Buying from NewEgg but in Europe, will that be okay?

NunoLava1998

Planning to buy a small M.2 SSD from NewEgg. USPS, UPS, DHL and local (CTT) serve my area, FedEx should and TNT does not. I live in Portugal (in Madeira Islands). Will I be fine buying from NewEgg? I've bought from Amazon without issue

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

You'll be charged import and customs fees, as well as any taxes that are required on imports to your country, but the process is reliable. 

I'd advise checking what additional costs you'll encounter to work out if it is actually worth it to order from the US.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'll be charged import and customs fees, as well as any taxes that are required on imports to your country, but the process is reliable. 

I'd advise checking what additional costs you'll encounter to work out if it is actually worth it to order from the US.

I do know. NewEgg and Amazon includes all of the costs at checkout.

The SSD I'm buying is a particularly low demand/rare SSD, and some places charge as much as 50(!)% markup compared to buying from NewEgg, and Global Store is not available here, otherwise I'd absolutely have bought local.

I was worried more about RMA process than anything

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I do know. NewEgg and Amazon includes all of the costs at checkout.

The SSD I'm buying is a particularly low demand/rare SSD, and some places charge as much as 50(!)% markup compared to buying from NewEgg, and Global Store is not available here, otherwise I'd absolutely have bought local.

I was worried more about RMA process than anything

The RMA process would have to go through the US as far as I know. I don't think you can go to the European RMA process for products bought in the US (at least, most of the time you can't).

You would be able to RMA it, but you'd encounter high shipping costs and possibly additional import costs when it's shipped back again, but I'm not sure on that. You may need to check your country's laws for shipping repair items/returns and such. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

The RMA process would have to go through the US as far as I know. I don't think you can go to the European RMA process for products bought in the US (at least, most of the time you can't).

You would be able to RMA it, but you'd encounter high shipping costs and possibly additional import costs when it's shipped back again, but I'm not sure on that. You may need to check your country's laws for shipping repair items/returns and such. 

NewEgg would likely cover that, right?

18 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

NewEgg would likely cover that, right?

RMAs typically go through the manufacturer directly, so NewEgg likely won't have anything to do with it.

EDIT: best ones to check on that are NewEgg themselves. I haven't tried to RMA a product from NewEgg, so I can't say for certain, but they can.

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

RMAs typically go through the manufacturer directly, so NewEgg likely won't have anything to do with it.

Buying an Intel SSD, how's Intel then?

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Can't say on that end. I've never RMA'd anything through Intel. 

43 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You need to contact and ask Intel. CPUs have international warranty, but quickly google doesn't say if SSDs would have it too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

actually Amazon is now possible considering I'm buying it in ~2 weeks and Amazon now has it stock around that time

It's imo not worth it buying from USA. Just go to geizhals.eu and pick the seller you feel most comfortable with or with lowest prices, they are all listed from Europe. The import charges, VAT and waiting time when buying from USA isn't worth maybe saving few € and I doubt you will even save anything.

I just buy from ComputerUniverse the most because I have the best experience with them despite not being the cheapest. CaseKing is also ok in general. CyberPort is also fine. If you're from Germany, check MindFactory or use a German based reshipping service.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

It's imo not worth it buying from USA. Just go to geizhals.eu and pick the seller you feel most comfortable with or with lowest prices, they are all listed from Europe. The import charges, VAT and waiting time when buying from USA isn't worth maybe saving few € and I doubt you will even save anything.

I just buy from ComputerUniverse the most because I have the best experience with them despite not being the cheapest. CaseKing is also ok in general. CyberPort is also fine. If you're from Germany, check MindFactory or use a German based reshipping service.

I'm from Madeira Island, so actually good luck on shipping that to me if they use local shipping services.

Plus, it's about the same price and I'm more comfortable with Amazon than a random Austrian retailer with no pictures of the product.

I’d just open a chat with newegg and ask a person there...... much faster and the answer is backed by a representative of Newegg vs what people say on the forum.

9 minutes ago, Swes said:

I’d just open a chat with newegg and ask a person there...... much faster and the answer is backed by a representative of Newegg vs what people say on the forum.

Already bought it oof

But i think it'll work, i was more worried about returns more than anything