned out that the AMD Turbo needed to be turned off. It's booting correctly now. Would this impact my CPU performance at all? Because I thought this CPU had turbo... I could be wrong though.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm AIO | Gigabyte Aorus M B450 Motherboard | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3000mhz  | Samsung 860 Pro 2TB | MSi Geforce RTX 2060 Super Gaming X 8GB | BeQuiet PurePower 11 700W |

2 hours ago, Sephiroth720 said:

Thanks very much, WereCatf. It turned out that the AMD Turbo needed to be turned off. It's booting correctly now. Would this impact my CPU performance at all? Because I thought this CPU had turbo... I could be wrong though.

I just checked and yes, it does have turbo. Obviously, you're losing performance with turbo disabled, so it'd be a good idea to fiddle some more with BIOS-settings at some point, maybe e.g. increasing vcore a little.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:21 PM, WereCatf said:

I just checked and yes, it does have turbo. Obviously, you're losing performance with turbo disabled, so it'd be a good idea to fiddle some more with BIOS-settings at some point, maybe e.g. increasing vcore a little.

I would love to but I'm going to be honest here... I have no overclocking experience whatsoever. I have no idea what the safe voltages and really don't want to damage the CPU because I believe I should still be able to build a fairly decent PC out of it. If anyone has any time at all to help run me through the process... I'd really appreciate it. In fact, I wouldn't mind using this PC as my first "over-clocked" rig if anyone is willing to teach me. 

Motherboard: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/990FXA-GD80/Specification

Thanks ?