Corsair h100i high temperatures at Idle

Specs:

Intel i7 6700k OC to 4.4 Ghz with Corsair h100i V2 water cooling

GeForce GTX 1070 MSI Sea Hawk (Hybrid water cool/closed case)

MSI motherboard

Hello,

My CPU temps are running extremely high recently, it just started after around 3 years of having this PC. I am assuming that it is thermal paste, I will try to replace it soon. The temps are around 50 degrees at idle and when I open any kind of application (namely just CSGO) they rapidly shoot up to 80-90 degrees and I am afraid to do anything on it. This has been resulting in my PC crashing before I realized my temps were the problem. I'm leaving a picture of my PC and airflow chart. If you can see anything really wrong please tell me. Fan speeds on extreme doesn't help it. Usually around 2700 rpm for the fans on the rad and 3000 on the pump. What do you think is causing this?

PC Airflow: 

0.jpg

35 minutes ago, 111362_1454180197 said:

Specs:

Intel i7 6700k OC to 4.4 Ghz with Corsair h100i V2 water cooling

GeForce GTX 1070 MSI Sea Hawk (Hybrid water cool/closed case)

MSI motherboard

Hello,

My CPU temps are running extremely high recently, it just started after around 3 years of having this PC. I am assuming that it is thermal paste, I will try to replace it soon. The temps are around 50 degrees at idle and when I open any kind of application (namely just CSGO) they rapidly shoot up to 80-90 degrees and I am afraid to do anything on it. This has been resulting in my PC crashing before I realized my temps were the problem. I'm leaving a picture of my PC and airflow chart. If you can see anything really wrong please tell me. Fan speeds on extreme doesn't help it. Usually around 2700 rpm for the fans on the rad and 3000 on the pump. What do you think is causing this?

PC Airflow: 

0.jpg

My first question would be, is the thermal paste still good? have you check it, if not, start with that. If you think it's not good anymore, remove what's still on there and apply new thermal paste. Other then that, is the pump still active? You should not be getting those temps no matter what (if all is well)

Edit: I'm a bad reader, I know you mentioned the thermal paste in the first line. Just noticed this now ?

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

1 minute ago, Dioneyesos said:

My first question would be, is the thermal paste still good? have you check it, if not, start with that. If you think it's not good anymore, remove what's still on there and apply new thermal paste. Other then that, is the pump still active? You should not be getting those temps no matter what (if all is well)

I checked the thermal paste, it seemed very thin and dry. I hope this is it, and the pump is working (according to corsair link anyways), as well as the fans. If replacing the thermal paste does not work, I will probably try and get corsair to send me a new one. 

1 minute ago, 111362_1454180197 said:

I checked the thermal paste, it seemed very thin and dry. I hope this is it, and the pump is working (according to corsair link anyways), as well as the fans. If replacing the thermal paste does not work, I will probably try and get corsair to send me a new one. 

You can check if the pump is running, just lightly touch it and you should feel vibrations. Also if the radiator is full of junk or the waterblock itself, cooling obviously will stuck too. And this should get fixed by corsair if they cover this. And it probably depends on your warranty as well...

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

Just now, Dioneyesos said:

You can check if the pump is running, just lightly touch it and you should feel vibrations. Also if the radiator is full of junk or the waterblock itself, cooling obviously will stuck too. And this should get fixed by corsair if they cover this. And it probably depends on your warranty as well...

Okay you might not be able to feel it, just checked with mine (H115i Pro) and I don't feel anything ?
I'm using the iCue software because I already had it installed for my keyboard but I would assume it does about the same as Corsair Link

Assuming you use the sensor wire from the cooler's header connected to a fan header (normally CPU), any reading above 0 will indicate the pump is working - it depends on the number of pollings per revolutions of the pump as to what it will read (it might read crazy high).

I'd opt to replace your old thermal paste to something decent (Thermal Grizzly, Noctua, Arctic etc.), after 3 years it would be quite dry and losing its efficiency.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, Blai5e said:

Assuming you use the sensor wire from the cooler's header connected to a fan header (normally CPU), any reading above 0 will indicate the pump is working - it depends on the number of pollings per revolutions of the pump as to what it will read (it might read crazy high).

I'd opt to replace your old thermal paste to something decent (Thermal Grizzly, Noctua, Arctic etc.), after 3 years it would be quite dry and losing its efficiency.

Guys my cpu is for lack of a better word, fucked. It will not run below 90 degrees so something has broken. H100i V2 is working fine but this fucking cpu keeps overheating. My luck. Im completely screwed, this cannot be a cooling problem since everything else is working fine.

I replaced the thermal paste and it went completely apeshit again, then i took out everything and dusted it off. that worked for a little while and temps were around 34 degrees but now its completely fucked and going 90 degrees again. fml

Ok, I think I know what it is. The pump is working, so it cant be broken, however, when i ran my hand along the tubes i noticed at the very base of the tube near the block was where the most heat was. This has to mean that it is somehow clogged up and my cpu might be ok. Im going to try and get a cheap cooler to test it before going out and buying another one. 

• 1 year later...

What have you found out?

I also have a h100i v1, i cleaned my pc and now im getting 90-100 degs on idle. All the twisting i did on the tubes must have dislodged gunk and got them jammed into the pump and the fins.

Been reading/watching videos about this topic

My wallet is a bottleneck. Someone help me overclock this.