CPU idling at 90-100 C

Bullet4Justice
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

Remount your cooler, make sure to use adequate thermal paste 

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Remount your cooler, make sure to use adequate thermal paste 

That's what I'm thinking of doing, although the screws are Mounted really well there seems to be a little bit of a wiggle with the Dark pro 4. 

Just now, Bullet4Justice said:

That's what I'm thinking of doing, although the screws are Mounted really well there seems to be a little bit of a wiggle with the Dark pro 4. 

So you probably didnt mount it right, just take it back off, reapply thermal paste and give it another try

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I also say reapply. Clean everything carefully with a good solvent like isopropyl alcohol and a cloth that won't shed.

With that processor you should use the pea method or the line method to apply thermal compound.

If you apply using the pea method (my personal favorite for a chip that size) you should use a ball of compound about the size of the same diameter as the capacitor heads near the CPU socket. I recommend arctic silver 5 but anything will do really.

Remount cooler after doing this. Make sure it's mounted snugly.

Did you peel off the plastic from the base of the cooler?

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow