R5 2600x RTX 2060 vs i5 8400 RTX 2060 for 1080p @ 144hz

Hello Everyone, My friend is finally going to PC from PS4 and will be building a PC for around $1200. I will build it with him as I will guide him through the process of building a PC. He wants to game at 1080p 144hz. I have most of the build planned and we will be buying the parts at Micro Center. I am having trouble deciding to get either a Ryzen 5 2600x or an i5 8400. He will be playing Black Ops 4, Need for Speed Payback, and BF 5. This PC is just for gaming. Any advice will be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, GalaxyLegendz5 said:

Hello Everyone, My friend is finally going to PC from PS4 and will be building a PC for around $1200. I will build it with him as I will guide him through the process of building a PC. He wants to game at 1080p 144hz. I have most of the build planned and we will be buying the parts at Micro Center. I am having trouble deciding to get either a Ryzen 5 2600x or an i5 8400. He will be playing Black Ops 4, Need for Speed Payback, and BF 5. This PC is just for gaming. Any advice will be appreciated.

5 2600X free division 2 and you can Overclock it that the performance will beat the i5 8400

Or even Ryzen 2600 (without the x): approx 30-35euros  cheaper (though I don't know your location) and can be OC-d for better performance (though for serious OC-ing, a better cooler would be wise to choose). On an MSI B450M Mortar; Gaming Plus or Tomahawk (full-ATX) motherboard with 3000-3200Mhz C16 ram kit. (2x8GB dual of course)

Life is really challenging. I don't always suceed: )