Linus called us 560ti owners out on the WAN show. Shall we compare notes?

XionEternum

Agreed on this first point, but out of popcorn.

As to the second; I've said my piece on this more than I care to, and it's not the point of the post. It may be the reason, but not the point. Debating semantics of what someone says with the fanboys that idolize him is beyond pointless. That said, I'll respond to all further needless white-knighting with: "Not the point of the post, please read the main post and stay on topic." As to your cup reference, most consider a centimeter below the rim 'full' or it'll spill. Bad analogy. Try again?

Actually, they do look pretty good. Jaggies from lack of AA aren't pronounced on a 1920x1200 or even 1080p enough to care too much. As I already said though: Yes, you will notice them if you are looking for them, or if you have a dark contrast against a high contrast. I've even moved on to a 1440p @ 120Hz and AA is even less important at that and any resolution higher. Full-retinal display wouldn't need AA at all. So yeah, AA is primarily for lower resolutions where individual pixel lines are blended for a cleaner look, and is less effective and more demanding at higher resolution. And before you suggest another BS point of debate; my eyes are fine, had an exam just a few months ago. Now, go study up on AA before posting such a useless point of debate; "That was already clarified in the original post!"

Nobody is saying that, you should actually read the thread first if you're going to white-knight for your hero Linus.

"Not the point of the post, please read the main post and stay on topic."

Really? You have all three of those and can't max anything out at 1080p? Are some of the settings disabled? Is your CPU a single-core 777Mhz PowerPC chip? Something has got to be wrong with your PC if you are unable to turn all your settings to their maximum. Does Minecraft even run on it? How about Flash games, can you play those? Slender or other Unity games?

Please, don't post stupid, or get treated stupid.

Now, true in presumption you meant ALL games at 60+ frames per second. No single card can do that yet and we have DirectX to thank for that. They are capable of it though once either Mantle takes root and/or DirectX gets overhauled.

But frankly when you have players in Planetside 2 complaining about low FPS at medium/high settings with a 3570K and GTX680 when the same system I was beta testing that game with is the one I'm sampling here and had it also maxed w/o AA for 30-60 fps depending on battle size, yeah; pretty sure these entry-level cards have a competing bite in them with the current state of affairs. However, nobody here is claiming a basic reference non-OCed 560ti can max everything. So...

"Not the point of the post, please read the main post and stay on topic."

I Won't take a stand in this question, things are getting derailed anough at this point as it is...

But please man, ~chill~ a little, and ease off with the harsh comments "Please dont post stupid or get treated stupid" is in no way relevent to the post, nor is it helpful to anyone...

My brother rocks a 560ti hand me down and it runs everything he plays, Skyrim, LOL, Minecraft

LoL gets 60fps without a gpu lol

Really? You have all three of those and can't max anything out at 1080p? Are some of the settings disabled? Is your CPU a single-core 777Mhz PowerPC chip? Something has got to be wrong with your PC if you are unable to turn all your settings to their maximum. Does Minecraft even run on it? How about Flash games, can you play those? Slender or other Unity games?

Please, don't post stupid, or get treated stupid.

Apparantly you don't know how to read signatures. No I can't max everything at 1080p. Battlefield 4 at 200% rendering? No way. Metro last light at 4x AA? No way. Crysis 3 at full out TXAA? No way. Now thats my 780ti. What about the 100 year old piece of shit now known as the 560ti? What a joke.

Please pick up a fucking dictionary and take a nice long look at the word maximum before you delude people into making poor decisions. 560ti was a mid range card, when it came out in 2011. Maxing out games in 2013, to even think that it could makes me question your sanity. 

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

GTX 560 Ti 448 is probably not the card he was talking about, but that said even the 448 you're only getting a setting or two higher than the 384.

I think Linus did a poor job converying what he was trying to say, much like people who recommend lower end cards. That said even "Maxed out" is a loose definition at best, and everyone has their own idea of what that means once you move past actual quality settings and move into things like AA.

Is Crysis 3 on Very High with SMAA "Maxed out" or do you need 8XMSAA? Well is that really maxed out, cause TXAA is there as well.......

Mate, dont stroll around here with your 40 posts history and act like a moderator.

And what he said about "maxing out all games with a 560 ti isnt going to happen" is because thats what Linus was originally talking about! Linus criticised people who go around saying that a 560 ti will max out any game! Your post was incoherent and convoluted so it's not his fault that he couldnt interpret your meaning.

And in response to your original post, your benchmarks werent of the games "maxed out at 1080p" so what was even the point.

First point: Not trying to, but frankly my background in PC tech would make some people with hundreds of posts cry. I promise you there are IT pros with PhDs in computer science and vast engineering backgrounds not even signed up to forums like this. Post counts mean jack. I will however, try to moderate my own threads as best as I am allowed.

Second point: This was never the point, at any point. Yes the title of the post is mentioning Linus's call-out of people claiming their 560ti can run anything at full details, and I am not disputing that at all. The point of the post itself is to encourage 560ti owners to do actual benchmarking and post their results here. Nothing more. Anyone posting any different isn't going to get treated like their post matters here. Same for you.

Final point: My benchmarks were to emphasize that 'full details' are possible with a 560ti at playable framerates, just not 'maxed out' as others believe walks hand in hand with such claims. "Full details" in graphical arts for game development back when I was into it myself and as far as I've always been concerned, means full texture quality and model details. Not all the bells and whistles like AA, SSAO, or any post processing effects. Those fill in the 'maxed out' creed.

I Won't take a stand in this question, things are getting derailed anough at this point as it is...

But please man, ~chill~ a little, and ease off with the harsh comments "Please dont post stupid or get treated stupid" is in no way relevent to the post, nor is it helpful to anyone...

Agreed, it was harsh, but frankly so was the intent behind his post. I also agree [it] was as irrelevant to the post as his own. Hence my nature: I am a mirror, and I reflect back what is presented before me as it should be seen. :P

Apparantly you don't know how to read signatures. No I can't max everything at 1080p. Battlefield 4 at 200% rendering? No way. Metro last light at 4x AA? No way. Crysis 3 at full out TXAA? No way. Now thats my 780ti. What about the 100 year old piece of shit now known as the 560ti? What a joke.

Please pick up a fucking dictionary and take a nice long look at the word maximum before you delude people into making poor decisions. 560ti was a mid range card, when it came out in 2011. Maxing out games in 2013, to even think that it could makes me question your sanity. 

Didn't care to read your signature, it seemed as irrelevant as your post. As is this one. So... again... "Not the point of the post. Please read the original post and stay on topic."

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

I used a 560 Ti for a year, loved it. Four of my friends had me help them pick out PC parts, and 2 of them still use the 560ti with absolutely no issue on 1080p max settings 30fps+ on MOST GAMES. There are things starting to come out that they cannot do that. But that's how GPUs age. I upgrade my GPU constantly, but most people don't. There are still people with 580's that will be perfectly fine for awhile. Yes the video RAM is getting too low so higher resolutions may not be reasonable, but that's what upgrades are for.

I don't understand necessarily what the BS about the 560 ti being a junk ass outdated card is, it is dated but it's not like a 9800 GT. Shit, I have a rig that still runs most games in reasonable settings with a GTS 250. It can't max any settings, and can barely handle 1080p let alone 1440p+, but again... thats... how... GPUs.. age...?

Case: Corsair 750D | CPU: Intel i7 4770k | Video Card: Gigabyte WF3 780 Ti 3GB | RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 | Hard Drives: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / 1TB WD Black / 2TB Seagate Barracuda / 2x2TB WD Green | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Corsair h100i w/ Noctua NF-F12 x2 | DAC: O2 Amp/Dac Combo w/ RCA from Mayflower Electronics | Headphones: HiFiMAN HE-400 | Microphone/Input: AudioTechnica AT2035 w/ Scarlet 2i2 Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 w/ Custom Keycaps | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Monitor: QNiX QX2710LED 1440p PLS & WASABI-MANGO QH275 27" 1440p S-IPS

I used a 560 Ti for a year, loved it. Four of my friends had me help them pick out PC parts, and 2 of them still use the 560ti with absolutely no issue on 1080p max settings 30fps+ on MOST GAMES. There are things starting to come out that they cannot do that. But that's how GPUs age. I upgrade my GPU constantly, but most people don't. There are still people with 580's that will be perfectly fine for awhile. Yes the video RAM is getting too low so higher resolutions may not be reasonable, but that's what upgrades are for.

I don't understand necessarily what the BS about the 560 ti being a junk ass outdated card is, it is dated but it's not like a 9800 GT. Shit, I have a rig that still runs most games in reasonable settings with a GTS 250. It can't max any settings, and can barely handle 1080p let alone 1440p+, but again... thats... how... GPUs.. age...?

Agreed, whole-heartedly. And thank you for your worthwhile input compared to most thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, as much as I'ld have rather this thread been what it was supposed to be instead of a bunch of fanboys white-knighting for Linus; I'll let it end with one last bit of information regarding the GTX560ti (not the 448 this time):

A friend of my girlfriend used to playfully compete with my system at the time comparing to his. He had the ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z and an FX6200(Yeah, I know...) along with 2-way SLI 560ti's. While his graphics scores were around 30-50% better than mine, his overalls were well below mine due to how 3DMark scores Bulldozer CPUs, and that was before I overclocked my 1100T on that system.

The value of a 560ti now is simple: It has none really. Even my old 560ti-448 which performs on-par with a stock 760 really has little value to it due to where nVidia is going with their Shield and built-in H.264 encoder for streaming/recording uses. A single 650ti-boost would serve better for functionality than the 560ti and perform the same if not better at higher resolutions and AA. If you have no need of Shield or streaming/recording gameplay, then you should be able to find GTX500-series cards for cheap (I would recommend any factory OC 580) on clearance, refurbished, or ebay; and exceed the price to performance ratio of any of the newer GTX series. I suppose it's also worth mentioning that G-sync may be locked to GTX600+ graphics cards, but that as far as I know has yet to be announced. One thing the 500-series DOES do better than anything but the Titan: CUDA-acceleration. After the 500-series, all new nVidia cards sacrificed all double-precision CUDA cores for a "numbers sell" mass of crippled single-precision CUDA cores. Half the reason the 500-series kept up so well with the 600-series after the driver update, was because raw CUDA performance on the 500-series is significantly better. Yes, gaming performance improved slightly, but at the cost of all notion of productivity. Be that as it may, OpenCL has taken over and CUDA-accelerated programs aren't really being developed anymore. At least, not on the consumer-level that I know of.

Regardless, now I'm getting off topic to an extent. Not as much as most of the tread, but whatever. I thought the 560ti deserved a proper send-off and not both sides of arbitrary BS biased impressions. Don't get me wrong; Linus's rant was funny, but it was no less arbitrary and biased than what he was ranting about. Perhaps more so considering how outrageous he was about it. Since he didn't feel it was worthwhile to also follow up with an objective critique like any self-respecting reviewer should; I thought I'ld try to do that in his place. Shame those of his community here that likely appreciate that objective part of Linus, couldn't see that I was trying to 'fill the void' so to speak. Maybe it was a mistake bringing my technical expertise here.

Until Maxwell releases, my 560 Ti, even though it runs quite hot and it is loud as my neighbour (Gainward Phantom cooler), it's still enough for me, although CoD: Ghosts runs quite bad on High details, also on BF4 I have lag spikes even on Low settings on 1080p..

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Some of you 560Ti owners are harsh... makes me glad I bought a 570 :D

I would really like to upgrade to a new card, but my whole rig needs to be upgraded as well. All in time.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...

Until Maxwell releases, my 560 Ti, even though it runs quite hot and it is loud as my neighbour (Gainward Phantom cooler), it's still enough for me, although CoD: Ghosts runs quite bad on High details, also on BF4 I have lag spikes even on Low settings on 1080p..

Ghosts runs poorly on 2-way SLI Titans, not to mention everything else. So much for that new engine they were building for it. /flop

Some of you 560Ti owners are harsh... makes me glad I bought a 570 :D

I would really like to upgrade to a new card, but my whole rig needs to be upgraded as well. All in time.

Care to point out an example? None of the actual 560ti owners I saw in this thread were harsh, and only people with different and better cards were being right arses. Not to mention the petty fanboys white-knighting for Linus.

Ghosts runs poorly on 2-way SLI Titans, not to mention everything else. So much for that new engine they were building for it. /flop

Care to point out an example? None of the actual 560ti owners I saw in this thread were harsh, and only people with different and better cards were being right arses. Not to mention the petty fanboys white-knighting for Linus.

Why in the world did you bump a 2 month old topic that isn't relevant anymore.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

• 5 months later...

Why in the world did you bump a 2 month old topic that isn't relevant anymore.

Because I wasn't bumping or I'ld have posted "bump" without replying. Top that off with you're doing the same as you claim me doing almost a whole month after me. Top that even further off with the fact I started the thread and am responding to replies to the thread I didn't know where there. Any other irrelevant questions?  :P