Avoiding RMA at all costs

So recently, my motherboard's RGB on the I/O cover has stopped working. I have the Strix Z370-E and I've already looked into RMA'ing it but I don't really want to wait for ASUS to try to repair it (I've heard that they don't even start until a month after you send it in).

Is there any way I could replace the part on my own? I can't seem to find the part anywhere (not even on eBay).

Any suggestions?

Repairing is a big maybe dependant on the problem, your skills and resources.
Sounds like you're not willing to ship your board off for months, can you just ship off the cover? (if thats the root problem)
It could just be a software issue so i'd look into that (I know no details about the actual problem)
Or maybe, you could live without rgb on your io plate?

Is the RGB Cover really that important to you? Will it stops you from using the pc? LOL.

RMA for a broken rgb... sigh...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

9 hours ago, zinton said:

Repairing is a big maybe dependant on the problem, your skills and resources.
Sounds like you're not willing to ship your board off for months, can you just ship off the cover? (if thats the root problem)
It could just be a software issue so i'd look into that (I know no details about the actual problem)
Or maybe, you could live without rgb on your io plate?

I've already tried clearing the CMOS and that hasn't worked. And I can't just send off that part because they won't replace it.

9 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

Is the RGB Cover really that important to you? Will it stops you from using the pc? LOL.

RMA for a broken rgb... sigh...

RGB is the most important part /s

But seriously, I haven't RMA'ed it mostly because it's not worth all the hassle and downtime of my computer