How do you sell a used computer?

I got two old computers I want to sell to get a new computer, but idk how to do it :/

The computers I want try to sell is a HP Pavilion 24g014 All in One Computer and a Acer Aspire ZS600
1. https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-24g014-Touchscreen-i3-6100T/dp/B01L014A4O
2, https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4531;-

Right now my goal is to sell these two computers to have enough money to pay for a Acer Aspire C24-865-ACi5NT AIO Desktop
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-C24-865-ACi5NT-i5-8250U-802-11ac-Wireless/dp/B07CY79CKZ

Any tips or ideas on how to sell these or no? This is my first time trying to sell electronics and I don't know what they are both worth since they are both used, however they are both in good working condition with just some little dust.

Take lots of pics, sell them on facebook, ebay, your local selling sites etc.

Be reasonable with your offers, look at what others of the same make and model are selling for.

1 minute ago, DarIin said:

Take lots of pics, sell them on facebook, ebay, your local selling sites etc.

Be reasonable with your offers, look at what others of the same make and model are selling for.

How do I sell them? Like they send me a check or...?
And how do I ship/give the computers to them?

The easiest and safest way to do it is locally - posting on Facebook's marketplace or Craigslist. I'd recommend dealing cash-only. Getting scammed doesn't happen often, but it's better to be safe about it.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

I always in include screen shots of the cinebench score, heaven benchmark, and the majority of the tabs on cpuz.

In addition to what others have said, I would also add the following:

1. Be as accurate as you can about the specs.
  2. Don't try to sell it for more than it's worth.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

The easiest and safest way to do it is locally - posting on Facebook's marketplace or Craigslist. I'd recommend dealing cash-only. Getting scammed doesn't happen often, but it's better to be safe about it.

I don't really trust with people up front, I live in Florida and for god sake anything could happen. Any other ways instead of paying in person?

4 minutes ago, AnnaTheKitty said:

Any other ways instead of paying in person?

Yes, but those usually don't bode well with a buyer(they tend to increase the likelihood of a scam in the eyes of a buyer).

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

42 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yes, but those usually don't bode well with a buyer(they tend to increase the likelihood of a scam in the eyes of a buyer).

Thanks for the help

eBay dude

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

48 minutes ago, Srius1 said:

eBay dude

Then the buyer turns around, says it doesn't work even if it does, they get refunded because ebay/paypal always side with them, you've lost everything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Then the buyer turns around, says it doesn't work even if it does, they get refunded because ebay/paypal always side with them, you've lost everything.

That def happens but if you are selling lower priced goods , a lot less likely. Also just part it out and sell it piece by piece. eBay sucks with fees but as Long As you only sell to people with established feedback, 8/10 times no issues. Last year I pieced out and sold by 3770k mobo/ram and netted almost $300 . If I had sold it in 1 piece would have been a lot less. Also shipping a pc w/ case is super expensive. Better off selling internals 1 by one and throwing away case or keep it.

edit: sorry just saw you were selling all in ones. Those you kind of have to use Craigslist or let’s go are so damn big. I would still use eBay , just charge like $60 for shipping. If they work fine.,,hopefully they don’t scum you by saying otherwise. Maybe take a YouTube video showing it works and adding it to listing.

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

11 hours ago, AnnaTheKitty said:

or god sake anything could happen

This is why you do it at the cop shop. Lots of people here will do it in the lobby of their local police station. Who's going to fuck up in the middle of the police station? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Whatever you do, pull the drives and put in new ones, even recertified. Bought a machine today and it wouldnt boot. Booted it from another drive and it's full of user data, even documents with names hinting to financial and mortgage details. I found a file named "poo chart" of all things. You never know what the new owner may do with it, they may simple install an OS and use it, or try data recovery.