Issue with flicker on a Mecer K3G3R 31.5 Freesync monitor when G-SYNC is enabled.

Mattaeus
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,

Sounds like a faulty display. Return it to manufacturer and get a new one. Seems like it cant run Freesync or Gsync. 

You could test it on an AMD card, but you would probably see the same thing. Display manufacturer is at fault here. 

Greetings All,

Hopefully, someone can help me here. With the recent G-sync update, I have enabled G-Sync mode and I have noticed the screen flicker in almost all the games I play. It seems to be most prevalent in games like Insurgency and Day of Infamy but also Company of Heroes 1 and 2, where other games like BF4 and Killing Floor 2 it's barely noticeable at all. This is also quite visible on main menus or load screens. I have tested with a different Display port cable which made no difference. This issue only happens in game.

Additionally after some more testing through the night, I was able "semi" resolve it by changing the screens refresh from 144hz to 120hz, which gave minor improvements but when I dropped all the way down to 60hz the problem completely stopped. So I am guessing the issue starts as soon as the refresh rate goes higher than 60hz.

Specs as follows:

MSI 1080 GTX TI Lightning Z (419.67)

Intel 6700K @ 4.4ghz

32GB Gskill 3200hz DDR4

Additional Monitor Info: https://www.wootware.co.za/mecer-k3g3r-31-5-qhd-2560x1440-144hz-4ms-16-9-va-freesync-curved-gaming-desktop-monitor.html

Sounds like a faulty display. Return it to manufacturer and get a new one. Seems like it cant run Freesync or Gsync. 

You could test it on an AMD card, but you would probably see the same thing. Display manufacturer is at fault here. 

@GoldenLag Thank for the feedback, There are still a few more things I want to try before resorting to that. I have not tested the monitor at a different resolution yet when running at 144hz. I have also not tested the other separate cable I bought at 120hz and 60hz respectively.

If I can get it working at 1440P @ 120hz I can live with that.

Just made this post to get a general consensus before making my next step.

@GoldenLag I have decided to proceed and send the unit back for testing and replacement. I have been talking with the shop I bought it from and one of the employees has been the same screen himself and is running g-sync with a 1070gtx with no issues at all.

Thanks for the help