Apple banned repair expert for saying the truth.

Avus
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

Please read the news section posting guidelines before creating a post. 

Since this post violates the guidelines, and this thread frankly is a mess, it has been locked. Feel free to make a new thread on the topic that follows the guidelines. 

1 minute ago, Juniiii said:

It be like that sometimes

That's no excuse though.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

You hear a shout in the distance:

YOU DIDN'T READ THE POSTING GUIDELINES!

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Better not cough to hard apple might hear and ban you.

Internet Connection

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.3Ghz | Asus Prime X470-Pro | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8GB) DDR-4 3000Mhz OC'd @ 3400Mhz 16-20-20-38 |

EVGA RTX 2070 8GB XC Gaming OC @ 2145Mhz Boosted/ 1925Mhz Memory | WD SN750 500GB M.2 NVME | Gigabye 240GB SSD | 
XSPC EX 360mm | Corsair XC7 RGB CPU WB | EK-Vector RTX 2080 | Alphacool Eisbecher D5 150mm Plexi | XSPC Fittings | XSPC FLX Clear 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD |
Corsair LL120 x6 | Corsair RM750x White 2018 | Corsair Commander Pro | Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE | Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion |
Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 | Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless 18,000DPI | Acer 32" 4K 60Hz HDR600 Cert. ET322QK CBMIIPZX |

Passmark Score

3dmark Score

PC Parts Picker Link to Build

Network

Netgear LBR20 LTE Router | Verizon Unlimited Prepaid Hotspot Plan

HP 2530-48G-PoEP Switch

Rasberry Pi 4 Running Pihole

Linksys Velop 3 Mesh Wifi AP's

2 minutes ago, ddennis002 said:

Better not cough to hard apple might hear and ban you.

apple bad

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

waiting for @DrMacintoshto come defend apple.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

3 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

DMac know what's up, never claims that apple is perfect

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I highly recommend you go and watch Louis Rossman's video on this. I felt like he explained and talked about the problem in a reasonable way. I also just think that Apple does a lot of things wrong and that they could have kept this under the radar and handled it better if they had just given some compensation or a sincere apology.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

Apple Sux, I'd never use any of their products or software

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

What's that? The worlds most undeservedly profitable company lies to its customers and is in fact a giant bag of scum?

Who knew?

Apple isn't alone in this, a lot of OEM's are pushing for disposable devices. They don't want to have the manufacture parts and "lose money" on repairs. Even if that company is somehow forced to give them a cut to be "certified" and be able to order parts.

Right to repair needs to be a thing. OEM's need to be forced (yes, forced) to make parts available at a reasonable price, without certification, without "authorization", etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

18 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

It's really not polite to attack someone personally and actually he normally does admit when Apple are in the wrong.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It's really not polite to attack someone personally and actually he normally does admit when Apple are in the wrong.

Yep. I saw Louis’s video this morning. 

Apple is in the wrong. The support forums should be used to provide users with ALL available solutions. Apple is lying when they say that there is no way to recover lost data. 

iPadRehab is proof that data can be recovered. It is Apple that doesn’t want to offer those services. 

That being said, turn on iCloud Backups people! 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

21 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yep. I saw Louis’s video this morning. 

Apple is in the wrong. The support forums should be used to provide users with ALL available solutions. Apple is lying when they say that there is no way to recover lost data. 

iPadRehab is proof that data can be recovered. It is Apple that doesn’t want to offer those services. 

That being said, turn on iCloud Backups people! 

I'd go as far as to say this 100% qualifies as a deceptive business practice.

Okay before the thread closes, we all know apple is bad when it comes to letting users repair their devices on their own or have someone pay for it. I can’t blame them, a big corporation is trying to make money and regulate against counterfeit parts, which is a big problem when it comes to repairing devices like these. Apple is handling this situation in a way that’s negatively affecting is PR (Public relations). 

As if Censorshit ever really worked.

For a small portion, maybe, but in general, not so much.

In the end you create a Streisand Effect that make people more aware of your shit than before.

And if you want to ban people for helping others, you done goofed, mate...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Why isn't this locked yet?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

21 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

clickbait title. It is just a forum ban ?

It's an example of blatantly deceptive business practices. The title is hardly clickbait.

One could go as far as to say anti-competitive business practices as well. But we already knew that about Apple.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

What's that? The worlds most undeservedly profitable company lies to its customers and is in fact a giant bag of scum?

Who knew?

Apple isn't alone in this, a lot of OEM's are pushing for disposable devices. They don't want to have the manufacture parts and "lose money" on repairs. Even if that company is somehow forced to give them a cut to be "certified" and be able to order parts.

Right to repair needs to be a thing. OEM's need to be forced (yes, forced) to make parts available at a reasonable price, without certification, without "authorization", etc.

Honestly, there is not one singular mobile OEM I desire to support. For longevity of software updates, Apple comes closest to my usage case, but I don't want to give Apple my money either. And I'm really tired of fiddling with custom roms to maintain the latest security updates on Android devices over the long term.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

6 minutes ago, nick name said:

Why isn't this locked yet?

Because Apple is bad!  duh!

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB