Dell XPS8930 Upgrade for blender 3d

I have a  Dell XPS 8930 and I mainly use blenders 3D program, along with the adobe suite but id like to really focus on upgrading my PC to see better performance in blender. Ive always just got a new computer every few years but id rather just uprgade this one a little bit. I have zero experience but my father could help me install some of the components as long as i can figure out what ones i want.

I mainly render on my CPU so I think more cores would benefit the most but with more cores do i need more ram? Would rendering off my Graphics card be more beneficial instead of upgrading?

Thanks in advance.

Here is a list of my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K CPU @3.70 GHZ

RAM: 16gb

System: 64 bit

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Ti

RAM: I have 2 8gb ddr4s and im thinking about adding two more of the (Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM). They look like they would be compatible alongside my others. Or would it be better to just get 4 8gbs of the same crucial? or maybe only use 2 16 gbs and take out my 8gbs?

CPU: I have six cores/12 threads. Ive noticed that the amount of threads really dictates render speeds. Id like to double the amount of cores or threads. I really don't understand how this works at all. from what i understand I cant just add another cpu? I would need a bigger cpu compatible to my motherboard with more cores and possibly have to upgrade my power supply? I would like to just get a better understanding on my options.

GPU: I dont know if i would need to upgrade? can i add another?

AMD is great for multi-core tasks, but that requires getting a new board. If you do a lot of work with Blender then a Threadripper could be worth considering.

Spoiler

Also, a 64-bit OS is obvious if you're running 16 GB of RAM.

A girl who loves to love.

i am looking the thread ripper up now. Do i need to buy a whole new mother board or pc to use this CPU? If i do then ill just buy a new computer later on.

i didn't even think about the 64 bit ram thing until you said that lol.

4 hours ago, phishslayer said:

i am looking the thread ripper up now. Do i need to buy a whole new mother board or pc to use this CPU? If i do then ill just buy a new computer later on.

i didn't even think about the 64 bit ram thing until you said that lol.

Didn't see your reply. You should just need a new board, RAM and GPU should work just fine. You may need a cooler upgrade depending on how hot the Threadripper gets.

A girl who loves to love.