Desktop Issues for more than 2 years

Hello! :D

So for as long as i can remember i've always had this problem with my new desktop.

I mainly play CSGO at a semi-pro level, and i would love to take things even further, but im having this computer problem that no one can seem to help me with, nor understand.

Im running a Intel i7-4790k Processor at 4,0GHz (Auto | not overclocked)

A GTX 970 4GB (Not overclocked)

32GB DDR 1866MHz Kingston Ram

CX600m PSU

MSI Z97-G43 Motherboard

Seagate ST31000524AS HDD from 2006 | Windows 10 64bit

When ingame (this goes for any game, but mostly CSGO). Im running at around 260-300FPS | 144hz ASUS VG248QE | Display port | But my game does not look, nor feel smooth when moving my mouse around. I can be moving with WASD and things look smooth, but the second i start looking/pan left to right/, exploring the map etc, everything feels sluggish, almost like my monitor is going from 144 to 60hz real quick.

Now this problem happends regardless to if i lock my fps or not. If i lock it to 144 or 200 FPS it becomes unplayable, like im playing at under 60hz -> This also happends if i use anything other than a 4:3 resolution. If i play at 16:9 or 16:10 it becomes UNPLAYABLE and i mean U.N.P.L.A.Y.A.B.L.E, constant sluggish.

Another example could be Apex Legends. I turn all my settings down to low because im oldschool like that. Lock my frames etc. Says 144hz, stays up there, but it feels like absolute shit.

Same goes for Fortnite. 144fps -150fps 200fps, all of them feel like shit when im moving around (mostly with my mouse when i pan around)

This is really getting on my nerves, because i had a shitty old pre-built HP desktop before that was running it at a much lower framerate, but it was smooth as butter.

A list of things i have tried;

-V-sync (not really an option because of the input lag)

-Reformate Windows / Fresh start -> Multiple times.

-Deleted Graphics driver and tried older ones.

-Another 144hz Monitor | AOC.

-Another Mouse and keyboard.

-HDMI | Display Port and Dual link DVI -> Display Port felt better.

-Nvidia Control Panel options, pre rendered frames etc.

-Tried manipulating GPU driver with Nvidia inspector (deplay flip by flip...)

-Tried another GPU

-Tried 8GB of ddr3 1600mhz ram that i had laying around

-Tried another CPU | i5 4690k

- The only things i havent tried is another motherboard, PSU and HDD (i have not tried an SSD yet) and ofcourse Gsync or Freesync.

Im sure there are more things i have tried that im not remembering at the moment.

I have indeed checked my temps ingame and CPU/GPU/RAM usage.

CSGO - 16man FFA deathmatch | GPU temp 35-40 | CPU temp 60-65 | Ram at 4gb in use.| Everything from 40-70% CPU usage and 30-40% GPU usage.

Idle in Windows or right now as im writing this my GPU is at 23 Celsius and CPU is around 28-32 Celsius @ 4GHz.

I really need help. Gaming is becoming more and more frustrating.

Where did u store the games that u play?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I only have the HDD from 06. So they are stored in my (C:) Disk. X86 ->Steam->Steamapps etcetc.

Hello Jooehgp, 

have you tried disabling G-SYNC?

Also, try checking your mouse polling rate. Raise it as high as it goes. 

Have you tried going into the NVIDIA control panel and setting the GPU to "Prefer maximum performance"?

Try checking the game files, or re-installing the game from scratch. 

1 hour ago, Jooehgp said:

I only have the HDD from 06. So they are stored in my (C:) Disk. X86 ->Steam->Steamapps etcetc.

Is that an ssd/hdd? also use quote so people can get notified

ok so its a hdd from 06 i assume it uses sata2 speed..try defragmenting your whole drive with defraggler and check the drive health using crystaldiskinfo...

the other possibilities is that because your hdd is so old, its so easy to get it maxed out with modern operating system/software..and in your case.. you use it for both os and the games and it bottleneck your entire system..try investing on a modern sata 3 hdd/ssd.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

@Hiya!

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

HDD

1 hour ago, Jooehgp said:

Seagate ST31000524AS HDD from 2006

I Just might think its an hdd

2 minutes ago, SimssmiS said:

@Hiya!

I Just might think its an hdd

i edited my post

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

@Finders

Hello.

From what i know my monitor does not have G-sync, unless i buy a G-sync kit from Nvidia themselves. I have disabled it from the driver itself via Nvidia Inspector.

My mouse polling rate is always at 1000hz, anything below that makes my problems even worse, especially 125hz.

As for the Nvidia Control Panel. I have done everything one can do.. :(

55 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Is that an ssd/hdd? also use quote so people can get notified

ok so its a hdd from 06 i assume it uses sata2 speed..try defragmenting your whole drive with defraggler and check the drive health using crystaldiskinfo...

the other possibilities is that because your hdd is so old, its so easy to get it maxed out with modern operating system/software..and in your case.. you use it for both os and the games and it bottleneck your entire system..try investing on a modern sata 3 hdd/ssd.

I tried defragmenting it and it didnt seem to do anything and i ran a disk check using SeaTools (for seagate disks). Every test i did got a green light.

7 minutes ago, Jooehgp said:

I tried defragmenting it and it didnt seem to do anything and i ran a disk check using SeaTools (for seagate disks). Every test i did got a green light.

Joe, have you tried running your game from a faster drive? I think hiya is right, you could be maxing out your hdd. You should get stutter, sudden stutter and long waiting times when the game engine needs to read files from the HDD. 

It's strange that it only runs smooth in 4:3. I would say it may also be the dp cable, but you tried others as well so..

Give it a try, not necessarily an ssd, a sata 3 hdd should do just fine. 

just make sure you re-install everything from scratch, just in case some files got corrupted. Checking them with steam sometimes does not work.