Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Motherboard Tier List (EOL)

Message added by MEC-777

NOTE: Motherboard Tier List has changed hands to another member. Please refer to this link for the new thread:

 

 

1 minute ago, ReggieGRS said:

@GoldenLag

@valdyrgramr

 

I'm not deadset on the x299 i'm just researching things so i'm well informed regardless of the decision. I was thinking on a Rampage VI Extreme. I assume that board is free of mentioned issues? And what about the overheating in the article? Was that fix or is it still a problem as of present?

that board should be fine. 

 

afaik most of the overheating from X299 comes from the fact the CPUs run rather hot while consuming more power than you would expect from the TDP spec. make sure to pack a very beefy cooler with them . 

 

VRM on early Asus boards among a few others were extremely dissapointing. VRM was not meant for anything but stock operation, something i dont think they can do with the 500 watt monster that is the 9990XE. 

 

tl;dr i wouldnt look at the dead end plattform. Threadripper 3k is coming and should put an end to the small advantages skulake X had over it, and even in those tasks the 9900k made more sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

make sure to pack a very beefy cooler with them . 

Would a D15 be enough? Its all i have of current and unable to change for a good time

 

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i wouldnt look at the dead end plattform. Threadripper 3k is coming and should put an end to the small advantages skulake X had over it, and even in those tasks the 9900k made more sense

I'm looking into the TRs too. Just uncertain of their gaming performance. And i want to utilize the quad channel kit (specifically quad rated not just 4 sticks) i went through so much trouble to get, so a 9900K wouldn't be ideal, altho i was told its performance is great for photoshop, premiere and after affects which will be part of my workload.

Current System

 

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 64GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: HX 850w 80+ Platinum // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

 

Old System (Now Retired)

 

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

 

Peripherals And Others

 

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Pro // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 // Display: LG 2560x1080 34' 144Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Would a D15 be enough? Its all i have of current and unable to change for a good time

depends on the CPU

 

but as i said, Skylake X is just never worth it. 

5 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

I'm looking into the TRs too. Just uncertain of their gaming performance. And i want to utilize the quad channel kit (specifically quad rated not just 4 sticks) i went through so much trouble to get, so a 9900K wouldn't be ideal, altho i was told its performance is great for photoshop, premiere and after affects which will be part of my workload.

do not break rule 2. like honestly, if you are doing adobe workloads the 9900k will be much better regardless of how much trouble it took you to get 4 sticks rated for quadchannel (i dont see why you would look for that as and 4 identical sticks would work fine).

 

dont buy skylake X. its just a bad idea. regardless of how much money you want to throw at it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

I'm looking into the TRs too. Just uncertain of their gaming performance. And i want to utilize the quad channel kit (specifically quad rated not just 4 sticks) i went through so much trouble to get, so a 9900K wouldn't be ideal, altho i was told its performance is great for photoshop, premiere and after affects which will be part of my workload.

like honestly, dont buy skylake X. you will be dissapointed and your wallet will be empty. and the system on a EOL plattform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

do not break rule 2. like honestly, dont buy skylake X. its just a bad idea. regardless of how much money you want to throw at it. 

 

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

like honestly, dont buy skylake X. you will be dissapointed and your wallet will be empty. and the system on a EOL plattform.

 

Shit, damn... Is it that bad? I mean, you're referring only to the price x performance not being worth it? Or is there more to it?

Current System

 

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 64GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: HX 850w 80+ Platinum // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

 

Old System (Now Retired)

 

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

 

Peripherals And Others

 

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Pro // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 // Display: LG 2560x1080 34' 144Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ReggieGRS said:

Shit, damn... Is it that bad? I mean, you're referring only to the price x performance not being worth it?

i wouldnt say its bad. 

 

the price to performance level is terrible.

2 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Or is there more to it?

at every workload there is a better option than the Skylake X plattform. like allways.

 

either it being in the form of the 9900k or threadripper. it sadly makes no sense regardless of workload to buy the skylake X series of CPUs. 

 

 

there is a reason why i made rule 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

They want 1800 bucks for a processor that only has an 11 percent performance gain while wanting hundreds more for like 2-3 percent gain over TR.  I mean to me it's not worth it.

The price is not a main concern but the way @GoldenLag said it's like the chips are cursed or something, jesus... I honestly got scared a little bit... I pictured a big-ass sign saying "DO NOT BUY" and another sign below saying "EVER" lol

Current System

 

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 64GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: HX 850w 80+ Platinum // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

 

Old System (Now Retired)

 

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

 

Peripherals And Others

 

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Pro // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 // Display: LG 2560x1080 34' 144Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ReggieGRS said:

The price is not a main concern but the way @GoldenLag said it's like the chips are cursed or something, jesus... I honestly got scared a little bit... I pictured a big-ass sign saying "DO NOT BUY" and another sign below saying "EVER" lol

if im going to be 100% honest

 

there is a workload to buy Skylake X, but even in that workload id avoid them. as that workload you would be better of waiting for Zen 2 to drop.

 

that workload being AVX workloads. 

 

as with everything, rule 2 applies. it just doesnt add up to buy it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@valdyrgramr

 

I see your point and i understand it. Call me crazy but, i really wanna utilize quad channel module and i only have 2 options on that. x299 Skylake-X which i'm being told not to pursue it left, right and center, and x399 TRs. I'm super torn right after what you guys said about the platform... And i coincidentally i'm currently running a 4770K and i'm not satisfied with its gaming performance.

 

@GoldenLag

 

Yea the more i hear the more it seems that the 9900K is my best choice altho i'll have to give up running quad channel but as compensation will save a good amount of money... Money i can then redirect for a beefier cooler for the 9900K as i heard it is a pretty hot chip and idk if my D15 will handle it at 5 Ghz

 

Will definitely reconsider the x299 platform

Current System

 

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 64GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: HX 850w 80+ Platinum // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

 

Old System (Now Retired)

 

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

 

Peripherals And Others

 

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Pro // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 // Display: LG 2560x1080 34' 144Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ReggieGRS said:

Yea the more i hear the more it seems that the 9900K is my best choice altho i'll have to give up running quad channel but as compensation will save a good amount of money... Money i can then redirect for a beefier cooler for the 9900K as i heard it is a pretty hot chip and idk if my D15 will handle it at 5 Ghz

 

Will definitely reconsider the x299 platform

If you really want to use your quadchannel kit. Wait flr threadripper 3k. Tho at adobe the 9900k will probably stah as the king for a while as adobe isnt the fastest to optimize anything

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If you really want to use your quadchannel kit. Wait flr threadripper 3k. Tho at adobe the 9900k will probably stah as the king for a while as adobe isnt the fastest to optimize anything

Yea, x299 is almost 100% out the window as of right now... Depending on how long i'll need to wait for Zen2, i might get a 9900K, incidentally, can a D15 handle it at a 5Ghz OC or do i need a fancy AIO?

Current System

 

Mobo: MSI MEG Z390 Godlike // CPU: i9-9900K // GPU: Galax Hall of Fame RTX 2080 Ti // RAM: 64GB Vengeance LPX // Cooling: D15S with 3 Noctua Fans // Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO, 6TB Seagate Barracuda PRO // PSU: HX 850w 80+ Platinum // Case: TT View 37 RGB Edition

 

Old System (Now Retired)

 

Mobo: Asus B85M-E // CPU: i7-4770K // GPU: Gigabyte G1 1070 // RAM: 16GB Single Channel // Cooling: Stock Intel // Storage: 167 GB SDD OCZ Agility3, 2 TB Seagate Barracuda // PSU: AeroCool Strike X 800w 80+ Silver // Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Blue LED Mid-Tower

 

Peripherals And Others

 

Mouse: Corsair Glaive RGB Pro // Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Mercury White // Headphone: Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 // Display: LG 2560x1080 34' 144Hz Ultrawide // UPS: Pure Sine Wave, Online Topology 3000VA (2100w)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ReggieGRS said:

Yea, x299 is almost 100% out the window as of right now... Depending on how long i'll need to wait for Zen2, i might get a 9900K, incidentally, can a D15 handle it at a 5Ghz OC or do i need a fancy AIO?

D15 should be fine. Though it will still be hot due to the heat bottleneck of the thick 9900k die. (The did of the 9900k is about 50% thicker than the 8700k. Meaning heat moves "slower" towards the cooler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK the price here is kinda questionable at the very best but also good. So between these 3 B450 K4, B450m Steel Legend and B450 Pro 4 which one is better?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

what the frick is a 6 Power Phase Design, no information on anything else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Oalei said:

what the frick is a 6 Power Phase Design, no information on anything else

it means it has 6 power chockes

 

it depends on how good the system is and how it runs how much it can deliver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it means it has 6 power chockes

 

it depends on how good the system is and how it runs how much it can deliver

ok whats the configuration then? (its steel legend)

well i want to oc my CPU more than anything else

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Oalei said:

ok whats the configuration then? (its steel legend)

well i want to oc my CPU more than anything else

steel legend is a doubler 4+2 phase, so one chocke per phase.

 

what cpu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

steel legend is a doubler 4+2 phase, so one chocke per phase.

 

what cpu?

5 2400g with another discrete GPU down the road

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

First off all, I'd rather use core and thread count instead of product names. With both sides upping core counts the Ryzen 7 or i5 naming scheme dont really mean much anymore. Also might want to specify architecture since different Zen iterations draw power differently.

 

Second thing is the LN2 tier. Unlike ambient overclocking, LN2 overclocking is more forgiving as the board itself gets frozen. Just because a board can smash world records doesn't mean it's a good board for Blender 24hr. I think you should put these and the workstation class boards into other boards with different colour to show their special status.

 

Third thing is to add more tiers. Some examples include:

Intel: Asus Zxxx Strix get better and better over time. Not good enough in the current list to be a tier higher, but still worth showing.

AMD: MSI Creation is the only board you can confidently overclock the 32 core with (maybe until Gigabyte's rumoured 16 phase come out, but that didn't show up for quite some time). That alone should be enough to be worth its own tier, not sharing with other flagships just because they are also designed (doesnt mean they could) for overclocking the high core count threadrippers.

 

Fourth and last part will be related to individual entries

 

Intel:

Asus Maximus Extreme dont have full LN2 feature set just like the Gene. Shouldn't be considered an LN2 board. If you think it is, then the Gene should be bumped up as well (though I wont keep the LN2 tier myself)

MSI MEG Ace... better than everything in its tier, should be among the gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards

Asrock Phantom 6 is somehow in the AMD part

Asus TUF Sabertooth series should be separated from the TUF Mark.I and II (in Z270) and TUF Gaming. Not enough to be a tier higher since this is a performance oriented list, but still.

Asus Strix-H should be down along with the TUF Gaming and Prime boards

 

AMD:

Asus Zenith Extreme got an update with the release of the 24 and 32 core in the form of a strapped on fan directly from Asus as an accessory. Active and passive cooling are very different so this should be specified.

Asus X470 Prime Pro. Terrible VRM thermals during sustained load, no place for it among the Crosshair 7s and X470-F

Asus X370 Strix (just call it the X370-F, that's the only X370 Strix) has the same VRM as the X470-F only worse heatsink. Still worth bumping up imo.

Asus TUF B450 Pro get big heatsinks, should be bumped up a tier

Asus B450-F and B450-E should be in tier C since they are still 8 4C06B mosfet in 4 phase configuration (B450-E has 8 4C09B high side while B450-F and also the rest of Asus's B chipset boards have 4 4C09B), only with big heatsinks.

Asrock X470 Fatality K4 has the same VRM as the Master SLI, nowhere near as good as the Taichi. What I think you got confused with is the X370 Professional Gaming, or our (communism) Taichi as I call it. That got cut in X470.

 

Edit:

Fifth part: Extra info

 

Steel Legend is the same 4+2 phase no doublers config as the Master SLI is

Didnt do much research on X299, that's why I didnt comment on them

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

First off all, I'd rather use core and thread count instead of product names. With both sides upping core counts the Ryzen 7 or i5 naming scheme dont really mean much anymore. Also might want to specify architecture since different Zen iterations draw power differently.

will look into that... but that'll be a later update

 

33 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Second thing is the LN2 tier. Unlike ambient overclocking, LN2 overclocking is more forgiving as the board itself gets frozen. Just because a board can smash world records doesn't mean it's a good board for Blender 24hr. I think you should put these and the workstation class boards into other boards with different colour to show their special status.

same for that

 

34 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Intel: Asus Zxxx Strix get better and better over time. Not good enough in the current list to be a tier higher, but still worth showing.

hm... interesting... efficiency seems to be lower on them tho

 

35 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus Maximus Extreme dont have full LN2 feature set just like the Gene. Shouldn't be considered an LN2 board. If you think it is, then the Gene should be bumped up as well (though I wont keep the LN2 tier myself)

will fix that part

 

35 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

MSI MEG Ace... better than everything in its tier, should be among the gigabyte Z390 Aorus boards

will probably tier that up then

 

35 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus X470 Prime Pro. Terrible VRM thermals during sustained load, no place for it among the Crosshair 7s and X470-F

will update

 

36 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asrock Phantom 6 is somehow in the AMD part

there's a x399 version

 

37 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus X370 Strix (just call it the X370-F, that's the only X370 Strix) has the same VRM as the X470-F only worse heatsink. Still worth bumping up imo.

will fix

 

37 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus TUF Sabertooth series should be separated from the TUF Mark.I and II (in Z270) and TUF Gaming. 

is there a version newer than am3+?

 

39 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus TUF B450 Pro get big heatsinks, should be bumped up a tier

will look into it

 

39 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Asus Strix-H should be down along with the TUF Gaming and Prime boards

will look into that

 

41 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

 Asrock X470 Fatality K4 has the same VRM as the Master SLI

but the master sli has thermal sensor problems, that's why it's tiered down

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

hm... interesting... efficiency seems to be lower on them tho

not catching up to how CPUs draw more power, that's for sure

 

21 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

is there a version newer than am3+?

no tough TUF after that as far as I'm aware for AMD CPUs

 

22 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

but the master sli has thermal sensor problems, that's why it's tiered down

if that's the case I dont think the K4 will be better either. That's what happens for mass production, problems tend to spread.

 

24 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

there's a x399 version

there should be a Phantom 6 entry for Intel then

 

Oh and also Asrock OCF can make it into the list

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

if that's the case I dont think the K4 will be better either. That's what happens for mass production, problems tend to spread.

no reports on the k4, only on the master line in general

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no reports on the k4, only on the master line in general

really? in that case modding K4's bios to the Master could be a good fix since they are so similar in hardware. I'll see what the chiphell guys suggest.

 

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×