Jump to content

CPU high temps in BIOS (Need help!)

Hello, so I'm having a serious issue with my computer. I was on Windows 7 and I decided to finally upgrade to Windows 10. The installation went fine and all but once I was able to login I got a random blue screen and I wasn't able to get the error code to look up the stop error. Then my fans for my corsair H100iv2 started to spin up fast. once my computer restarted I looked into the bios and it was really high in temps, like it started at 60c or 70c then it started to rise up to high 80s and hitting 90C. I feel like my pump died but I would like to see what all of you who are reading this have to say. If any of you need more information I will gladly explain to all of you. 

 

Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a dead pump, but remount the block try to see if you can feel any vibration from it.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you able to stay in Windows long enough to get Corsair Link opened? If you hooked up the Corsair Link shit on your cooler you should be able to get a report on pump speeds.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Are you able to stay in Windows long enough to get Corsair Link opened? If you hooked up the Corsair Link shit on your cooler you should be able to get a report on pump speeds.

The thing with that is ever sense I got my cooler it would always show 0rpm in the corsair link and in iCUE. i have looked up fixes in the past to see if I can see the Speed of my pump. I can see the fan RPM changing but not my pump speed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Sounds like a dead pump, but remount the block try to see if you can feel any vibration from it.

Wouldn't I need to reapply thermal paste if I remount the CPU block? I don't have any extra thermal paste I used the thermal paste that was already on the block. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tacoriffic11 said:

The thing with that is ever sense I got my cooler it would always show 0rpm in the corsair link and in iCUE. i have looked up fixes in the past to see if I can see the Speed of my pump. I can see the fan RPM changing but not my pump speed. 

Are you sure its hooked up right? You have the mini-usb cable that plugs into the block and runs down to the USB header. Then you plug your fans into the cooler itself, rather than the CPU fan headers on the motherboard iirc. Should be able to see pump and fan speeds that way.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

you can use the same thermal paste fine; if it's really crusty though i'd order some and change it later.. Also, maybe touch the block and feel how hot it is, or install a stock fan cooler if you have one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Are you sure its hooked up right? You have the mini-usb cable that plugs into the block and runs down to the USB header. Then you plug your fans into the cooler itself, rather than the CPU fan headers on the motherboard iirc. Should be able to see pump and fan speeds that way.

That's the way I have alwaysed had it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tacoriffic11 said:

That's the way I have alwaysed had it. 

Unplug each fan and harddrive (basically anything that makes noise) and fire it up. Put your ear up to the block and see if you can hear the pump running.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Rosss said:

you can use the same thermal paste fine; if it's really crusty though i'd order some and change it later.. Also, maybe touch the block and feel how hot it is, or install a stock fan cooler if you have one

I'm going to test I then again and see if I feel anything from the pump. I do have the pump plugged in the CPU_FAN which is the main one and in the BIOS I do have CPU fan error on so wouldn't it tell if the pump is dead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

could it be if you have a pci to usb header, that you may need drivers for W10 for it to engage and power the pump? Probably not at all, but just a thought

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rosss said:

could it be if you have a pci to usb header, that you may need drivers for W10 for it to engage and power the pump? Probably not at all, but just a thought

I have the USB connector on the NZXT internal USB hub which is connected to the motherboard. I will connect it USB connector on the motherboard without the hub. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

Unplug each fan and harddrive (basically anything that makes noise) and fire it up. Put your ear up to the block and see if you can hear the pump running.

So I turned on my PC and felt my pump to see if I felt any vibration or anything and I didn't feel anything. So I'm guessing my pump died?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Tacoriffic11 said:

So I turned on my PC and felt my pump to see if I felt any vibration or anything and I didn't feel anything. So I'm guessing my pump died?

Its possible, but take a look at this video and see what you can do.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BigDamn said:

Its possible, but take a look at this video and see what you can do.

don't those things have pretty good warranties? If shipping doesn't cost much i'd just stick on a standard air cooler and RMA it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rosss said:

don't those things have pretty good warranties? If shipping doesn't cost much i'd just stick on a standard air cooler and RMA it

Guess thats a good point lol. Forgot all about warranty.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

 

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

 

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

 

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×