I Can't Believe This Worked!!!

16 minutes ago, Sykoste said:

You need to understand how concrete hardens first - it does not dry. It hydrates. Your concrete (ahem sloppy mortar mix) set because it 'hydrated'. As it hydrates fully it actually will get warmer through chemical reaction adding to your heat!. Hence pc death - it wasn't solidification that caused your problem. You need to try two better methods - heat exchange by submerging the radiator in a concrete block without fans mentioned by a few others. But the more interesting and thus harder but more likely solution of heat transfer through hydration within a pipe that you already partially tested. You were correct in assuming that the liquid centre of the un-hydrated concrete in the pipes (not yet hardened) was dissipating fluid with heat into the outer core as the outer core was wanting to hydrate faster - taking on water and thus exchanging heat.  Your problem was that your medium was also concrete and it's inevitable fate was to also hydrate. Concrete blocks can continue to absorb water over many years before the core fully sets to max strength (hence why wet submerged concrete is stronger than dry concrete above ground in say a hot country). The collaseum is still standing not because romans made better concrete than we do today, but because it rains a lot in Rome, and the brick layer trapped in moisture over many years. Modern hotels crumble away because they dry too fast and don't have years to hydrate properly. The challenge is - can you maximise this by making an outer concrete tube that is set and pass just water through it in an open centre so the pre set outer will continue to absorb hot water as it hydrates whilst still allowing water to continue its journey to the rad in the centre then back to the block?. Relook at this challenge and you may be surprised at the gain to heat reduction. I would estimate the concrete would continue to hydrate for a year in a 5 inch thick tube with a half inch centre hole, before it becomes unable to absorb any more fluid at which point the outer core will be near as waterproof and cooling will then be as normal - just a pipe. You may be on to something here - you just did it too literally. Use the pump and pipes as normal, but allow water to touch pre-set concrete at some point in the journey as well as flow through it. And use an aggregate. In this case use a porus aggregate like sandstone as you don't need strength or water proofness - you need maximum filtration through the medium.

The upload date was April 1st. This whole thing was fake ?

We're not actually trying to solve the problems ?

On 4/1/2019 at 1:52 PM, Fink111 said:

Not if you used the Thermal Grease from one of their older videos (

)

Liquid metal isn't the same thing as thermal grease, you know. 

The amount of people that thought this was real. The CPU was 4 core. It was also running at only 1v on the Vcore....that was idling at like 48C. Also, Alex's explanation of how the concrete was better than water, was kinda not really an explanation... It was a jumbled mess for sure haha. To say it though, it was a really great April's fool video. Especially if it fooled all these people

4 minutes ago, Yamionxtc said:

The amount of people that thought this was real.

Well to be honest this is the type of thing they'd do anyway, so to the viewer it's expected really. Also it is technically 'real' since they did put concrete in the system and it did harden the next-day. You could never fake that even if you tried. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 hour ago, Yamionxtc said:

The amount of people that thought this was real. The CPU was 4 core. It was also running at only 1v on the Vcore....that was idling at like 48C.

We were using the real processor there, it only shows 4 cores by default and if you want more you need to change the preferences.  

hi. i'm looking for a video with mercury to cool your computer with.
is there anyone who can help find a video with it.

30 minutes ago, NauQuark said:

hi. i'm looking for a video with mercury to cool your computer with.
is there anyone who can help find a video with it.

like this

On 4/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, Hezd said:

Mix white sugar in the wet cement mix, make sure the concentration of sugar is above 1% and it shouldn't harden, or at least harden so slow that the loop could be turned off for long periods.

Or even better would probably be pure ethanol instead of water, then the chemical process which hardens the cement couldn't happen.

That's how the 7-11 Slurpee works. That's why it's been so hard to get a sugar-free Slurpee to work right.

Desktop: [Processor: Intel Skylake i5 6600K (stock for now)][HSF: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO]
[PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 B2][Case: Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 Silver]
[Motherboard: AsRock Z170 Extreme4][RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666]
[Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 03G-P4-6160-KR]
[Hard Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB]
Notebook: [HP Envy x360 15z][Ryzen 7 2700U w/ Radeon RX Vega 10][8GB RAM][256GB m.2 nVME SSD]

Gaming:[SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1792244 - "[TC]CreepingDeath"]

On 4/2/2019 at 8:50 PM, LinusTech said:

The upload date was April 1st. This whole thing was fake ?

We're not actually trying to solve the problems ?

true but oddly this is really cool science on this.  roman concrete to this day is still Harding . i do forgot the dock name that's some what under water atm.

we can learn a lot from humans from thousand of years ago.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC