Best OS for slow laptop AMD 1500

Hello, I have a piece of garbage HP AMD 1500 APU laptop that for some reason has 6GB RAM running Windows 8, I have managed to remove all the bloatware and the laptop runs fine for daily use as a word processor and a light browser/ youtube player. My issue with this piece of rubbish is that since the CPU is slow darn crap (300%+ slower than my desktop i5 4460) YouTube runs like absolute turd, forget playing videos at 720p, even at 144p because of the way YouTube has "evolved since 2014 (when I first got this thing)" videos on the sidebar take forever to load, and I get horrendous choppy playback at 100mbps UP&DOWN. I can see that the videos buffer just fine, but play in a laggy manner, which has led me to believe that it's the computer's fault. I installed a chrome VLC extension that lets you play any youtube video using VLC, and I get butter smooth playback at 720p. I gave Firefox a try, and the experience has been great so far, I can play videos at 480p now with very minimal lag (hardly ever lags), but the overall experience is still.......slow.

I want to know weather there's an OS that uses so little CPU resource that you have enough juice to run a decent web browser. like lubuntu maybe, I don't really have any experience with linux based OSes, only ever used Windows my whole life?

well heres your issue

the cpu is fast enough to run any os , even windows 10. it's not fast enough for almost any browser though. I'm quite surprised to see this slow of a cpu still being able to load youtube at all really. basically even with an os as light as windows FFLP , it's not enough to get native youtube playback to be normal. The cpu can play videolocally in vlc but doesn't have much power for youtubes native player and codec

for anyone needing reference , this is the cpu in question

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+E1-1500+APU&id=1885

it's seems to be roughly the speed of a pentium D which is just not enough anymore for basic internet usage

The issue with the video playback is that it is probably missing hardware codecs which are usually on the CPU, without these, the CPU will have to decode this videos through software, and pairing this fact with a slow CPU is no good, meaning that the video decoding is going to be slow.  I think some lighter Linux OS could help in general though, so look around and see which one looks the best to you, they should all be much more lightweight than Windows.