Dr Su will present Zen 2 and Navi at Computex 2019 (May 27th)

Master Disaster

It's official guys, confirmed in a press release from Computex. Dr Su will present "a range of new 7nm technologies" at the events opening keynote.

In an official press release, the Taiwan External Trade Development Council has confirmed that AMD’s CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, will be presenting the Computex 2019 opening keynote on 27th May, 19. During the keynote, AMD’s President and CEO will be presenting a range of new technologies that will utilize the brand new 7nm process node.

Computex will officially kick-off on 27th May in Taiwan at 10:00 AM (Monday). The event will be live-streamed to the public and AMD’s CEO will be presenting the opening keynote for the event. AMD’s keynote will also set the stage for next-generation technologies announcement where Dr. Lisa Su can introduce their next-gen 7nm products, especially the Ryzen 3000 series processors and next-gen Radeon RX Navi GPU based graphics cards.

Here's the press release

“COMPUTEX, as one of the global leading technology tradeshows, has continued to advance with the times for more than 30 years. This year, for the first time, a keynote speech will be held at the pre-show international press conference,” said Mr. Walter Yeh, President & CEO, TAITRA, “Dr. Lisa Su received a special invitation to share insights about the next generation of high-performance computing. We look forward to her participation attracting more companies to participate in COMPUTEX, bringing the latest industry insights, and jointly sharing the infinite possibilities of the technology ecosystem on this global stage.”

via Computex

AMD have also confirmed they'll be presenting Zen 2, both desktop and server variants as well as Navi, the event will be live streamed. Release for the products is expected in July.

AMD confirmed that they will be introducing the said next-gen products, offering key details as to what the general audience should expect from the respective CPU/GPU lineups. Now I’ve been stating this for a while that AMD’s Ryzen 3000 series and Radeon RX Navi GPUs always had their announcements planned for Computex 2019 but it looks like we may get a launch later in July as previously reported.

AMD-Ryzen-3000-and-Ryzen-Threadripper-30

Upcoming products include 7nm AMD EPYC datacenter processors, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processors and graphics cards based on the next-generation “Navi” architecture – all of which are designed to create exceptional experiences for gamers and creators as well as help solve many of the toughest challenges in our lives. During the CEO Keynote, Dr. Lisa Su and other high-profile guests will highlight new details of upcoming products and showcase how the industry is building a new high-performance computing ecosystem that will push technology to the next level.

via AMD

https://wccftech.com/amd-ceo-computex-2019-keynote-ryzen-3000-cpu-and-radeon-rx-navi-gpu/

July huh. That's perfect, gives me 3 months to save enough for a new board and CPU.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

RIP April/May shipping rumor (and Bizgram for the matter ._.)

Where did that rumour even come from, everyone has been saying july for a long time, and suddenly April? Doesn't sound doable.

Also 07.07 07:07:07 would be perfect launch time for ryzen 7nm.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

9 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

RIP April/May shipping rumor (and Bizgram for the matter ._.)

At least now we have a definite time

Just now, Sychic said:

At least now we have a definite time

I don't think the release date is officially confirmed, it just happens that this rumour coincides with existing rumours.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

I don't think the release date is officially confirmed, it just happens that this rumour coincides with existing rumours.

better than nothing lol. I can't wait!

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

... eh, starting to wonder if the previous intel leak from them was super lucky

RUmours say they've been having issues with the MB's. So it may be they did want to launch earlier but had to push back.

2 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

Released just in time for Cyberpunk 2077.

ahhh I CANT FRIGGIN WAIT to play in 4k on my oled with a wireless controller on the couch!!! im gonna be absent from life for a while

4 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Where did that rumour even come from, everyone has been saying july for a long time, and suddenly April? Doesn't sound doable.

Also 07.07 07:07:07 would be perfect launch time for ryzen 7nm.

Well if rumours are to be believed, CPUs seem to be fine, but mobo chipsets aren't. Considering that, they can present end of may the CPUs at least, show off a bit of performance, start sending review samples and do a proper release for consumers in July?

Can't wait to find out if I'm going to be wasting a lot of money on a new PC or if I'm just going to be disappointed. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Can't wait to find out if I'm going to be wasting a lot of money on a new PC or if I'm just going to be disappointed. 

Well, IPC should be better than Skylake by at least a little, it'll be a heap of cores for not a lot of money and it's really cool new tech. What we do know for certain right now is all of the big motherboard manufacturers are bringing their really high-end board names to X570. Which means at least Asus, MSI and Gigabyte expect a lot of high-end builds on the platform.

Right now I'm almost more interested in what X570 brings.

Because what Zen2 brings is more known: lower power consumption, more IPC. The only question remaining is how much better it will be. but besides that everything is known.

Nothing is known for X570 though.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, IPC should be better than Skylake by at least a little, it'll be a heap of cores for not a lot of money and it's really cool new tech. What we do know for certain right now is all of the big motherboard manufacturers are bringing their really high-end board names to X570. Which means at least Asus, MSI and Gigabyte expect a lot of high-end builds on the platform.

Well in all fairness Zen was AMD's answer to skylake in many respects, and not a bad answer mind you.

Even if skylakes IPC may be "better" (and yes i use that subjectively) there is a lot AMD is bringing to the table here.

They learned the hard way from Bulldozer, even if AMD "fails" to "beat" skylake in terms of IPC they made up for it in other ways. like actually making core count matter again for the consumer.

july is good... gives me a few months to save up some extra cash lol

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

I really hope Navi is something special, like the HD 4870 was. My GTX 970 has aged much better than I could have ever hoped for when I bought it in 2014 but I could definitely use an upgrade since it has trouble with AC Odyssey and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Though the big ones I care about are Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077.

Still a long way to 27th May.... 2 months waiting & 1 more till released....

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

My GTX 970 has aged much better than I could have ever hoped for when I bought it in 2014 but I could definitely use an upgrade since it has trouble with AC Odyssey and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Though the big ones I care about are Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077.

not so fast, with suitable slight tweaks in graphics setting it still runs great at 1080p 

Hoping for High end graphics card from AMD this time. With nice price/perf ratio.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's gonna be interesting to have 3 graphic vendors (AMD, NVIDIA and Intel) after what, 15 years of having only 2? Would be cool if we got a 3rd CPU vendor as well, like we used to back in the day. That goes a bit further back...

27 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Vega 64/56 and Vega V2 are technically high end cards ._. considering they don't squeeze that many CUs for the middle stack

I agree. But in my country they are really pricey for the performace they give.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

It's gonna be interesting to have 3 graphic vendors (AMD, NVIDIA and Intel) after what, 15 years of having only 2? Would be cool if we got a 3rd CPU vendor as well, like we used to back in the day. That goes a bit further back...

There was actually 4 CPU vendors at one point.

Cool, it's quite soon. Can't wait to see frequencies and also what the faster memory support will be. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

27 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

There was actually 4 CPU vendors at one point.

I know, but that was really long way back (Cyrix). Yeah, it's a bit of a shame because Cyrix had some quite innovative stuff in their CPU's.

I always wonder where would companies like 3dfx, Cyrix, S3, XGI or Aureal evolve if they weren't killed off 2 decades ago. How would the hardware market look like if none of them went dodo. Aaaah.