Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thread for Linus Tech Tips Video Suggestions

No, he doesn't know everything. But he knows quite a bit.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

@IamA-kid-LEARNING

Your thread was merged with the video suggestion thread.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

On 5/1/2020 at 4:45 PM, ken2028 said:

Hi,

With the epidemic going on many people try to take advantage of others. Everyone is trying new ways to protect our homes for our families. Many of us are burnt out from stress and or sick from the epidemic plague. Please, I know you're the man that can separate the truth and fact from the online scammers. Many of them are selling germicidal UVC LED lights. From UVC LED E27 to different model portable UVC led hand wands. Please if you can help us know if these ebay & amazon products are in fact real or fake UVC LED sterilizers..

youtub.jpg

dependig if it is real uv led or just  bleu led cheap light

Can Alex be sent to another sciency place and have that explained to us. The 6000 cpu for science video was really interesting, would love more content along those lines.

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - 400$ or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

8 minutes ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - €369.18 or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

only for the tower you will go with a APU

i have a limited budjet of 500 euro and i have seen many reviews on limited-bujet and 500 is the sweetspot.

if you can afort a 500 tower you will be able to play everything in a good quality.

16 minutes ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - €369.18 or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

let me search  a little...........bit

I´d like to see a comparison of private cloud storage solutions and their pros and cons such as the Westen Digital My Cloud Home, Synology, Asustor and others. I think some of them have really great features, but right now I believe there is no solution that stands out amongst those available that offers an experience without running into any problems.

1 hour ago, thatboi01310 said:

Many people can't buy such expensive pc. So can you guys try to make a budget gaming pc worth 300 - 400$ or somewhere near this budget. That would be greatly appreciated.

They've got many 300-600$ build videos, they even made one like 1-2 weeks ago

F@H
Desktop: i7-5960X 4.4GHz, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS Rampage V, 32GB, RTX3080, 2TB NVMe SSD, 2x16TB HDD RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Thermaltake Overseer RX1, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB NVMe SSD RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Dell XPS 2 in 1 2019, 32GB, 1TB, 4K

GPD Win 2

I would love to see a collaboration between Bitwit's Lyle character and Dennis from LMG. I think they could be a very funny pair to match up.

I imagen it could be an introduction to the ryzen 4000 launch, where Lyle and Dennis will steal Anthony's benchmark results or kidnap Anthony himself.

One way this could be done would be Yvonne making a call to Lyle and Dennis to set the plan in motion, which would lead into some intends action sceens like mission impossible with dramatic music while they them make there way to LMG's building and Anthony.. Might even have them hide from a bypassing camera-drone.. In the end, linus could come in and someone they someone could come in and chase them off and rescue Anthony or recover the benchmarks.

I hope you will consider this proposal and come up with something better, so Lyle and Dennis have a chance to shine together someday =)

This might be a shot in the dark, but I had to see this so all of you have to see it as well.
I haven't been watching this channel for very long, but I would love to see a roundup of the most hideous, unnecessary gear they try to peddle to "gamers".
So without further ado, I challenge you to find something that tops this monstrosity of a keyboard on the ugliness index.

Edit: To me, it looks like they held some sort of design your own keyboard contest with a bunch of children, then instead of choosing 1 design they combined them all.

Capture1.PNG

Love to see tech applied to vegetable gardening. I remember seeing an open source automated gardening thing at Red Hat conference a few years ago, thinking it was this:

https://farm.bot/

What do you think @linus?

Video Idea:

$h!t Manufacturers Say: EVGA Power Boost improves PCIe stability for overclocking

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-MB-PB01-BR

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

How about: Help Team LTT crush those Dutch Power Cows and fight COVID19!

A shameless plug to get the community running Rosetta@Home on BOINC and help team LTT in the 2020 BOINC Pentathlon.

There are quite a few teams out there with people with access to large systems. It would be interesting to see what the enthusiast community can bring to the table.

FaH BOINC HfM

Bifrost - 6 GPU Folding Rig  Linux Folding HOWTO Folding Remote Access

Systems:

Spoiler

Fold9: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte z370 Gaming 5; i9-9900K; EVGA 280 CLC; 2 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold8: Fractal Define S; Gigabyte ax370 Gaming K7; Ryzen 7 2700; Hyper 212; 4 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold7: Fractal Meshify S2; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Pro WiFi; Ryzen 9 3900x; Noctua NH-D15; 2 x 8GB DDR4-3200; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA RTX 2060 XC Gaming; Corsair TX650M

Fold5: Fractal Define C; Gigabyte Aorus ax570 Master; Ryzen 7 2700x; DeepCool 120 CLC; 2 x 16GB DDR4-3200; 512GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming; Corsair TX750M

Fold4: Fractal Define R4; Gigabyte z370xp SLI; Pentium G5500; 2 x 4GB DDR4-2400; 128GB NVMe; EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Hybrid; EVGA GTX 1660ti XC Ultra Gaming; Corsair TX650M

I just had a thought of what might make an entertaining test.  It’s kinda dumb, but it has the advantage it being doable using stuff from previous episodes, so without having to buy or be shipped anything.  

requirements:

-1 high power rig (specifics unimportant)

-1 low power rig (specifics unimportant

-a random bunch of PSUs of various wattages and efficiency ratings.

-a wall voltage draw meter.

its pretty simple: one test of each PSU in each rig at idle and load via the watt meter.

Does a 1000w platinum use more power than a 400w plus bronze at idle on a small machine?  How much extra if any would the electricity cost?

it would be handy.   It would allow people to MIB max their rigs, and it wouldnt really cost much to do.  A “rainy day” project maybe.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I would like to have a review done of the Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (or Plus idk). On Short Circuit or the main channel. I had a friend recommend them to me but I have no other information on it other than that. All the credible tech Youtubers I watch (i.e. LinusTechTips and MKBHD) seem to have avoided the updated Samsung earbuds. In his recent video about the new Google buds, MKBHD mentioned that the new Galaxy buds were in his top 3 favorite earbuds, yet, he has no video on them. Is there just not enough interest in the product to warrant making a video on them? I'm just speculating.

DO anyone has time to read this?.. if yes then sit back and read 👇👇👇

.....................................................................................................................

While Eating Indian dish i Got AN idea -- 3d printed GPU  cooler but unfortunately

i found that 3d printed materials have low melting point. Do u Techy Guys find any interesting in that??

5 hours ago, Ananthu14661 said:

DO anyone has time to read this?.. if yes then sit back and read 👇👇👇

.....................................................................................................................

While Eating Indian dish i Got AN idea -- 3d printed GPU  cooler but unfortunately

i found that 3d printed materials have low melting point. Do u Techy Guys find any interesting in that??

I did have time.  I still feel cheated.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

do a Michael reeves collab making laser turrents with ai to shoot wasp but not bees to protect the hive. invasive wasp species  is killing bees and everyone likes honey right? michael has made laser turrents before and learning and tracking swarms but hes young and low budget and a collab with you guys could get this inside a actual bee farm and giant wasp to test it on and its a good cause and extremely entertaining. what more can you ask for? and hey now alex can justify all those expensive machines machine robot laser turrets 

in the age of corna you dont even have to fly him out just do some teams calls and alex can throw it together with a bit of consultation, and the live wasp show up int he mail and you let them loose with the turret to slay them in a confined space with a beekeeper uniform on(find a local) and ocne you get ti working and test it out on a few bees to see that it doesnt kill them, take it out to the farm and test it and throw the instructions and software on github. 

save the bees!

sounds like fun @AlexTheGreatish ?

I would really like a roundup of sub $50 (or lower) third party PC compatible controllers, either Chinese Brand focused or including global brands. 
It would be a fun roundup, controllers are great for couch PC gaming and anything non competitive, plus dat affiliate link money. 

backstory: 

I’ve recently been using a DualShock4 but most games don’t show the correct button inputs (XYAB instead of the shapes which I somehow can never get used to)
After buying the DualShock4 blindly assuming third party stuff was all Mad Catz esque, (I knew Xbox controllers had better PC compatibility but knew I would prefer the symmetrical thumb sticks) I’ve since learned that there are *lots* of great third party controllers like from Steelseries and Logitech that are less expensive. I think you guys could do a great job on figuring out which one was the best for various use cases.

On 3/21/2019 at 2:46 AM, CPotter said:

Hit us with your best Linus Tech Tips video suggestions! This is to replace our old "What should we review next" thread. Linus or one of the writers will read these suggestions, but they may not reply to you in this thread directly.

Linus Tech Tips

Hello Mr. Sebastian,

Make sure you & your crew are safe. Because, I don’t wanna miss out the amazing content while I am alive about tech. xD And if you’re reading this, please do make a video about AMD 4000 series Desktop processors its release and upcoming stuff. Since I am planning to buy and I am confused with the release of 3300x right now. In short, just make another AMD video of all the upcoming releases and trends that it would follow with the board it will use. Since the pandemic has made the price fall in my country, it would be a good time for me to build a PC. As I just have one MacBook Air. I can’t game. And I have always wanted to. So please make a video help me decideeeeee. I know its too short for you to understand the whole text. xD Thanks & Cheers to your crew. Hats off to all the content. 

With expectations,

lafinJr.