RAM sticks troubleshooting

Is there a way to know if there is a bad module or DIMM slot on your mobo(asus p5e)?

I had a couple of blue screens lately and after a lot of time spent i realized that even with default OC settings i couldn't boot... which raised suspicions about the memory.. It turns out that it was the problem and comes from the outer-side dimm slot(i think it named D as 4th?) so i run 4 sticks of 2gb DDR2 which are different branded (i know that's the first Red Flag raised but they worked fine in the past 4 years so why to have a problem now?idk) so 2 corsair modules and 2 kingstone ones. I have tried every single combination between the 2 channels and i think that as soon as there is a ram stick in the last dimm slot it causes the system to be unstable. That is not always the case a lot of times it works for hours and out of nowhere ===> Blue screen where it never recovers again cause it gets stuck in a restarting-BSOD loop. (doesn't even load windows repair screen without crushing).

If you pull out whatever is the dimm slot everything returns back to normal... What could be the problem and how do diagnose it further?

In the end i now use 6gb which are the remaining 3 sticks and works pefrect even with the oc'd settings.

1 hour ago, Zuccers said:

Maybe, the CPU is somehow out if it's place ;)

i just tested you theory out.

Bios checks ram on start up with no error messages and then it can read all of them in the hardware monitor (both specs and manufacturer etc) YET it didn't boot it crashed.

You said, you took out the bios battery, try replacing it :)

19 hours ago, Zuccers said:

You said, you took out the bios battery, try replacing it :)

No results, same things applies with the new battery... ?