Motherboard DRAM_LED red. PC wont Post

So I turned on my PC and it booted all fine into the windows lock screen. Then when I pressed my space bar to prompt it to show the password entry area nothing happend. I pressed it again and then my PC just shut down like I had held down the power button. Now when I press the power button and turn it on my fans turn on and are on low speed, my rgb turns on on my ram, gpu, cpu cooler and case and the DRAM_LED is a solid red. I have tried shuting off the power supply and leaving it for 30 mins and trying again. I booted with one stick of ram in and tryed it with 2 sticks of some other ram I had but nothing has worked. Ive also tried every display output on my gpu and mobo with differnt screens. I need this pc for most of my school work and really dont want it to be a case of it dying.

My Specs Are:

CPU - i7 6700k
MOBO - Asus b150 pro gaming aura
GPU - GTX 1080 oc Asus strix
Ram - 2x8gb sticks of 3200mhz Gskill trident z RGB
PSU - EVGA 80+ gold 850w modular power supply
Storage -

m.2 SSD screwed onto Motherboard

2tb seagate mechanical Hard drive

10 minutes ago, oscian44 said:

So I turned on my PC and it booted all fine into the windows lock screen. Then when I pressed my space bar to prompt it to show the password entry area nothing happend. I pressed it again and then my PC just shut down like I had held down the power button. Now when I press the power button and turn it on my fans turn on and are on low speed, my rgb turns on on my ram, gpu, cpu cooler and case and the DRAM_LED is a solid red. I have tried shuting off the power supply and leaving it for 30 mins and trying again. I booted with one stick of ram in and tryed it with 2 sticks of some other ram I had but nothing has worked. Ive also tried every display output on my gpu and mobo with differnt screens. I need this pc for most of my school work and really dont want it to be a case of it dying.

Well damn that's definitely one of the weirdest instant deaths i've ever seen..

Obviously it has to do with RAM but that's also relevant to your CPU, try re-seating your CPU maybe it somehow magically lost connection to the RAM Channels.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Could also be a motherboard issue, the VRM's for the RAM somehow magically died? I have no clue.. try using another board if that's possible

11 minutes ago, oscian44 said:

tryed it with 2 sticks of some other ram I had but nothing has worked.

You sure those other 2 sticks are known to be functional?

4 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Could also be a motherboard issue, the VRM's for the RAM somehow magically died? I have no clue.. try using another board if that's possible

I can try the ram in another pc to see if it works.

Ill also have a look at the cpu slot to see if pins are bent and what not.

Getting a new mobo to test is a little hard as the only other machine in my house is a ryzen, if all other things dont work I might end up getting a new board, the one im using was relatively cheap when I bought it and is around 3 years old.

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

You sure those other 2 sticks are known to be functional?

Yes I took them out of my brother's computer and they function, they were 2x8gb corsair vengence DDR4 sticks, and they still work fine in his after being used in my pc for the test.

1 minute ago, oscian44 said:

Ill also have a look at the cpu slot to see if pins are bent and what not. 

Yes do that, but it's also very possible for the RAM VRM's to somehow have died?

G2pcUwhNHDF0Fv3b_setting_fff_1_90_end_10

See those 2 big grey-ish squares above the 24 Pin? check it out and maybe post clear pictures of that area (mainly between those 2 squares)

36 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Yes do that, but it's also very possible for the RAM VRM's to somehow have died?

G2pcUwhNHDF0Fv3b_setting_fff_1_90_end_10

See those 2 big grey-ish squares above the 24 Pin? check it out and maybe post clear pictures of that area (mainly between those 2 squares)

20190324_140209.jpg

4 hours ago, oscian44 said:

20190324_140209.jpg

Everything looks fine, gotta be CPU or something else wrong with the Motherboard.

1 hour ago, _Syn_ said:

Everything looks fine, gotta be CPU or something else wrong with the Motherboard.

Ok I will try to look at the CPU asap. If it's fine I'll look at getting a new MOBO 

Hey so I feel like the biggest idiot but I read the labels on the motherboard incorrectly as they are shifted down one from led they reference, it is actually the CPU led, I will be checking the pins and will try to test the cpu on a friend's mobo to see if its busted, if it is it looks like I'm up for a new cpu.