The last pieces of the jigsaw...

Go to solution Solved by MeatFeastMan,

Given you're playing 1440p you're gonna want vega 56 for that 8gb over a 1660 which isn't really built for 1440p. I tried to keep it as low as possible, so I downgraded to ryzen 5 1600. I squeezed in what you wanted, it's just over the budget but I think it's worth spending over the 600$ because you're at 1440p:

The GPU doesn't have the best cooler design by any means, but for that price it's too good to avoid. Just make sure you don't overclock it, it should be fine at stock speeds. If you're happy paying up to that $800 you could go up to a ryzen 5 2600 with a better model for the vega 56, but as I said, I tried to keep it as close to your budget as I could.

Hi 

After mulling it over for a while, I'm taking the leap to my first build. Basically, my old PC (which I am keeping as a secondary one) is reaching the limit of performance without spending lots more. So...

I am starting from scratch picking the parts when I see deals over the last month or so. My aim is to build a Ryzen based system mainly for gaming (1440p 144mhz - mainly FPS games) but also for general productivity and a bit of photo and video editing. Maybe even streaming.

So far I have purchased...

- Aerocool 800 case with additional case fans

- MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard

- 750W EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 LED, 80PLUS Gold, Full Modular PSU

To add to this, I am thinking of getting these items and would like feedback on better options please (and what goes well together to match this)...

- CPU: Ryzen 2600 / 2700 or similar

- RAM: 16Gb of 2333-3200 RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz maybe)

- Graphics Card: Vega 56 or GTX 1660 (maybe something higher if needed?)

- Drive: 500gb NVMe and possibly a storage drive c.2-4Tb

My budget for the remaining items is around $500-600 but could stretch to $700-800 if needed.

All comments welcome thank you.

Given you're playing 1440p you're gonna want vega 56 for that 8gb over a 1660 which isn't really built for 1440p. I tried to keep it as low as possible, so I downgraded to ryzen 5 1600. I squeezed in what you wanted, it's just over the budget but I think it's worth spending over the 600$ because you're at 1440p:

The GPU doesn't have the best cooler design by any means, but for that price it's too good to avoid. Just make sure you don't overclock it, it should be fine at stock speeds. If you're happy paying up to that $800 you could go up to a ryzen 5 2600 with a better model for the vega 56, but as I said, I tried to keep it as close to your budget as I could.

4 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I was 3/4 done building almost this same list.

You could stretch and get the 2700X for about 300 and be just a touch over your $800 max, but have the best Ryzen processor out right now.

1 hour ago, iconic said:

Hi 

After mulling it over for a while, I'm taking the leap to my first build. Basically, my old PC (which I am keeping as a secondary one) is reaching the limit of performance without spending lots more. So...

I am starting from scratch picking the parts when I see deals over the last month or so. My aim is to build a Ryzen based system mainly for gaming (1440p 144mhz - mainly FPS games) but also for general productivity and a bit of photo and video editing. Maybe even streaming.

So far I have purchased...

- Aerocool 800 case with additional case fans

- MSI B450 Tomahawk Motherboard

- 750W EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 LED, 80PLUS Gold, Full Modular PSU

To add to this, I am thinking of getting these items and would like feedback on better options please (and what goes well together to match this)...

- CPU: Ryzen 2600 / 2700 or similar

- RAM: 16Gb of 2333-3200 RAM (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz maybe)

- Graphics Card: Vega 56 or GTX 1660 (maybe something higher if needed?)

- Drive: 500gb NVMe and possibly a storage drive c.2-4Tb

My budget for the remaining items is around $500-600 but could stretch to $700-800 if needed.

All comments welcome thank you.

Thank you SO much, I really appreciate your help.