Need to buy speakers for around 40-70€

filiboss123

I want to buy some desktop speakers, but I have no idea what to buy. As I said I have 40-70€ for a set, but I have no idea what to buy. I don't know a thing about them! I just want good sound.

Can u help

btw I live in Portugal

26 minutes ago, filiboss123 said:

Just buy a bluetooth soundbar, sounds fine and is highly versatile. With bluetooth/optical/RCA options

but I don't know where you shop there, an example below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Speakers-Surround-Soundbar/dp/B07N8Q8RJQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Bluetooth+Soundbar&qid=1552860175&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Don't be afraid of used speakers too! I don't know what the market is like for you, but I see super cheap used speakers online all the time, and many of them sound shockingly good.

19 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Just buy a bluetooth soundbar, sounds fine and is highly versatile. With bluetooth/optical/RCA options

but I don't know where you shop there, an example below.

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Speakers-Surround-Soundbar/dp/B07N8Q8RJQ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Bluetooth+Soundbar&qid=1552860175&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I do not have much space so it would have to be smaller. I think that a soundbar is not the way to go for me. 

11 hours ago, Steven Porter said:

Don't be afraid of used speakers too! I don't know what the market is like for you, but I see super cheap used speakers online all the time, and many of them sound shockingly good.

I actually have never bought any sort of thing second handed, perhaps I am losing an opportunity but I am a bit afraid of scammers, as I don´t know much about the matter. I ahve been thinking of these: 

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/z333-2-1-pc-speaker-system-with-subwoofer

what do you think?

On 3/18/2019 at 10:51 AM, filiboss123 said:

I actually have never bought any sort of thing second handed, perhaps I am losing an opportunity but I am a bit afraid of scammers, as I don´t know much about the matter. I ahve been thinking of these: 

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/z333-2-1-pc-speaker-system-with-subwoofer

what do you think?

It's hard to recommend without hearing them, but Logitech certainly has a good reputation with (relatively) low cost per speakers. From looking at the website, it's clear that this system was built for bass. If that's what you want, go for it! 

It's worth knowing that the tweeters (small speakers that make high frequency sounds) are fake on these. To quote from the site, "Small driver (tweeter) on satellite speakers is decorative and non-operational" Based on this, I wouldn't expect them to be particularly clear and detailed sounding, but I bet the average person wouldn't complain about it. That being said, this Logitech is probably about the best you'll get in this price range for a new system.

Here's a rather extreme example of a used system in my area. I know this is far more than you're looking for, but it shows how far you can go in the used market. $25 for a pair of speakers. I'm guessing on the sizes from the photo and listed dimensions, but each speaker has around a 1" tweeter, 3" and 5" mid-range drivers, and a 12" subwoofer. (Total of 8 drivers between the two speaker boxes) all you'd need is an amp ($20 or so) and some speaker wire for $5 and you'll have a totally insane audio system for cheaper than the little Logitech. 

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/ele/d/la-mesa-mitsubishi-s5370-speaker-set-2/6846670434.html

In my area, audio systems like these are really cheap and readily available. Smaller systems can be even cheaper, and almost all will sound far better than any normal PC speakers I've heard. Feel free to send me any used systems you find and I'll let you know what I think!

spend 70 euros and get a used audio engine a2 or a2 plus!

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W