Would this be a good system?

1 minute ago, zinton said:

one of the best

edit: upgrade the gpu actually

Should i go to a vega 56 or 590? I was just thinking of waiting till navi.

I suppose it depends what you're planning on doing 

I plan on playing competitive games like overwatch, csgo and battlefield 5.

2 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

Overspending on CPU. An i7 8700k is plenty.

Also, that 970 evo is overkill as well, NVMe is generally useless for a gaming PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

That card isn't powerful enough for a 240Hz monitor.

Should i wait for navi or get a 590 or vega 56?

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

overspending on CPU. An i7 8700k is plenty.

The 8700K is only $90 cheaper for me.

Just now, GreyNostrils said:

yeah not the best build then, should upgrade the gpu to somthing more like a 2080 to take advantage of that 240hz monitor 
Though you're games arent that demanding, its really just up to how much money you want to spend at this point.

This build screams "I have 6,512 hours in CS:GO. It's the only game I have on my steam account".

8 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

Should i go to a vega 56 or 590? I was just thinking of waiting till navi.

6 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

The AMD RX 580/RX 590 are mid range cards. Vega runs too hot, consumes too much power. Why are you only considering AMD options? Nvidia RTX 2080 would be better for a high end build like this.

image.thumb.png.a4a6fc7f1ca146f5850c349dd849ed90.png

Also at this point we have pretty much zero information about AMD Navi GPUs, so no-one can really give you any advice on them until we have some sort of information about them. We still don't even know when they will be released.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

yeah not the best build then, should upgrade the gpu to somthing more like a 2080 to take advantage of that 240hz monitor 
Though you're games arent that demanding, its really just up to how much money you want to spend at this point.

I dont really want to spend $1350 on the gpu though, thats the thing.

2 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

Should i wait for navi or get a 590 or vega 56?

You could be waiting a while for that one, if you're thinking about waiting for Navi why are you not thinking of waiting for Zen 2? The Vega 56 should be fine enough. I would look at a GTX 1080/1080 Ti/RTX 2070/RTX 2080.

Just now, Spotty said:

This build screams "I have 6,512 hours in CS:GO. It's the only game I have on my steam account".

The AMD RX 580/RX 590 are mid range cards. Vega runs too hot, consumes too much power. Why are you only considering AMD options? Nvidia RTX 2080 would be better for a high end build like this.

image.thumb.png.a4a6fc7f1ca146f5850c349dd849ed90.png

Would a 2070 work well then?

1 minute ago, schwellmo92 said:

You could be waiting a while for that one, if you're thinking about waiting for Navi why are you not thinking of waiting for Zen 2? The Vega 56 should be fine enough. I would look at a GTX 1080/1080 Ti/RTX 2070/RTX 2080.

Because im happy to upgrade my gpu in 4 months but i need a new cpu now. My 2500K is really showing its age. Same with my hd 6950.

Just now, schwellmo92 said:

I would get an 8700K instead of a 9900K as well, the 9900K is $899, the 8700K is $619.

Ok i will then.

Just now, GreyNostrils said:

Because im happy to upgrade my gpu in 4 months but i need a new cpu now. My 2500K is really showing its age. Same with my hd 6950.

Ok well that's fair.

3 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

The prices you have in your quote as expensive man, take a look at local stores like PLE/PCCASEGEAR.

The 2080 strix is still $1300 on pccg. But the 2070 is $929. Would the 2070 be worth it? Edit: or the 2060 for $679

11 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

The 8700K is only $90 cheaper for me.

on pcpp the price is listed at around $600 AUS, where are you buying from that's selling an 8700k at over $700?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

on pcpp the price is listed at around $600 AUS, where are you buying from that's selling an 8700k at over $700?

amazon

3 minutes ago, GreyNostrils said:

amazon

buy from newegg instead, as you can see it's vastly cheaper

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

buy from newegg instead, as you can see it's vastly cheaper

Ok you got it. So i should change the 580 to a 2070 and the 9900K to an 8700K? Edit: or a 580 till navi releases

1 minute ago, GreyNostrils said:

Ok you got it. So i should change the 580 to a 2070 and the 9900K to an 8700K?

that would yield quite a significant performance increase, it would be a good move.

Primary PC: