Motherboard Tier List (EOL)

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i could place it somewhere, but because i haven't seen reviews yet, i can't really judge that well

Well it's undecided. But I'm interested in 2x3.0 pcie 16, even though the difference is not that big of a deal 

Just now, Oalei said:

Wait a sec is it a hint for 4.0x16?

you mean 4.0x8?

3 minutes ago, Oalei said:

Well it's undecided. But I'm interested in 2x3.0 pcie 16, even though the difference is not that big of a deal 

ah... i'm mainly looking at the vrm's and problems... it seems to be a 4+2 (with doublers)

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you mean 4.0x8?

ah... i'm mainly looking at the vrm's and problems... it seems to be a 4+2 (with doublers)

It's x8 I thought x16

The vrm is decent for overcooking but the temps is around the 90's from a reviewer 

14 minutes ago, Oalei said:

It's x8 I thought x16

The vrm is decent for overcooking but the temps is around the 90's from a reviewer 

I'll just wait for more, and see after that

What are you classing as extreme overclocking ? LN2 ? I mean if you are doing something like that then you need to state it. Also 99% of people probably will never even do something like that. And people that are doing LN2 don't need to look at a tier list in the first place.

Just now, lee32uk said:

What are you classing as extreme overclocking ? LN2 ? I mean if you are doing something like that then you need to state it. Also 99% of people probably will never even do something like that. And people that are doing LN2 don't need to look at a tier list in the first place.

not ln2... just really heavy overclocks

most people would have enough with a lower tier, correct

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

not ln2... just really heavy overclocks

most people would have enough with a lower tier, correct

Any of the Gigabyte Aorus boards will handle a heavy overclock on the 9900K. If you are not doing LN2 or a custom loop then cooling is going to be the sticking point anyway. Even a 360mm AIO is going to have it's work cut out when you push past 5GHz.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Any of the Gigabyte Aorus boards will handle a heavy overclock on the 9900K. If you are not doing LN2 or a custom loop then cooling is going to be the sticking point anyway. Even a 360mm AIO is going to have it's work cut out when you push past 5GHz.

yeah...

i did ln2... but now i question myself on the master as extreme oc'er

any comment on that?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

yeah...

i did ln2... but now i question myself on the master as extreme oc'er

any comment on that?

To me extreme overclocking is exotic cooling like LN2 and whatever other non standard cooling people like Der8auer use etc when going for World record overclocks. If you are just running an AIO or even a custom loop then that isn't in the asme category imo.

Any of the Gigabyte Aorus boards will do past 5GHz with the 9900K so they could be all grouped together really.

This video of the Gigabyte boards from Buildzoid is pretty informative if you haven't seen it.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

To me extreme overclocking is exotic cooling like LN2 and whatever other non standard cooling people like Der8auer use etc when going for World record overclocks. If you are just running an AIO or even a custom loop then that isn't in the asme category imo.

yeah, i saw it

i guess i can tier the master and designature down, and leave it like that way

You're going to be pulling your hair out once new Ryzen 2/Threadripper 3 boards (X570? B550? X499?) come out.

Good job, though. Hopefully it helps new users, and help limit the motherboard recommendation posts.

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You're going to be pulling your hair out once new Ryzen 2/Threadripper 3 boards (X570? B550? X499?) come out.

hey, a hair! is this a sign?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor chuckles im in danger

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Good job, though. Hopefully it helps new users, and help limit the motherboard recommendation posts.

or at least guide everyone here to what they should get for their system, so they don't overpay, but also don't pay too little

On 3/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, LukeSavenije said:

Tier B Mainstream gaming (i5oc, i7oc)

Asus: Rampage VI Apex

Asrock: x299-Extreme4 OC Formula

>Two of the most feature rich motherboards for X299 overclocking

>"Mainstream"

Are you high?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

4 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

>Two of the most feature rich motherboards for X299 overclocking

>"Mainstream"

Are you high?

no, i'm down to changing it

i understand the asus extreme, but the asrock too? any sources on that?

I want to get know what brand is best for OC

2 minutes ago, Fatal1tyXY said:

I want to get know what brand is best for OC

6j8i71dbrxv11.png

The higher on this list the better.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

6j8i71dbrxv11.png

The higher on this list the better.

It's for AMD not intel

10 minutes ago, Fatal1tyXY said:

It's for AMD not intel

i assume ryzen?

what chip and how much overclocking do you have in mind?

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

i assume ryzen?

what chip and how much overclocking do you have in mind?

Yes I am getting  the Ryzen 5 2600X

3 minutes ago, Fatal1tyXY said:

Yes I am getting  the Ryzen 5 2600X

ah, okay

something from tier b should do the job for you

You know all things considered i am still happy with my Asrock AB350 motherboard, sure its not the best but has been good for my needs.

On its own its not a good board yes but i got lucky as I have a Microcenter nearby and they offer great combos for the money.

My memory, CPU and motherboard as a combo was a steal at around $350 smackers

2 minutes ago, MadmanRB said:

You know all things considered i am still happy with my Asrock AB350 motherboard, sure its not the best but has been good for my needs.

On its own its not a good board yes but i got lucky as I have a Microcenter nearby and they offer great combos for the money.

My memory, CPU and motherboard as a combo was a steal at around $350 smackers

i mean, it wouldn't be my choice because the b450 version exists, but it's a okay board, especially for that price

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean, it wouldn't be my choice because the b450 version exists, but it's a okay board, especially for that price

Well keep in mind I got my motherboard soon after Ryzens launch thus why its B350 not B450.

Still I like my Asrock ab350 pro 4, as long as it works thats all I care about.

Even little headroom for overclocking I am still happy here :D

I may upgrade my motherboard yes but for now i am quite pleased how things turned out